Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 2, 2024, 11:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miracle
RE: Miracle
Yes, but you pose that the science in the quran is evidence of its divine inspiration. So why not germ theory? That would be indisputably awe inspiring.
Science is true when convenient, but probably not evolution eh? That's the evil branch of science.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(July 19, 2015 at 3:36 pm)IATIA Wrote:
(July 17, 2015 at 12:34 am)Harris Wrote: Perhaps, Halocline is too technical term therefore, you may ask them whether they are aware of the natural phenomenon or not that sweet water and salt water in natural environment do not mix because there is an unseen natural barrier that keeps the two bodies of water from mixing.

I would go into the details, but obviously you have no use for real science so suffice to say that of course they mix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHn80f3lAUs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy1ATQ7KnxQ

http://physics.stackexchange.com/questio...as-not-mix
(July 19, 2015 at 3:36 pm)IATIA Wrote: I would go into the details, but obviously you have no use for real science so suffice to say that of course they mix.

http://physics.stackexchange.com/questio...as-not-mix
You can link all you want, salt water mixes with non-salt water, period, no ands, ifs, or buts about it. There are rivers of denser saltwater and levels of saltwater, but they all eventually will mix. For instance, feeding a stream of freshwater into saltwater faster than it can mix will produce a river of fresh water within the saltwater, but the freshwater will eventually slow, disperse and mix with the saltwater. There are no magical barriers.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(July 19, 2015 at 4:50 pm)IATIA Wrote: You can link all you want, salt water mixes with non-salt water, period, no ands, ifs, or buts about it.  There are rivers of denser saltwater and levels of saltwater, but they all eventually will mix.  For instance, feeding a stream of freshwater into saltwater faster than it can mix will produce a river of fresh water within the saltwater, but the freshwater will eventually slow, disperse and mix with the saltwater.  There are no magical barriers.

A picture is heavy over thousand words. Seeing is believing. In the videos and in the picture there are clear separations between the two bodies of water which you cannot create at home even for one second.
(July 19, 2015 at 4:50 pm)IATIA Wrote: You can link all you want, salt water mixes with non-salt water, period, no ands, ifs, or buts about it.  There are rivers of denser saltwater and levels of saltwater, but they all eventually will mix.  For instance, feeding a stream of freshwater into saltwater faster than it can mix will produce a river of fresh water within the saltwater, but the freshwater will eventually slow, disperse and mix with the saltwater.  There are no magical barriers.

The magical thing is that about only 5 minutes ago you were not aware of this fact, which Quran has mentioned about 1,500 years back in the middle of a desert.
Say What? I have known this since I was a kid. I went to school and learned science. Saltwater and freshwater mix.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(July 19, 2015 at 5:11 pm)IATIA Wrote: Say What?  I have known this since I was a kid.  I went to school and learned science.  Saltwater and freshwater mix.

Even Dawkins know that saltwater and fresh water mix in a glass.

But you did not know only a few moments ago that salt water and fresh water do not mix in natural environment.

“I would go into the details, but obviously you have no use for real science so suffice to say that of course they mix.”
(July 19, 2015 at 5:03 pm)Harris Wrote:

The magical thing is that about only 5 minutes ago you were not aware of this fact, which Quran has mentioned about 1,500 years back in the middle of a desert.
I wasn't aware of halocline until I read about it in a 1st-year science textbook. The textbook is a miracle!

I wasn't aware that that the Quran was written about 1500 years ago, until I read your last post.  Your post is a miracle!

I wasn't aware that my dog threw up last night until I found it on the veranda.  The veranda is a miracle!

I wasn't aware that there's a pimple on my ass until I looked in the mirror.  The mirror is a miracle!

Wow, Harris.  You've invented a fun new game.  I wouldn't be surprised if it catches on.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The miracle of the internet drfuzzy 48 6152 February 20, 2016 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: comet