Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 4, 2024, 1:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask a Traditional Catholic
RE: Ask a Traditional Catholic
Such a sad existence isn't it? They come here to convert us and to scare us with hell. And we just end up feeling sorry for them.

Honestly PiousPaladan, I want you to know, I hate your imaginary friend. Not you.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
(June 28, 2015 at 12:43 pm)Nope Wrote:
(June 28, 2015 at 12:36 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: What do the scriptures say? How do you read it?

Not being hospitable  and not helping the poor

Ezekiel 16

Quote:49 “‘Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. 50 They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.

I suppose this means that you are for better welfare programs aimed at helping the poor?

Quote:Genesis 19
1 The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. 2 “My lords,” he said, “please turn aside to your servant’s house. You can wash your feet and spend the night and then go on your way early in the morning.”

“No,” they answered, “we will spend the night in the square.”

3 But he insisted so strongly that they did go with him and entered his house. He prepared a meal for them, baking bread without yeast, and they ate. 4 Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house. 5 They called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.”

6 Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him 7 and said, “No, my friends. Don’t do this wicked thing. 8 Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don’t do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof.”

9 “Get out of our way,” they replied. “This fellow came here as a foreigner, and now he wants to play the judge! We’ll treat you worse than them.” They kept bringing pressure on Lot and moved forward to break down the door.

10 But the men inside reached out and pulled Lot back into the house and shut the door. 11 Then they struck the men who were at the door of the house, young and old, with blindness so that they could not find the door.

12 The two men said to Lot, “Do you have anyone else here—sons-in-law, sons or daughters, or anyone else in the city who belongs to you? Get them out of here, 13 because we are going to destroy this place. The outcry to the Lord against its people is so great that he has sent us to destroy it.”
(June 28, 2015 at 12:59 pm)Metis Wrote: Just wow.

I've met some pretty hardcore Catholics before spouting some pretty crazy shit on rank with claims of masonic plots and UFO's but nothing on the Randy and PiousPaladin level.

I think most of them would be horrified to think they share the same faith with some of the stuff on this thread.

What, specifically, have I said that is outside the boundaries of Catholic doctrine?
(June 28, 2015 at 3:17 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Driving the Christian faith out of Jerusalem as the Muslims attempted is mortal sin and must be met with force to quash it.

....and it only took 4+ centuries to get around to it!

For Western Christendom, it was for many centuries under the control of the Byzantine Greeks who had not yet broken with Rome. Why would we "get around to it" when it was still then under the protection of a Catholic power?

(June 28, 2015 at 3:22 pm)Salacious B. Crumb Wrote: What is it like living on such a high pedestal and viewing everyone as a heretic, and ‘knowing’ that 99%+ of the people on it will burn in hell if they are not in the SSPX cult? Does it make you happy that god’s intelligent plan was to have SSPX as his true religion, you know the one jesus taught...., and a massive amount of people on the planet won’t even know what it is their entire lives?

What makes SSPX correct? I’m aware that they adopt Vatican I views, especially the Tridentine Mass, but what if you have to go back further to get the more pure version of mass? I could see people outraged over new ideas from, let’s says, Lyon I to Lyon II. I could certainly see a similar outrage between Lateran V to Trent. It would have been the modern day Vatican I to Vatican II transitional schism. What if one of the Pre-Tridentine forms of mass was the proper way to celebrate it, and you are just as bad of a heretic as the Novus Ordo folks. I know transubstantiation is a big part of the catholic mass, but it wasn’t ever thought about until the 11th century, you’d think something that important would have been already guided by god into the earliest forms of mass, and not officially accepted in 1551 in the Council of Trent. It seems that there is a clear evolution in the catholic church due to man made rules, where does the truth start and where does it end in the catholic church, and how do you know? Why is Vatican II man made and not divinely inspired?

There are so many misconceptions in this post I'm going to need to break it up to answer them all.

1. There were small changes in Church discipline between councils, not all of which everyone did like. However they all followed the same format and drew upon Catholic teaching. Vatican II was different to every other before, the prayers and invocations to the Holy Spirit were not offered as the formula dictated (thus it was not an infallible council nor binding) as well as the fact several "Fathers" admitted they wished to incorperate Protestant ideas to make it more appealing to them to draw in converts.

This is not acceptable, we cannot compromise the fullness of the Catholic faith with heretical ideas, even less those of Protestants. We do not adapt to suit the world, the world must adapt to suit the true religion.

2. Transubstantiation has always been a teaching of the Catholic Church, it had not previously then been dogmatically defined. This means that a definitions of what something was is confirmed and all Catholics must adhere to it with full faith. Transubstantiation up until that point had never been questioned so there was no need for a formal ruling of a definition, it was however always a teaching of the church before then.

3. There is a difference between disciplines made by man that can be changed such as the color or style of vestments and the divnley revealed unchangeable teachings of the will and nature of the Lord concerning sacraments of the Church.

I hope that helps explain it.

(June 28, 2015 at 3:28 pm)Minimalist Wrote: And apparently 'god' didn't favor their cause as they were eventually driven out by the allah-blowers.

What does that say about "jesus?"

Poor strategist?  Bad at logistics?  A pussy?

The Crusaders got greedy and fell into the dual sins of decadence setting themselves up as Eastern Sultans and Ecumenicalism. We were not there to trade with the Muslims but to drive them out of the Holy Land. They renaged on their divine mission and pledge to the cross and were duly punished.

(June 28, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Nope Wrote: Do you read The Thinking Housewife's site?

What made you decide to visit our site?  What do you have against the Freemasons?

1. I have previously in the past but I do not today. There are several other blogs ran by traditional Catholic women I prefer. The Thinking Housewife is fine, just not my personal taste.

2. I encountered it while visiting another forum. I felt Catholicism was being demeaned and the fullness of tradition as represented by the SSPX was not represented in these many threads that had been devoted to discussing Catholicism.

3. Freemasons are the deistic enemies of Gods most Holy Catholic Church. To be a freemason is to automatically condemn oneself to hell. Several pontiffs have decried freemasons and have exposed their diabolic plots to destroy the Catholic Church. They are to be reviled and destroyed. They are one of the biggest threats on earth today. For them we can thank the abominable slaughter of infants in the womb, the peversion of the sacrament of marriage and the dilution of the teachings of the true religion in the Novus Ordo Church.

(June 28, 2015 at 4:14 pm)Nope Wrote: Do you think that Supreme Court Justices Kennedy and Sotomayor should be excommunicated or killed because they are Catholics that voted for same sex marriage?

Please do not describe them as Catholics. Catholics are forbidden to endorse or support sodomy in any way. They are apostates who have renounced the faith and have already excommunicated themselves.

(June 28, 2015 at 4:47 pm)Nope Wrote: What do you mean by, "Dealt with"? What would happen in private to the disobedient woman who refuses to cover her hair

She would be shunned and not allowed to re-enter decent society until she had repented and corrected herself of all errors.

(June 28, 2015 at 6:53 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: What, specifically, have I said that is outside the boundaries of Catholic doctrine?

Ignore the sodomite Randy, his ability to reason has been too grievously compromised. No sane mind could possible align itself with the dual abominations of communism and sodomy.
(June 28, 2015 at 1:12 pm)emjay Wrote:
(June 28, 2015 at 12:47 pm)Metis Wrote: Have to say I am a bit suprised by this SSPX/Catholic tag team though Cool

Hmm...

@Randy
Can you give us your word that you do not know PiousPaladin outside this site (be that in real life or on another site) OR that he is not a sock of you? If you give me your word, I'll believe you.

Given that everyone has been calling me a liar practically since the day I joined the forum, of what value is my word to any of you?

However, I tell you that I do not know any member of this forum in person or by means of the Internet.

If any of you are members of Catholic Answers, I do not know your handles there with the exception of Jenny_A who recently joined CA.

If I know any of you from Catholic Answers, you have not made your handle here known to me.
(June 28, 2015 at 1:30 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: MODHAT on (again):
People, please trust that the staff has the tools available to detect socks, and flinging accusations around is not appropriate. If we detect a sock, it will be dealt with appropriately.

I knew one of you would address that. Thank you.
(June 28, 2015 at 4:14 pm)Nope Wrote: Do you think that Supreme Court Justices Kennedy and Sotomayor should be excommunicated or killed because they are Catholics that voted for same sex marriage?

In other posts, anti-christers have made a big deal over Christians trying to impose their beliefs upon others through the laws of our government, etc. Here are two Catholics who applied the law and NOT their personal religious beliefs. How did THAT happen?

Regarding these two justices, if we afford equal protection under civil law and we reject discrimination against any group on the basis of those laws, then applying the law equally to all groups is reasonable.

Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and to God that which is God's.

If Caesar wants to recognize gay marriage, then Caesar may do so.

God does not.

And therein lies the problem for our nation going forward.
(June 28, 2015 at 5:02 pm)Spooky Wrote:
(June 28, 2015 at 4:10 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: If she isn't a Poe, then....I don't....why do people get like this?

I'm actually really sad now ._.

Where's a Lion when you need one?

And posters have been having a field day with the idea that Christians wanted to put heretics to death?

The double-standards are truly rampant...
(June 28, 2015 at 7:18 pm)Randy Carson Wrote:

In other posts, anti-christers have made a big deal over Christians trying to impose their beliefs upon others through the laws of our government, etc. Here are two Catholics who applied the law and NOT their personal religious beliefs. How did THAT happen?

Regarding these two justices, if we afford equal protection under civil law and we reject discrimination against any group on the basis of those laws, then applying the law equally to all groups is reasonable.

Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and to God that which is God's.

If Caesar wants to recognize gay marriage, then Caesar may do so.

God does not.

And therein lies the problem for our nation going forward.

Don't take this as a personal attack Randy but this is the kind of Novus Ordo Church of Nice lovetalk I cannot stand. This is not the teaching of the Catholic Church.

ALL THINGS belong to God. Caesar owns NOTHING. Caesar has no right to hinder the propagation and upholding of the teachings of the true religion. No state or mortal power has the right to go against the will of GOD.

They are not Catholics. They have hopped into bed with the wordly.
(June 28, 2015 at 6:21 pm)Spooky Wrote: Such a sad existence isn't it?  They come here to convert us and to scare us with hell.  And we just end up feeling sorry for them.

Honestly PiousPaladan, I want you to know, I hate your imaginary friend.  Not you.

And when I have pointed out in other posts that many atheists are angry at God, forum members have gone ballistic.

I mean, I get that you are not a homogenized group, but I do enjoy having stereotypes confirmed.

One question: how can you hate God if he does not exist?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good exists - a Catholic comments Barry 619 37548 October 30, 2023 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
Tongue Scrupulosity - a Catholic disorder ? Bucky Ball 2 379 July 27, 2023 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Catholic Church against Cesarean section Fake Messiah 24 4130 August 14, 2021 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Not] Breaking news; Catholic church still hateful Nay_Sayer 18 1660 March 17, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Catholic churches profit under COVID PPP brewer 19 1417 February 23, 2021 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Catholic Bishops statement on Biden. brewer 9 840 January 25, 2021 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Catholic priests jailed for abusing deaf children zebo-the-fat 14 2619 November 26, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  This Is Stupid Even For A Catholic School BrianSoddingBoru4 16 2266 September 5, 2019 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  The Catholic Church has a prayer app zebo-the-fat 5 669 January 21, 2019 at 11:00 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  German Catholic Priests Abused More Than 3,600 Kids Fake Messiah 17 2219 September 14, 2018 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama