Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
RE: The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
(December 3, 2016 at 9:19 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: I just got done talking to CM and with her permission, I am giving you all an update.

She's been really busy with work. She currently has bronchitis. She's off to dinner right now. Once work settles down, she hopes to return to the forum.

Don't tell me Clueless Morgan has been away all this time because of that turd.  Finally I'll have someone to talk Survivor with and, you know, other such high falutin' subjects.
(December 3, 2016 at 9:44 pm)Whateverist Wrote:
(December 3, 2016 at 9:19 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: I just got done talking to CM and with her permission, I am giving you all an update.

She's been really busy with work. She currently has bronchitis. She's off to dinner right now. Once work settles down, she hopes to return to the forum.

Don't tell me Clueless Morgan has been away all this time because of that turd.  Finally I'll have someone to talk Survivor with and, you know, other such high falutin' subjects.

No.... just that she's been really busy with work.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Well good. I don't really need any additional reasons to be mad at the turd. Moving on now. Nothing more to see here.

Hmmm, that's odd because he seemed like he was fitting in the last time I was on here. It's always amazed me that there are people who have a hard time NOT getting banned from forums. lol
(December 3, 2016 at 9:20 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(December 3, 2016 at 9:16 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: What rules did EP break that got him banned? What does it mean to "blank" your own post?

He wrote some lengthy posts, people responded to them, then he went back and replaced his posts with the word "snip".

Its against the rules because it disrupts the flow of the discussion. Editing posts is a privilege reserved for correcting errors, not removing what you've said.

Ah, I understand now. Thanks!
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(December 3, 2016 at 10:51 pm)*Deidre* Wrote: Hmmm, that's odd because he seemed like he was fitting in the last time I was on here. It's always amazed me that there are people who have a hard time NOT getting banned from forums. lol

He is just easier to tolerate from afar.  Now we can all enjoy that advantage.
(December 4, 2016 at 12:12 pm)Whateverist Wrote: He is just easier to tolerate from afar.  Now we can all enjoy that advantage.

But for how long?

[Image: frog_puppet.jpg]
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(December 4, 2016 at 12:40 pm)Tonus Wrote:
(December 4, 2016 at 12:12 pm)Whateverist Wrote: He is just easier to tolerate from afar.  Now we can all enjoy that advantage.

But for how long?

[Image: frog_puppet.jpg]

Not on my watch.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
I let my feelings get hurt so easily. I feel so pathetic. I feel close to my friends quite quickly.

In other news, I miss Gemini. A lot. I hope she's doing okay.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10176 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4151 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) Edwardo Piet 93 10232 December 12, 2016 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Please Explain to a Newly Inducted "Old Fart" thesummerqueen 44 13425 November 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Cinjin