Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 12, 2024, 7:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I NEED logical support...
RE: I NEED logical support...
(June 16, 2015 at 3:04 pm)SteveII Wrote: There are many many many stories where people knew something they shouldn't otherwise have known. This would suggest that there is more in our universe than the physical.

Indubitably.

Beyond the physical there is also the psychological. Of course psychology doesn't operate in a vacuum.
(June 16, 2015 at 12:31 pm)whateverist Wrote:
(June 16, 2015 at 10:53 am)comet Wrote: stupid people dismissing stone cold logical in favor of personal emtional stances kind of fustrates me sometimes.  

but again ... stick with the facts.

Wow.  Finally we have someone here interested in nothing but facts and logic (stone cold variety, no less).  I wonder if he might be the special?  [/sarcasm]

lmao, get over yourself would you.  I made a simple post that didn't claim much past answering the OP.  You boys get your anti-whatever panties in a bunch. 

Just stick to the facts and point out where I am wrong or go get somebody that can
anti-logical Fallacies of Ambiguity
"the facts" "stone cold logic". Usually those things don't include vague sloppy unsubstantiated appeals to quantum mechanics and psychic phenomena with the conclusion that 'science supports' genuine woo.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(June 16, 2015 at 2:16 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: I agree with what you say, but I'd just be careful about using the word 'premonition', because it comes pre-loaded with some "psychic" baggage to many people even if it's just simply a feeling that something's about to happen.  A sense of foreboding might be a better way to put it, but meh, I'm just leery about using terms that 'psychics' and 'mediums' use a lot.

ahh, as I said.  you are worried (that's emotion) about "baggage".  Worry effects positive change.  Paranoia stops positive changes.   Think about what it takes to have these "feelings". Link it to the standard model and observations made in the laboratory.  Thats all I did.  And made no stead fast claims. 
(June 16, 2015 at 3:53 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: "the facts" "stone cold logic".   Usually those things don't include vague sloppy unsubstantiated appeals to quantum mechanics and psychic phenomena with the conclusion that 'science supports' genuine woo.

thats not what I did fat man.  so your "emotional based belief" is paranoia. You are seeing things that are not there.
What in the hell does that post even mean.
- Thomas Jefferson
(June 16, 2015 at 3:49 pm)comet Wrote:
(June 16, 2015 at 12:31 pm)whateverist Wrote: Wow.  Finally we have someone here interested in nothing but facts and logic (stone cold variety, no less).  I wonder if he might be the special?  [/sarcasm]

lmao, get over yourself would you.  I made a simple post that didn't claim much past answering the OP.  You boys get your anti-whatever panties in a bunch. 

Just stick to the facts and point out where I am wrong or go get somebody that can

*checks*

My panties are not knotted.  I'm just pointing out how defensive and grandiose you come off.
(June 16, 2015 at 3:59 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: What in the hell does that post even mean.

I think he is saying he gets to mind fuck you but when you do it you are projecting your "emotion based beliefs".  You can't compare your own motivations to that of the special.
Did someone say The Special?
[Image: 9F372CED98BF4CBAA570135837D06F57.ashx?h=400&w=400]
- Thomas Jefferson
(June 16, 2015 at 3:59 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: What in the hell does that post even mean.

just stick with what was presented.  Where did I misrepresent the information.  where is what I said "flat out wrong." 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Logical Disproofs of a Biblical Type God JohnJubinsky 28 2651 June 14, 2021 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Is God a logical contradiction? Tom Fearnley 561 44727 February 28, 2020 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: Rahn127
  Most humans aren't too logical when it comes to world views and how to go about it. Mystic 28 4112 October 9, 2018 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Alan V
  To theists- A logical insight into Atheism ignoramus 65 12360 May 16, 2018 at 8:48 am
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  Is it logical for a Theological Noncognitivist to identify as an atheist? IanHulett 24 6596 September 8, 2015 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: IanHulett
  Why Agnostic Atheism may not be the most logical stance. Mystic 36 12854 March 1, 2014 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  one logical explanation for Materialistic Athiesm? Bob101 61 15383 February 13, 2014 at 7:08 am
Last Post: Tonus
  Dillahunty pwns logical fallacies. feeling 10 4080 December 14, 2013 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Thou Shall Not Commit Logical Fallacies Fidel_Castronaut 4 2190 November 28, 2013 at 10:35 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  list of logical fallacies TheBeardedDude 1 1031 November 26, 2013 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Tea Earl Grey Hot