Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 28, 2024, 11:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Inquiry
RE: My Inquiry
Exactly. If there is a god, we have no way to learn about it. People make crap up because they don't like uncertainty.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Haven't you heard?

The new Xtian "unfalsifiable fact" is now a "solid core fact". Let's not split hairs over the minor difference.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
To OP "onmytablet512".
The proof for a lack of "god" is everywhere! Look around you!

Define "god" and we'll show you where he's not!
Is he outside and above the laws of this physical universe?
If so, then you not only have no proof, you have no theory, no hypothesis. Just another mad man making wild unsubstantiated claims?
Kindergarten kiddies have more common sense than that ...
You gotta give us something more than that....
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 17, 2015 at 6:38 pm)Minimalist Wrote: In total then, outside of the bible, these are the only 3 non-christian sources of proof of the historicity of jesus.

... And, even one of those is known to be an early christian insert so that leaves two.

... And, even one of the remaining two MIGHT be an early christian insert.

That leaves us 1.5 sources. Not bad for someone who wandered all around Galilee performing miracles, preaching in temples as a small boy, overturning tables of the money changers in the temple and preaching to 5,000 people plus (which is more that saw the 5th round replay between Nazareth FC and Betlehem Academicals in 76 AD).
If you are not nice to me, I WILL mention you in my suicide note.
(June 18, 2015 at 1:56 am)onmytablet512 Wrote: It seems we once again have a massive amount of replies that basically relate to the fact that because there is no proof of God, he must not exist. As to the whole "if God is loving why is there evil in the world," I can only say that I don't understand it either. God works in mysterious ways sounds like a very lame argument, but it is true. As a man with very limited understanding of the entire picture of the Universe, I have no way of fathoming how God works or the thought processes he goes through. The evil in the world could be a testing of faith, it could be the Devil's interventions- there are a few explanations I can think of, but again, he's God and I'm human. I can't understand his thought processes.

Translation: "I have absolutely no evidence for my claim; therefore, my belief remains unjustified. Not to worry, I have parlayed my unfounded certainty into willful ignorance making me impervious to reason."
You guys settle that. In the meantime, I've got mathematical proof that god doesn't exist.

God created the universe.

Universe = all that exists

That means:
(God) (universe/all that exists)

As you can see, god is not a member of the set universe/all that exists. Ergo, god doesn't exist.

QED MOTHERFUCKER

Quote:you gotta love:

"God works in mysterious ways sounds like a very lame argument, but it is true."

In other words:   As a general rule,  I cherry pick only the "true" fallacies when debating...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 18, 2015 at 1:56 am)onmytablet512 Wrote: It seems we once again have a massive amount of replies that basically relate to the fact that because there is no proof of God, he must not exist. As to the whole "if God is loving why is there evil in the world," I can only say that I don't understand it either. God works in mysterious ways sounds like a very lame argument, but it is true. As a man with very limited understanding of the entire picture of the Universe, I have no way of fathoming how God works or the thought processes he goes through. The evil in the world could be a testing of faith, it could be the Devil's interventions- there are a few explanations I can think of, but again, he's God and I'm human. I can't understand his thought processes.

So instead of lets say for shits and giggles, looking for your own answers for all this, you're content with false answers given to you in a 2,000 year old book... basically, god did it... Good things happen, god did it..PRAISE THE LORD!!  Bad things happen.. god works in mysterious ways... god wanted those people to die.. god wanted that earthquake to happen.. god wanted that woman to get raped.... why? idk.. god works in myserious ways.. what a bullshit copout... and.. and.. at the same time, with your logic, the man/men who did the raping... all they have to do is repent and all is forgiven... please, it's all bullshit
QuarkDriven  
   KCCO
North NJ l USA l Earth
Milky Way l The Universe
I came across the perfect quote for this thread:

Science works on the frontier between knowledge and ignorance. We're not afraid to admit what we don't know. There's no shame in that. The only shame is to pretend we have all the answers.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson
QuarkDriven  
   KCCO
North NJ l USA l Earth
Milky Way l The Universe
Theists invent/imagine deities. The burden of proof/evidence of existence is on the theist.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Legal Inquiry: Atheists and Affirmations (Not Oaths) Secular Elf 38 10530 August 15, 2017 at 5:57 pm
Last Post: Dropship