Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 30, 2024, 1:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.15 Average
What's everyone up to right now?
RE: What's everyone up to right now?
(May 25, 2017 at 12:15 am)J a c k Wrote: Just finished arguing with a five year old about the importance of saying "please". He refused over and over again. He decided to say "porfavor" instead. #cantwin

Why!!??

"Because I pay your pocket money/feed you/give you a place to live/will hurt you if you don't."

That last isn't recommended but works with interns...
Dying to live, living to die.
Survivor.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(May 24, 2017 at 4:37 am)Alex K Wrote: Wondering what to think of this ingenious viral commercial by a German grocery chain, showing the recital of a dramatic poem invoking the manly primal instincts of hunting for meat and grilling it, contrasting it with the "neutered" politically correct vegetarian bbq-ing that is supposedly going on in today's German suburbia which in the final scene is invaded by all the meat-loving history. Especially as a vegetarian, I find it very effective and daring, especially since in this day and  age, celebrating manly man's meat-gobbling manliness is not exactly en vogue. I LOLd, although the meter is not always perfect, nor the lip-synching by the otherwise impressive British actor.

You're a vegetarian?
Finally, I've found something wrong with you.
You're not perfect after all. :-)
lurking
Writing a tutorial on analytical mechanics for first year students...

While sitting on the balcony in the sun with a glass of red wine and a cigar.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Fuck it, I have 4 weeks of semi-freedom left before presumably my life gets eaten whole by two adorable parasites, so I need to take what I can get.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

(May 25, 2017 at 3:40 am)Little lunch Wrote: You're a vegetarian?
Finally, I've found something wrong with you.
You're not perfect after all. :-)

That, my almost pathological penchant for procrastination of unpleasant duties, and the 20 pounds I really need to lose.

Just heard on the ABC today that gays who marry (in NZ at least) cannot divorce! The divorce process does not exist for gays.
So what do you do if you catch your partner munching the neighbour's pillow? (I mean that in the most endearing way, of course)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(May 25, 2017 at 8:17 am)ignoramus Wrote: Just heard on the ABC today that gays who marry (in NZ at least) cannot divorce! The divorce process does not exist for gays.
So what do you do if you catch your partner munching the neighbour's pillow?   (I mean that in the most endearing way, of course)

I've never understood why cheating has to lead to divorce. There are much better reasons for it.

Red beans and rice with Golden Mountain oriental seasoning sauce. Now, onto coffee.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Are You Wearing Right Now? BrianSoddingBoru4 59 1033 21 minutes ago
Last Post: Angrboda
  How You're "Feeling" Right Now (img mode) Foxaèr 9 1258 May 19, 2021 at 9:36 am
Last Post: Fireball