Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 5:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists condone and condemn rape
RE: Atheists condone and condemn rape
(December 8, 2013 at 6:57 pm)NoraBrimstone Wrote: A child and a foetus are different. A child has already been born and knows it's alive.

(December 8, 2013 at 6:55 pm)NoraBrimstone Wrote:
(December 8, 2013 at 6:48 pm)Duck Wrote: Sorry, getting high and making a shit decision is a good excuse to kill a viable human being?
Nope. Not wanting a baby is sufficient...

Thinking

Why do you have to decide whether you want the baby BEFORE they are born? Whats the difference between throwing an unwanted newborn baby in the trash and throwing an unborn baby in the trash?

Holding a human baby in your arms or holding him in your womb. Whats the difference?

Please dont drop the baby...especially on purpose

[Image: article-1143876-037F5890000005DC-118_468x496.jpg]
(December 8, 2013 at 10:23 pm)Lion IRC Wrote:
(December 8, 2013 at 6:57 pm)NoraBrimstone Wrote: A child and a foetus are different. A child has already been born and knows it's alive.

(December 8, 2013 at 6:55 pm)NoraBrimstone Wrote: Nope. Not wanting a baby is sufficient...

Thinking

Why do you have to decide whether you want the baby BEFORE they are born? Whats the difference between throwing an unwanted newborn baby in the trash and throwing an unborn baby in the trash?
One is dependant on its mother's body, you nitwit.
(December 8, 2013 at 10:23 pm)Lion IRC Wrote: Holding a human baby in your arms or holding him in your womb. Whats the difference?

If a baby is in your arms, you can safely put the baby down without any harm to anyone. If a baby is in your uterus, you can't really put it down except with an abortion.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(December 8, 2013 at 10:23 pm)Lion IRC Wrote: Whats the difference between throwing an unwanted newborn baby in the trash and throwing an unborn baby in the trash?

The prefix to the word "born" and the point at which the foetus is considered a baby. Basically the guts of your argument.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I don't mind a woman arguing against abortion. But whenever a man does it just comes off as: I put that sperm in there and by god there'll be a baby coming out. It's my property rights goddammit.
(December 8, 2013 at 11:04 pm)whateverist Wrote: I don't mind a woman arguing against abortion. But whenever a man does it just comes off as: I put that sperm in there and by god there'll be a baby coming out. It's my property rights goddammit.

So women can use the exact same arguments against abortion as men and thats OK but if a man uses the same reasoning thats NOT OK. Confused Fall

Do we really want to apply that sexist discrimination across the board with men and women being told that they are only entitled to a democratic vote on selective morality issues?

Did you know that the Roe vs Wade Supreme Court judges who legalized abortion were all men.
Y'know, if we could all throw a big effort behind excellent birth control free for everybody, we could seriously reduce abortions, which everybody wants.

Lion, what bugs me most about the usual anti-choice position is not that's it's against abortion. It's that they (you?) are also against doing all the things it would take to reduce the number of abortions, a thing which is totally possible in this day and age. When I continually see condemnation of and misinformation about birth control coming from the same camp that wants to criminalize abortion, it makes me want to go to war.
(December 8, 2013 at 11:58 pm)Zazzy Wrote: Y'know, if we could all throw a big effort behind excellent birth control free for everybody, we could seriously reduce abortions, which everybody wants.

Abortion IS birth control. You are still taking away something many people regard as their "right"
It is within the woman's body that the parasite grows, and thus the choice is hers alone to make.

When men can become pregnant, then they too can make the decision for themselves whether they want to keep or abort.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
If a womans reproductive choices are hers alone and nothing to do with men, how come I have to pay taxes to support unmarried moms?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dutch woman convicted of having sex outside marriage after rape zebo-the-fat 48 7960 June 15, 2016 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Rape in Germany mr_j936 101 12872 January 18, 2016 at 6:56 am
Last Post: mr_j936