Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
RE: The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
(October 25, 2016 at 9:46 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Suddenly I feel like Smashing...
You always look smashing.  Worship Worship Heart
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(October 25, 2016 at 7:35 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: Nobody said 'hate' though. I just said we, or at least a large part of this board, dislike him and I think that's a safe assumption to make after his performance in that thread towards members of this forum who have went through horrendous ordeals.

I said I hate him. I stand by that. If that makes me lesser of a person, so be it. I will gladly own that.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(October 26, 2016 at 11:01 am)Nymphadora Wrote:
(October 25, 2016 at 7:35 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: Nobody said 'hate' though. I just said we, or at least a large part of this board, dislike him and I think that's a safe assumption to make after his performance in that thread towards members of this forum who have went through horrendous ordeals.

I said I hate him. I stand by that. If that makes me lesser of a person, so be it. I will gladly own that.

I don't think any less of you for it.
I'm the smartest person in the room at least twice a day, usually after I've had coffee.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I'm the smartest person in the room every night.

TT_TT
(October 26, 2016 at 11:04 am)Bella Morte Wrote:
(October 26, 2016 at 11:01 am)Nymphadora Wrote: I said I hate him. I stand by that. If that makes me lesser of a person, so be it. I will gladly own that.

I don't think any less of you for it.

Me either. I don't think any less of Nym for hating him at all.

I don't think anyone should feel guilty for feeling feelings. When you feel bad about having other feelings that creates a real mess. I don't think feelings should attach themselves to other feelings, ideally, I think it's unhealthy--I think instead feelings should attach themselves, ideally, to reality and people and events--but of course if feelings do attach themselves to other feelings, it's healthy to not feel guilty about that either [emoji2] [emoji106]

Talking about feelings oneself has about oneself's other feelings of course. Feelings about other people's feelings is absolutely fine: that's empathetic!
(October 26, 2016 at 11:15 am)Vic Wrote: I'm the smartest person in the room every night.

TT_TT

Every night and every day for me.

I live alone [emoji22]
I am never the smartest person in the room. Unless we're talking common sense. It's those times when people's gardens of common sense are bare, that I have to think for them.

And really, I'm not getting paid to do that. Thinking for others is hard work.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(October 25, 2016 at 9:22 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: your prize, should you wish to accept it . . .

True LOL moment for me, with this one ...

(October 26, 2016 at 11:01 am)Nymphadora Wrote:
(October 25, 2016 at 7:35 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: Nobody said 'hate' though. I just said we, or at least a large part of this board, dislike him and I think that's a safe assumption to make after his performance in that thread towards members of this forum who have went through horrendous ordeals.

Anger and hatred are an undeniable part of human nature, so no, I don't think any less of you for feeling that way... to each their own [ways of dealing with the world]. You have your way and I have my way so it makes no difference to me... I love you just the way you are Heart

But nonetheless, my way is different; I don't like being in anger, regardless of how justified it feels... I don't like how it makes me feel or behave, or all the stuff that it leads to... hate, blame, grudges etc. I don't want to spend my life in those states because they are unpleasant. So though I can get caught up in it just as much as anyone else, because it's human nature, as soon as I become aware of it, I try for my own sake just as much as anyone else's, to detach from it... to no longer feed it, even if it would be satisfying to do so. To step back from it and understand it and the situation as a whole, as objectively as possible. So as much as I've had grudges in the past, and wanted to and imagined getting even, I don't do that any more, ever since I realised that it was a short-term buzz that only served to keep anger, blame, and hate alive in the long term. A case of giving up a short term high for the sake of the greater good, and I've never regretted that decision... whatever shit's going on in my life I feel much more peaceful as a result. But this is just me... as I said, to each their own Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10171 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4144 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) Edwardo Piet 93 10232 December 12, 2016 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Please Explain to a Newly Inducted "Old Fart" thesummerqueen 44 13417 November 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Cinjin