Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 1:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which forum members would you like to meet?
RE: Which forum members would you like to meet?
(July 24, 2013 at 2:24 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(July 24, 2013 at 2:19 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Shhh...that's a staff secret. Smile

Not any longer....

Big Grin

It's ok, I didn't say it out loud.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Quote:Which forum members would you like to meet?

Whichever ones would put out.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
(July 24, 2013 at 5:28 pm)Rahul Wrote: Whichever ones would put out.
[Image: 1943153_1314743592126.18res_500_281.jpg]
(July 23, 2013 at 8:38 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: NEVER on a chook-chaser! Missluckie

We DO have some dignity
I'll bite. WtF is a chook chaser?!?!?!?!!!!
And who says we have dignity? I like my rightful place on my knees thanksWink

Also. Now I want to meet Napoleon and Badwritersparty. And I caNnot beliEve I left out ShellB! Must be because shes
assumed invited
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(July 24, 2013 at 12:16 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote:
(July 24, 2013 at 11:29 am)c172 Wrote: When I was a regular over on .com, rexbeccarox and some others of us in San Diego and Orange Counties were trying pretty hard to organize a get together at a local restaurant, but that eventually fizzled. I agree with whateverist that cocktail convos can get a bit tedious or awkward or whatever.

If I knew some definite soccer fans, then I'd get together at a pub with them, like I used to do in Pittsburgh, PA, and watch some MLS or EPL or USNT.That way, when conversation dies out, we don't need to stare at one another awkwardly.

C172- do you remember you were thinking about taking the train up to Cbad to my shop?

Oh, yes. I even called one time. That was around the time a few of us wanted to get together at at some local NC restaurant. Not sure what exactly I called about.

I never realized there were any get togethers. Seems like that one in particular fizzled. Or maybe I'm just more comfortable with bigger crowds (5 or more).
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Our first get-together was, like i said, about 4 1/2 years ago, but then we got together at various times, like when I had the Grand Opening party at my shop... then, of course, Lou and I were practically living together by the time we broke up. David Lives up in LA and comes down every once in awhile.

i remember you calling... I think you wanted to know what Coaster stop to get off.
(July 24, 2013 at 12:17 pm)Faith No More Wrote: There are too many people on here that I would like to meet to list, but if I had to whittle it down to the two I would most like to sit down and have a beer with, it would be Stimbo and CD. For some reason I think I would get along with them the best.

Yeah I imagine we'd have a lot to talk about over beers and fish tacos. I know how you love your fish tacos. Big Grin
(July 25, 2013 at 5:12 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: Our first get-together was, like i said, about 4 1/2 years ago, but then we got together at various times, like when I had the Grand Opening party at my shop... then, of course, Lou and I were practically living together by the time we broke up. David Lives up in LA and comes down every once in awhile.

i remember you calling... I think you wanted to know what Coaster stop to get off.

That's right, because Cbad (or was it Enc?) has two. I don't know NC too well except for DM, where my parents live, and Oceanside, where one can transfer from Coaster to Metrolink, or even to RTA buses now.

I have ideas of who I'd want to meet, but I don't want to play faves in public on here. Big Grin
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Yep! Cbad.
(July 25, 2013 at 5:35 am)missluckie26 Wrote:
(July 23, 2013 at 8:38 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: NEVER on a chook-chaser! Missluckie

We DO have some dignity
I'll bite. WtF is a chook chaser?!?!?!?!!!!
And who says we have dignity? I like my rightful place on my knees thanksWink

A "Chook-Chaser" is an off road motorbike ( like the one you posted)

We ride "On Road" motorbikes...... Much more stylish Tongue
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you still cook if you diddn't have to? Angrboda 41 2322 October 30, 2023 at 3:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Which do you want to go? Foxaèr 13 875 October 18, 2023 at 10:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Which famous clone would you adopt? Fake Messiah 10 981 January 24, 2023 at 7:49 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Which TV game show would you win? Fake Messiah 6 883 January 18, 2023 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Happy Birthday to all the members who were "born" today! Jehanne 7 764 January 4, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Which is worse? Foxaèr 13 685 February 23, 2022 at 8:59 am
Last Post: brewer
  Which one is the correct phrase? brewer 20 2004 September 21, 2021 at 7:20 am
  Which ancient thread of mine should I necro? Foxaèr 11 645 August 25, 2021 at 7:15 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Where would you go if you could? Brian37 24 2159 August 18, 2021 at 6:56 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  What would you like to do in 2021? arewethereyet 42 4626 April 13, 2021 at 1:48 pm