Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
RE: The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
I'm so glad that you and Esq worked things out, Luckie Smile
Where has Clueless Morgan been??
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(December 2, 2016 at 2:46 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Where has Clueless Morgan been??

I was starting to wonder if anyone else noticed... Clap
I'm sure work has been keeping her busy.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(December 2, 2016 at 2:54 pm)pocaracas Wrote:
(December 2, 2016 at 2:46 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Where has Clueless Morgan been??

I was starting to wonder if anyone else noticed...  Clap

I noticed a long while ago. 

Where is she?
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(December 2, 2016 at 4:40 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(December 2, 2016 at 2:54 pm)pocaracas Wrote: I was starting to wonder if anyone else noticed...  Clap

I noticed a long while ago. 

Where is she?

Last I heard (August), working her ass off and studying for a battery of tests for her AIA membership.
(November 28, 2016 at 2:01 am)Luckie Wrote: The elephant in the room

So.. Not to bring up unpleasant things nor do I owe any explanations, but I did say I was leaving for good and now I'm back again. It's confusing to me too, although I did miss you all so much I've quite enjoyed my homecoming! I left Riiighhhhhttt around the time I posted a very controversial reply to my husband in open AFSkype room during a very pivotal moment in our marriage! Too many people got too much information, with that, and not all of it was accurate I admit.
But what are we all, if not friends by now after all these years of forming side by side? Sometimes friends tend to get to know their friends more closely than acquaintances--and, by proxy, their dirty laundry as well!

For those of you who know what I'm talking about, yes I was on anesthetics and morphine for a reconfiguration of my innerds and I had a 6in incision among others, in my abdomen. Needless to say, it was not the best time to make life altering decisions. Yes, I regret those decisions, and no I didn't plan it, it just happened naturally on a progressive timeline of life sequences and unveilings. In short, I thought my husband was crazy and he thought the same about me; it was a very fucked up time in our marriage and we both did things we are both sorry for. Mainly we suffered from lack of proper communication! Funny to think about-- considering we lived together, but it happened. I saw zero chance of reconciliation in that situation--I believed wholeheartedly what i said. I regret shutting down communication completely, that was on me. But, looking back, I don't know if we could've or would've reconciled had we not separated. I do know that I wanted a separation, and that's my right to ask for. It's just that we were separated by an ocean instead of two separate residences. There wasn't really any alternative.

We are still together. Throughout and despite all of that, he still loves me and I still love him. We have some marital counseling to do, sure, and personal issues we are working on, but hey we have never been married before, you know? We have chosen to be there for each other as we pick ourselves back up from what had been, a failure on both our parts. Hard lessons were learned, and new lessons we are now learning, together.

That's really all I have to say other than sorry you all got wind of dirty laundry in your sails!

When people you like say they're going but then don't, you tend to me more happy than anything else.  I'd like to declare a general amnesty for every witty and wonderful person who ever posted here, said they were leaving but then changed their mind.  You Lucky (or is it Losty  Big Grin) qualify for amnesty plus a welcome home parade.
(December 2, 2016 at 4:43 pm)pocaracas Wrote:
(December 2, 2016 at 4:40 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I noticed a long while ago. 

Where is she?

Last I heard (August), working her ass off and studying for a battery of tests for her AIA membership.

She's probably enjoying that bottle of nail polish I sent her home with after I gave her a manicure Smile

I really wish we had been able to spend more time together.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
This phenomenon, that we let people we like get away with the same stuff we spit on and demonize undesirables for, is a part of the normal psychological condition, widely encountered and well accounted for in the relevant circles, I presume. 

Nothing new under the sun. Hypocrisy itself tends to be more forgiven and even admired the more unabashed it is. 

What I wonder is, who does this negatively impact more in the end, the undesirable or the ass-kisser himself?
Are you referring to anyone in particular, EP?

-walsh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10190 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4173 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) Edwardo Piet 93 10236 December 12, 2016 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Please Explain to a Newly Inducted "Old Fart" thesummerqueen 44 13463 November 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Cinjin