Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 1:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blind faith and evolution
RE: Blind faith and evolution
(August 22, 2013 at 6:42 am)enrico Wrote: You try to give the royal jelly to a donkey and then let me know if it understand his value.Smile

On the other hand, you can give a person a crouton and some grape juice and they will think it's somehow magically the body and blood of Christ.

Cool Shades
[Image: earthp.jpg]
(August 22, 2013 at 11:53 am)smax Wrote:
(August 22, 2013 at 6:42 am)enrico Wrote: You try to give the royal jelly to a donkey and then let me know if it understand his value.Smile

On the other hand, you can give a person a crouton and some grape juice and they will think it's somehow magically the body and blood of Christ.

Cool Shades
The church sucks. Would it have killed them to make it doughnuts and Kool-aid?
Usually.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(August 22, 2013 at 8:14 am)gall Wrote:
(July 17, 2013 at 11:03 am)enrico Wrote: You are off track.
I am talking about the contradiction of believing in two opposite.
How can anyone believe in evolution when at the same time not believing in consciousness progress and evolution which can only come from lower form of life to higher form of life and therefore comport reincarnation.
How can you expect to get a higher form of consciousness in just a life time?
Where this higher consciousness suppose to come from?
From Santa?Thinking

Nothing you say here is valid in any way. You are using a circular reasoning to even make the above statement. That makes it validity and relevance zero.

Evolution and reincarnation do not ride in the same cart. One requires you to believe yes believe in something you cannot in any physical way prove. Evolution while probably not accurate yet requires you examine so called evidence and then draw the conclusion the major scientific community does or produce your own theory for or against or changing from both based on the current accepted evidence.

I am guessing English is not your first written language and you may just be mistyping something in your sentences. I cannot be sure but either way nothing you say here has any basis in science or theology. It is just nonsense without merit.

Evolution is not I repeat a theological doctrine of any faith based belief. It is a scientific theory that in itself is not proved 100%. It is far closer based on what empirical evidence exists than any theology I have ever seen and fits far closer to what we see even now on earth than any fable story tale myth or fantasy to make you seem less alone.

Santa Clause would never have created us or reincarnation. He is a far smarter fantasy than many I have heard and he would agree with the lack of logic in your statements.

Again.
You guys are floating in the dogma of collective evolution.
Suppose your son from primary school tell you that at the end of his first year he will become a doctor.
What would you think?
Well you as a good father will not tell him that he is mad to think in this way but rather you will explain that in order to become a doctor he will have to go through all the years of primary then higher school then uni and then one day if he is good in his studies he will become a doctor.
In the same way if you want to get high degree of consciousness you will have to go through so many reincarnation from lower form of life to higher form of life.
Jumping the queue of evolution is not possible, as simple as that.Wink Shades

(August 22, 2013 at 9:46 am)Kayenneh Wrote:
(August 22, 2013 at 9:28 am)Darwinian Wrote: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gtfo

Daaaaar, don't make it too easy on Enrico, let him use that hyper-duper-super-über consciousness of his to find the answers Tongue

I do not play chess or any other game that require too much intellect.
I just said that i am NOT an intellectual.
Why?
As everything in this finite universe is limited to use your mental energy to struggle in finite pursue involve the fact that you will not have enough energy for your spiritual pursue.
Not that i am not interested in finite pursue as i have to live in a finite environment but i try my best not to waste my valuable energy in something that is not important.
Considering also that it turned up that this GTFO is nothing more then the usual swearing then i am glad i did not spend my time in search of it.Smile

(August 22, 2013 at 11:53 am)smax Wrote:

Cool Shades

The same thing can be said for all kind of dogmas like believing that collective evolution gave you a human body.Smile
(August 23, 2013 at 5:00 am)enrico Wrote: Again.
You guys are floating in the dogma of collective evolution.

What the hell is collective evolution? Is this something you or another theist made up? Cause I have never heard of this before.
I suggest you go back to school and learn what real evolution is
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
What in the name of fuck is "collective evolution"?
He's making shit up again. Just like all the other theist assholes that come here. I wonder if he'll go away when we all start ignoring him?
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
(August 23, 2013 at 10:21 am)NoraBrimstone Wrote: What in the name of fuck is "collective evolution"?

I suppose he's talking about the evolution of species, as opposed to the personal spiritual evolution that he believes in.
(August 23, 2013 at 5:00 am)enrico Wrote: The same thing can be said for all kind of dogmas like believing that collective evolution gave you a human body.Smile

Yeah, because dust is the much more likely reason, right?
[Image: earthp.jpg]
(August 23, 2013 at 7:11 am)Rationalman Wrote: What the hell is collective evolution? Is this something you or another theist made up? Cause I have never heard of this before.

Eh, don't be silly.
You created this collective evolution as a dogma and now you don't even know what it is?
By the way you got something in common with religious people.
Both of you believe that is not necessary to evolve as INDIVIDUAL in lower form of life first and step by step reach human life.
Religious people believe that God create man (women) just like that without passing through the process of reincarnation and you also believe that human evolve as a collective form of evolutionary development deny individual development through reincarnation.
This sort of thinking goes against any logic as it is not explaining why some people born with problem while other born in a positive environment, why some born healthy while other born sick, why some are prone to do the wrong thing while other tend to do the right thing and so on.
As religious people you got blind faith in this dogma that does't make any sense and is illogical.

Quote:I suggest you go back to school and learn what real evolution is

ROFLOL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Plato's Epistemology: Is Faith a Valid Way to Know? vulcanlogician 10 1463 July 2, 2018 at 2:59 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Symbolic Death and My Second Crisis of Faith InquiringMind 13 2713 September 21, 2016 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: InquiringMind
  Faith and achievement bennyboy 76 8452 August 17, 2016 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Faith in Science? Mudhammam 15 3323 October 30, 2014 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: TreeSapNest
  Our society values blind optimism. MusicLovingAtheist 27 5778 October 22, 2014 at 10:38 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Is Evolution a science or a faith? Harris 295 65683 August 18, 2014 at 2:21 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  My Loss of faith has caused severe depression Aran 31 7171 June 21, 2013 at 2:41 am
Last Post: whatever76
  The difference between ethical atheism and nihlism is that ethical atheists have more faith jstrodel 104 37099 March 15, 2013 at 8:37 am
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01
  Please stop equating 'belief' and 'faith' Ryft 3 1978 January 4, 2011 at 10:36 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Faith in Humanity Violet 21 15909 March 17, 2010 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Violet