Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:56 am

Poll: Which do you want to go?
This poll is closed.
Mental faculties
0%
0 0%
Bodily continence (no control over voiding of waste)
20.00%
1 20.00%
I want to die dangerously and lose both
80.00%
4 80.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which do you want to go?
Which do you want to go?
Do you want to lose your mental faculties or your bodily continence?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Which do you want to go?
Neither but if it's a choice I would rather not be aware of what's going on if my body goes completely kaput.

It would bother me to be like dad, who lost most of his physical abilities and was acutely aware of it.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

I can get over losing control of my body. If I don't have control of my mind, I'm truly lost.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I’d like to lose both at the same time. That way, I could get a pass for voiding my bowels in public:

‘That guy just took a shit on the salad bar!’

‘Leave him alone - poor fella lost his mind.’

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 17, 2023 at 12:05 pm)Foxaèr Wrote: Do you want to lose your mental faculties or your bodily continence?

Too late.
I'm going to pretend I lost the one long before I lose the other (or the one - and fwiw, uc and crohns runs in the family, so I don't even worry about shitting myself, I assume it's going to happen). The Wife's family tells a story about their lifelong super decent pater familias losing his mind and ending up getting snatched by the cops propositioning hookers on main from his riding lawnmower. I like to think he did that for fun before he lost his mind - but after he could play the fool in court. Man got put in the ground with 17 girlfirends sobbing over his grave.

Epic...fucking...win.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Hopefully both at the same time as metabolic functions stops.
I don't care which goes first so long as I'm reasonably content.

It's hard to imagine being content while shitting/pissing myself, especially considering all of the other skin disorders and pain associated with it.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
If I lose my metal facilities I could be a burden or danger to others whereas I grew up on a farm and know how to deal with waste.
<insert profound quote here>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do people just naturally want conflict Ahriman 113 3766 September 26, 2023 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Which famous clone would you adopt? Fake Messiah 10 950 January 24, 2023 at 7:49 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Which TV game show would you win? Fake Messiah 6 842 January 18, 2023 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Which is worse? Foxaèr 13 625 February 23, 2022 at 8:59 am
Last Post: brewer
  Which one is the correct phrase? brewer 20 1911 September 21, 2021 at 7:20 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Which ancient thread of mine should I necro? Foxaèr 11 600 August 25, 2021 at 7:15 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Why does everyone want to advertise in their signature? Foxaèr 2 343 September 14, 2020 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Already want to change my name again Foxaèr 14 808 July 12, 2020 at 1:24 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Which console zo buy a 12-year-old kid? franzis 20 2432 February 23, 2020 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
Wink Want to read about my mom?? Clueless Morgan 2 652 April 5, 2019 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: brewer