Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
RE: The Newly Departed thread: announcements
(March 28, 2015 at 3:08 am)rexbeccarox Wrote: Staff has seen every interaction I've had with Drich. I made sure of it. I post all of my PMs in-thread of the reported posts.

Ugh again. Just to the whole thing, not you personally. I don't know why it's "me of all people" but I don't believe the staff as a whole enforces rules fairly here. Not you personally. You just happened to be the one sending the message. I don't think even a "friendly reminder" was appropriate for something that didn't violate the rules. And so it wasn't the only thing, then it shouldn't have been included, in my honestly not so valuable opinion. Of course I'm not privy to all the facts. I didn't want to be privy to any of them. So thanks to Drich for ruining my day and making me annoyed about things that I shouldn't give a shit about. The thing is, I pay attention, I make reports you know that. I see how people who are new are treated differently than people who have been here for a long time and people who are well liked get way more leniency than those who are disliked. It's whatever. Drich deserved to be banned. He was IMO well past his "ban by" date. But if his post to Robvalue was included in his friendly reminder then everyone who posted similar things toward him should have also gotten friendly reminders about rules they weren't actually violating.

"Losty, you know I think you're the bees knees, but you're flat out wrong on this issue."
Meh...I'm wrong a lot. People disagree with me a lot. I don't think I'm wrong about this but it doesn't really matter. I should have posted the message I got so you could see exactly what I was agreeing with, but I don't like posting PMs publicly.
I'm tired and feeling like an asshole and I'm glad Drich finally got banned. I just...that's not what I was disagreeing with.

And Rexbeccarox, I'm sorry. I'll just shut up now. Heart
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Weird though this is, I want to give Drich credit for finally apologising and owning something he has said. I didn't think I'd see the day. It was almost like I was talking to a different person at that point. Certainly not the sort of person who would bombard the staff with reports in a hissy fit. If we could see more of that calmer, reasonable Drich, things would be so different.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
@Losty, you've obviously never been a member of the other AF. The mods there would bully us for questing them at all.
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal
...what did I just sleep through?
(March 28, 2015 at 3:38 am)Losty Wrote:
(March 28, 2015 at 3:08 am)rexbeccarox Wrote: Staff has seen every interaction I've had with Drich. I made sure of it. I post all of my PMs in-thread of the reported posts.

Ugh again. Just to the whole thing, not you personally. I don't know why it's "me of all people" but I don't believe the staff as a whole enforces rules fairly here. Not you personally. You just happened to be the one sending the message. I don't think even a "friendly reminder" was appropriate for something that didn't violate the rules. And so it wasn't the only thing, then it shouldn't have been included, in my honestly not so valuable opinion. Of course I'm not privy to all the facts. I didn't want to be privy to any of them. So thanks to Drich for ruining my day and making me annoyed about things that I shouldn't give a shit about. The thing is, I pay attention, I make reports you know that. I see how people who are new are treated differently than people who have been here for a long time and people who are well liked get way more leniency than those who are disliked. It's whatever. Drich deserved to be banned. He was IMO well past his "ban by" date. But if his post to Robvalue was included in his friendly reminder then everyone who posted similar things toward him should have also gotten friendly reminders about rules they weren't actually violating.

"Losty, you know I think you're the bees knees, but you're flat out wrong on this issue."
Meh...I'm wrong a lot. People disagree with me a lot. I don't think I'm wrong about this but it doesn't really matter. I should have posted the message I got so you could see exactly what I was agreeing with, but I don't like posting PMs publicly.
I'm tired and feeling like an asshole and I'm glad Drich finally got banned. I just...that's not what I was disagreeing with.

And Rexbeccarox, I'm sorry. I'll just shut up now. Heart

Yep. You should shut up... Sorry, but you should. You have no idea what's going on behind the scenes, except for what Drich has shown you. Love you too, but you have no idea.
I just want to say two things and then I wash my hands of it.

First: as per standard practice, given my level of personal investment in this issue re accusations of racism, I opted to abstain from the decision-making process and subsequent vote. I completely endorse the final decision, however, and applaud the Staff for their patience.

Second: I have reviewed all the PM exchanges in this matter. Fortunately it only took a modicum of my Admin powers, as Drich forwarded to me the same message that he sent to Losty. The rest were essentially inconsequential and added no new information to which the Staff were not already privy.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(June 15, 1970 at 1:21 am)Losty Wrote: And Rexbeccarox, I'm sorry. I'll just shut up now. Heart

If only you knew how deeply injust and ignorant your whole post was, you would be really sorry, not throwing false accusations based on ignorance and saying you are sorry on the same fucking post.

You are right of course. Some users have more benefits than others. It is only logical to have more leniancy towards older members, that is why Drich was given a vacation of just 2 weeks.

As to more liked members, how much are you willing to sacrifice in your quest for perfect justice? Thinking
AWw... come-on, guys...
Give it a rest.
Things happened and got dealt with as best we could.... some are still being dealt with.
No one likes banning an older member that we've grown to like.
There's no need for any animosity among everyone else. In 2 weeks, Drich will be back.. if he so wishes... and life goes on.
Exactly. It's not like we killed him. He's just taking time out on the naughty step.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(March 28, 2015 at 12:53 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Exactly. It's not like we killed him. He's just taking time out on the naughty step.

He isn't staying on the naughty step...he's terrorizing other neighborhoods. Wink

But when that two weeks is up - he's all yours again!

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10178 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4156 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) Edwardo Piet 93 10232 December 12, 2016 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Please Explain to a Newly Inducted "Old Fart" thesummerqueen 44 13433 November 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Cinjin