Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 22, 2024, 10:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LISTEN, CHRISTIANS!
RE: LISTEN, CHRISTIANS!
(July 15, 2015 at 1:17 pm)robvalue Wrote: I just need to check:

Are we all living on the same planet? Do I need some special glasses to see all this magic stuff?

No. You're just angry at god Angel
(July 15, 2015 at 5:18 pm)Neimenovic Wrote:
(July 15, 2015 at 1:17 pm)robvalue Wrote: I just need to check:

Are we all living on the same planet? Do I need some special glasses to see all this magic stuff?

No. You're just angry at god Angel

Blind Rage?
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(July 15, 2015 at 5:17 pm)Esquilax Wrote:
(July 15, 2015 at 4:49 pm)Godschild Wrote: No need to get your dander up son, and this isn't your house nor mine it's a place of discussion and debate, opinions are a big part of that, and it's my opinion that some of the atheist here hate God, if you were to read what they say minus your bias you might see that also.

Okay... you need to stop this. All you theists who try this shit, and I've seen it twice in this very thread, need to quit using this scummy little tactic. "If you don't agree with me, there's something wrong with you," might fly in your churches, but out here we can spot it a mile off, and frankly you should be ashamed of needing to deploy such mealy mouthed nonsense. You are all better than this argument: let it go.

I don't need to stop nothing, I'll post what I see as the truth just as you do. When one of use stand up against evolution you all go off the deep end and tell us we do not understand science ( we are put down because we do not accept your beliefs). I've sat and studied with many good scientist that were given their degrees from public, state run universities. I will not accept something were scientist are caught in lies and try and indoctrinate our children with lies.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(July 15, 2015 at 4:20 pm)Godschild Wrote: Just no way to get  decent discussion out of spoiled brats.

GC

Plural tense noted.

(July 15, 2015 at 4:49 pm)Godschild Wrote: If an atheist was to admit they were mad (hate) God they would be scorned in this place, so logically if they are, they will hide it, even from themselves. Maybe you are not mad at God, but you are certainly mad at all you named above and why, you stated it, you believe you have more right to be here than those you named.   

GC

The fact is that the atheists here disagree within their own ranks moreso than the Christians do. I argue with Min about Muslim attitudes, Alex argues with Steel Curtain about rock crushers, although I'm not sure why that's important ... but you Christians conform lockstep and never argue with each other even though some are Protestant and some are Catholic, some are non-denominational and some are non-functional.

If you want to criticize others for hiding differences of opinion, perhaps you should exemplify the behavior you wish to see by calling out other Christians when they do stupid shit like defend slavery or rape.

The alternative, of course, is to understand that your silence is equivalent to your approval. "All it takes for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing." Maybe you should demonstrate your courage of conviction by arguing the point and not the position.

(July 15, 2015 at 8:43 pm)Godschild Wrote: ( we are put down because we do not accept your beliefs).

No, you're criticized because you mount stupid arguments and refuse to admit error. The fact that you cannot see the difference speaks directly to the issue under discussion.

(July 15, 2015 at 12:00 am)Randy Carson Wrote:
(July 14, 2015 at 9:46 pm)drfuzzy Wrote: Groan. <facepalm> smh   Pathetic.  But ok, let's have some more fun.

Here's one for you, Randy . . . let's see your interpretation of this verse: Luke 9, verse 27 (Jesus, speaking to the 12 and others after the loaves and fishes shindig)

"But I say to you truthfully, there are some of those standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God.”

This verse, as you well know, follows verse 26 which describes "the Son of Man returning in the glory of God", so we're not 

talking about Judean historical events 33 - 70 c.e.  People listening were going to be alive at the second coming.  So someonewalking this earth is over 2000 years old now.  And still waiting.

This is a somewhat common misinterpretation, so let's take a closer look. Here is the passage in context:

Quote:20 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?” Peter answered, “God’s Messiah.”

21 Jesus strictly warned them not to tell this to anyone. 22 And he said, “The Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.”

23 Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. 24 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it. 25 What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit their very self? 26 Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.

27 “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God.”

Luke has pulled together a number of related thoughts in this passage. In vv. 20-21, Jesus asks the disciples who they think that he is. Peter answers, "God's Messiah", and Jesus warns them not tell anyone. In v. 22, he goes on to predict his own death and describes the cost of discipleship in vv. 23-26.

THEN, in v. 27 Jesus tells the disciples that some of them will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God. But does the "kingdom of God" refer back to the previous verses? No. Jesus is referring to the birth of the Church in general (which occurred on Pentecost) as well as the destruction of Jerusalem in particular. The downfall of the city (AD 70) will mark a turning point in salvation history that signals the end of the Old Covenant kingdom and the establishment of the New Covenant.

Hope this helps.

[Image: ani_tiphat.gif]
(emphasis is mine)

Your spin is rarely helpful, except to remind us just how full of shit you are.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(July 15, 2015 at 8:43 pm)Godschild Wrote: I don't need to stop nothing, I'll post what I see as the truth just as you do. When one of use stand up against evolution you all go off the deep end and tell us we do not understand science ( we are put down because we do not accept your beliefs). I've sat and studied with many good scientist that were given their degrees from public, state run universities. I will not accept something were scientist are caught in lies and try and indoctrinate our children with lies.

GC

Yes, post what you see fit.  However, I have yet to see an ounce of truth from you except that which you dogmatically pronounce as truth yet which quite resembles fiction with nothing to back it up except your convoluted word that it must be real.  I see how you went the lie route, and it makes one as me wonder why you seemed nervous in making that comment.  Obviously, the lie can be determined through simple logic, and I sincerely doubt you have met any scientist who could vouch for your truly ignorant view of the world.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(July 15, 2015 at 4:49 pm)Godschild Wrote: Maybe you are not mad at God, but you are certainly mad at all you named above and why, you stated it, you believe you have more right to be here than those you named.   

GC

You really are fucking thick, aren't you? More right to be here than others? No. The right to my own feelings, thoughts and beliefs without you ass-hats telling me what they are? Abso-fucking-lutely. You're right about my anger toward ass-hats like you and the others I've named. Just try to remember the reason for it, if that's not too difficult for you.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(July 15, 2015 at 8:43 pm)Godschild Wrote: I don't need to stop nothing, I'll post what I see as the truth just as you do. When one of use stand up against evolution you all go off the deep end and tell us we do not understand science ( we are put down because we do not accept your beliefs). I've sat and studied with many good scientist that were given their degrees from public, state run universities. I will not accept something were scientist are caught in lies and try and indoctrinate our children with lies.

GC

Would you like to try a more extreme non-sequitur, or are you satisfied with the one you've used already?

Do let me know when you're ready to address what I actually said, rather than flying off on some inane irrelevancy though. I'm sure you're on-topic rambling will be just as entertaining and somehow even more intellectually dishonest.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Oh, and my new favorite word: twatwaffles.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 8306 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 32556 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 53109 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  The first Christians weren't Bible Christians Phatt Matt s 60 16342 March 26, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: rightcoaster
  Now Christians piss of Christians. leo-rcc 10 10033 December 11, 2010 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris