Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 8:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genesis Creation vs. Darwin's Macroevolution Myth
RE: Genesis Creation vs. Darwin's Macroevolution Myth
(June 23, 2013 at 7:01 pm)popeyespappy Wrote:
(June 23, 2013 at 6:08 pm)Alter2Ego Wrote: Wait a minute, at Post 118, I was correcting Esquilax who told me that evolution is a fact. But I get the privilege of being referred to as a "maroon"? Interesting.

It is kind of hard to correct someone on an issue when you are wrong and they are right. Frankly your stance on this particular issue has gone beyond the realm of humor and entered that of the macabre. You don't understand that the meaning of the words theory and fact are dependent upon context when talking about evolution. Neither are you interested in learning why you are wrong because doing so would conflict with your dumb ass dogma. However your refusal to accept reality does not change the fact that evolution is both theory and fact.

ALTER2EGO -to- POPEYES PAPPY:
You gave me a weblink to support your assertion that evolution is not merely theory, it is also fact. Esquilax also informed me that evolution is fact. When I corrected Esquilax, I was informed at Post 126 by one of the moderators that I am a "maroon." Below is that conversation:

(June 23, 2013 at 8:47 am)Stimbo Wrote:
(June 22, 2013 at 7:32 pm)Alter2Ego Wrote: FYI: There is no such thing as "evolution fact." There is only evolution theory, and theories are merely attempts at explaining why a phenomena occurred. Or didn't you realize that?

Anyone feel like telling this maroon that theories explain how - not why - phenomena occur, that they are made up of facts and laws, and that no amount of testing will turn a theory into a fact because they are totally different things (it would be like expecting a painting of a sunset to turn into the real landscape)?

Because clearly s/he doesn't reaise that.

@ POPEYES PAPPY:
I suggest you take your argument about evolution being "fact" to Stimbo.
Unfortunately A2E I am forced by your posts on this forum to agree with the mod's assessment of you. The only difference is I would add intentionally ignorant before moron.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
Oh, I don't think such matter as exists between her ears would be up to the challenge of remediating to the smallest degree her ignorance even if intention was to be something other than ignorant.
(June 23, 2013 at 8:31 pm)popeyespappy Wrote: Unfortunately A2E I am forced by your posts on this forum to agree with the mod's assessment of you. The only difference is I would add intentionally ignorant before moron.
ALTER2EGO -to- POPEYES PAPPY:
Unfortunately, popeyespappy, when the moderator Stimbo referred to me as a "maroon," it was because Stimbo thought I was the one making the fallacious claim that evolution "theory" is fact. It turns out that Esquilax was the one making that fallacious claim about "theory" being fact and I was merely correcting Esquilax.

(June 14, 2013 at 3:24 am)Esquilax Wrote: No: because over a century of science says so. You know, that "the earth was once thought to be X, therefore science can't be trusted" argument is so flawed; once we had the ability to test it it became pretty quickly clear that a flat earth, or a geocentric universe, or whatever else was untenable.

But when we gained the ability to test evolution, multiple times over since we've developed genetic, geological and observational tests since the inception of the theory, evolution only becomes a more clear fact. We keep running tests... and those tests keep confirming that evolution is true.

In other words, the title of "maroon" was misdirected. It was intended for the person (Esquilax) who was making the claim about "theory" being a fact. Notice again what Stimbo said at Post 126. This time, keep your eyes on the words that are bolded in light blue.

(June 23, 2013 at 8:47 am)Stimbo Wrote:
(June 22, 2013 at 7:32 pm)Alter2Ego Wrote: ALTER2EGO -to- EQUILAX:

FYI: There is no such thing as "evolution fact." There is only evolution theory, and theories are merely attempts at explaining why a phenomena occurred. Or didn't you realize that?

Anyone feel like telling this maroon that theories explain how - not why - phenomena occur, that they are made up of facts and laws, and that no amount of testing will turn a theory into a fact because they are totally different things (it would be like expecting a painting of a sunset to turn into the real landscape)?

Because clearly s/he doesn't reaise that.

@ popeyespappy:
Did you see why Stimbo used to word "maroon"? It was directed at the person who argued that evolution "theory" is fact, and Stimbo thought I was the one arguing it. As you can see, I was arguing against evolution theory being fact.

Now you have also made the same fallacious claim about "theory" being "fact." According to Stimbo, a person who thinks "theory" is fact is a "maroon". You follow my drift?
Unfortunately A2E it turns out you are wrong again. Evolution is both theory and fact. Since you seem to be having such trouble comprehending that something can be both theory and fact I suggest you give Maelstrom's little experiment from post 124 a try and experience this truth for yourself.
The concept that fact is but a subset of things that have qualified as theory, and therefore all facts are theories, seems far beyond her comprehension, as is concept that mere notions, such as the filth pumped like bilge water into her hollow skull by her bible, have a long way to go just to past muster as theories before they can conceivably make progress towards candidacy as fact.
Where's the evidence that your god magicked all life into existence precisely as we know it today?

This whole tangent about theory and fact is needless diversion. Just answer the question.
Actually it is not a diversion. Her inability to understand The difference between notion, theories and facts is the reason why she thinks any notion that appeal to her must be fact.
(June 23, 2013 at 9:43 pm)Ryantology Wrote: Where's the evidence that your god magicked all life into existence precisely as we know it today?

This whole tangent about theory and fact is needless diversion. Just answer the question.

[Image: 245hv_zpsc6805789.jpg]
(June 23, 2013 at 8:20 pm)Alter2Ego Wrote: ALTER2EGO -to- POPEYES PAPPY:
You gave me a weblink to support your assertion that evolution is not merely theory, it is also fact. Esquilax also informed me that evolution is fact. When I corrected Esquilax, I was informed at Post 126 by one of the moderators that I am a "maroon." Below is that conversation:

Okay! So, the main problem you're having is that you don't understand what a scientific theory is. So, let me educate you. Now, I know wikipedia isn't a great source, but it does show that this isn't something we're just pulling out of thin air, here. It's the accepted, common definition of what a theory means in a scientific context.

The reason I can say that evolution is a fact is because... well, we've observed it happening. It's confirmed, objectively, to be true. So, it's a theory and it's a fact. In order to prove this to you, I gave you links to a number of well referenced sources, showing you a fossil record resplendent with transitional forms, a literal living example of a species evolving, and a number of experiments that show a clear evolutionary change under laboratory conditions.

That you are ignoring. Because it's inconvenient to you.

Interesting, isn't it?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darwin's Voyage on the Beagle, droll dramatization Alex K 2 846 September 17, 2016 at 9:45 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Scientific Debate: Why I assert that Darwin's theory of evolution is false Rob216 206 36938 November 10, 2014 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Darwin Proven Wrong? sswhateverlove 165 22514 September 15, 2014 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  My essay on evolution vs creation. Yahweh 11 4027 February 25, 2014 at 11:05 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Have you ever actually gone to "Answers in Genesis.com?" Boris Karloff 13 3226 February 9, 2014 at 4:41 pm
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.
  Did Darwin get it wrong? Zone 20 4674 September 19, 2013 at 9:58 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Researchers debunk myth of 'right-brain' and 'left-brain' personality traits CleanShavenJesus 11 5842 August 18, 2013 at 7:12 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Darwin Day KichigaiNeko 2 1495 February 8, 2013 at 8:25 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Evolution V Creation Zen Badger 168 65227 January 20, 2013 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Need some help refuting this creation argument... DaveSumm 25 10076 January 12, 2013 at 7:16 am
Last Post: Aractus