Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 4:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thatcher kicked the bucket.
RE: Thatcher kicked the bucket.
(April 9, 2013 at 7:05 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Spelling corrections in bold.

...and you should care; this is an English speaking forum. You should be able to write English properly. I don't think you have the statistics to back up your assertion that most people don't care. Just because I'm one of the first people to call you on it doesn't mean other people aren't thinking it.

I dont need statistics, simply the fact that not every response must be understandable enought to actualy have something like .... well .... you know: a response.

And also the fact that the number of responses critizising my spelling is very low.

Besides, you are not my english teacher, and if you think that you have a case on stoping me of posting due to language even if a user tries his best. . well you dont.

Now dont derail the thread.
(April 9, 2013 at 7:06 pm)Shell B Wrote: Good. I can call you an ugly fucking twat and you won't report me, you unibrowed piece of dog crap. Big Grin Even funnier.
Spelling error bolded and corrected! Tongue

And firefox auto-correct doesn't like the following words on this post:
- unibrowed
- bolded
- firefox

OP: so Thatcher did some ok things, did some nasty things, did some necessarily nasty things and some unnecessarily nasty things... which government in the democratic world doesn't do this?

Just did a quick check on dictionary.com... and funner is an actual word... and works pretty much the same way a funnier... I owe someone an apology => I'm sorry!

Then again, TGAC just saw your post... Tongue
Um, porker, I was saying funner. As in more fun. Thanks for the effort, though.
(April 9, 2013 at 6:51 am)The Germans are coming Wrote:
(April 8, 2013 at 11:48 pm)Polaris Wrote: Where I live, the Democrats are the ones who destroyed education by stealing from our schools. They corrected this later on by retroactively raising taxes, but still continue to steal. And the Teachers Unions lobbied to keep the status quo so they could maintain power while education was ruined...fitting that the state with the strongest Teachers Union has one of the worst education rates.

What would a Zonie know about being a liberal? Not a thing.

And which state may that be in which you live?!

California...a very abnormal state where our Democrats act more like Republicans....our best governors have been Republicans because they acted more like Democrats.

Also California is not nearly as liberal as it is portrayed to be...if it was a smaller state with the same demographics, it would be passed by.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
(April 9, 2013 at 7:16 pm)pocaracas Wrote:
(April 9, 2013 at 7:06 pm)Shell B Wrote: Good. I can call you an ugly fucking twat and you won't report me, you unibrowed piece of dog crap. Big Grin Even funnier.
Spelling error bolded and corrected! Tongue

And firefox auto-correct doesn't like the following words on this post:
- unibrowed
- bolded
- firefox

OP: so Thatcher did some ok things, did some nasty things, did some necessarily nasty things and some unnecessarily nasty things... which government in the democratic world doesn't do this?

Just did a quick check on dictionary.com... and funner is an actual word... and works pretty much the same way a funnier... I owe someone an apology => I'm sorry!

Then again, TGAC just saw your post... Tongue

You're just an all around helpful guy. Big Grin
(April 9, 2013 at 8:29 pm)Polaris Wrote: California...a very abnormal state where our Democrats act more like Republicans....our best governors have been Republicans because they acted more like Democrats.

Also California is not nearly as liberal as it is portrayed to be...if it was a smaller state with the same demographics, it would be passed by.

To be honest, I dont know anything about California nore it`s current economic and overall situation. Generaly I thought it would be well of, which might be a cliche.

To you have a link to a page explaining it`s situation?
(April 9, 2013 at 8:33 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote:
(April 9, 2013 at 8:29 pm)Polaris Wrote: California...a very abnormal state where our Democrats act more like Republicans....our best governors have been Republicans because they acted more like Democrats.

To be honest, I dont know anything about California nore it`s current economic and overall situation. Generaly I thought it would be well of, which might be a cliche.

To you have a link to a page explaining it`s situation?

California's economic troubles began under Gray Davis (he was removed from office....California went from a Clinton-like governor to well failure).

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/articl...28,00.html

http://capoliticalnews.com/2012/05/18/go...s-deficit/

http://thepeoplesrepublicofcalifornia.bl...ities.html (a right wing site I guess...takes a pot shot at my political beliefs, so I'll label it as such, but explains the issue many local cities have with him)

To be honest, I had just assumed Governor Brown was a Republican based on how much of a crooked scumbag he was...I was furious when I found out a Democrat could be such a dick.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
I'm happy with Jerry Brown.

Then again, Arnold wasn't so bad either.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
I'd like to make an entreaty for the pro and anti Thatcherites to not be too hasty in polarization.

We've got a lot of history of interacting with each other on this forum to go burning bridges.

It's not worth seething over.

The stakes are pretty low -- she's dead.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
This may sound cold, but I don't feel anything when I hear of old people dying. I mean, that's what old people do. They die. That's life.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Shocked Do you think Trump will be arrested or kicked out of the White House soon? WinterHold 32 3948 July 25, 2018 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: John V
  Mila Kunis Gets A Big Fat Bucket Of Cool Points BrianSoddingBoru4 0 492 November 3, 2017 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The WLB's Boy Gets His Ass Kicked in 'Bama Minimalist 3 750 September 26, 2017 at 11:31 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Phyllis Schafly Kicks The Bucket Minimalist 24 3071 September 7, 2016 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Trumps formal nomination kicked off with Sikh prayer CapnAwesome 0 503 July 20, 2016 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  The Time Margaret Thatcher Spanked Christopher Hitchens CapnAwesome 1 1852 April 17, 2013 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Priest Speaks Out and Gets Kicked Out Erinome 24 9357 December 20, 2011 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Jaysyn