Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 30, 2024, 12:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
RE: The Newly Departed thread: announcements
Hiya Ian good to see you Smile

Thanks very much Kitty, Steel and Tonus for your kind words and support. It means an awful lot to me. It's ironic that after such degrading allegations against my character, I feel more loved than before! It's about the exact opposite to when I was at school and one jerk would start bullying me and loads of other people just joined in because I was lacking in confidence and no one wanted to stick up for me.

Yeah man... clearly Drich translated what I said into something absolute bizarre and barely related to my actual words, then couldn't admit even to himself that he had read too much into it. If he'd just read what I said again and said, "Yeah, sorry, I read that a bit wrong!" it would have been all over and done with. Instead he invents a whole backstory to the event and then can't seem to let go of it. As usual with theists the only question is if it's deliberate dishonesty or an inability to even recognize their own dishonesty anymore.

Like you said Tonus, I was asking what happened to her as in why she hadn't been active for so long. The words "whereabouts" and "schoolgirl" appear nowhere in what I said, but yet Drich kept repeating these as if that is exactly what I had said. I strongly suspect he has some form of dyslexia causing him to misread things, and it would explain the spelling. There's no shame in that, but stubbornly refusing to admit to a mistake ever is a very serious character flaw. It's not something to be proud of.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(March 30, 2015 at 12:03 pm)IanHulett Wrote:
(October 10, 2014 at 10:08 am)Ben Davis Wrote: Losty, quit level = Ric Flair

[Image: woooo.jpg]
Losty lost it.

Lol that was only secret code for "I love Luckie".

I forgot all about that post.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(March 30, 2015 at 12:09 pm)robvalue Wrote: Yeah man... clearly Drich translated what I said into something absolute bizarre and barely related to my actual words, then couldn't admit even to himself that he had read too much into it.

You're sweet Rob, maybe a bit naive. I don't think Drich was reading too much into what you said. He was just being a jerk for the sake of being a jerk.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
He was being a jerk because it is all he knows.
(March 30, 2015 at 12:32 pm)Losty Wrote:
(March 30, 2015 at 12:09 pm)robvalue Wrote: Yeah man... clearly Drich translated what I said into something absolute bizarre and barely related to my actual words, then couldn't admit even to himself that he had read too much into it.

You're sweet Rob, maybe a bit naive. I don't think Drich was reading too much into what you said. He was just being a jerk for the sake of being a jerk.

Would kudos.
Apparently a lot of shit went down while I was sick over the weekend. Can't say I'm surprised, though. Drich must have stopped developing emotionally at age 13, so something like this was inevitable.

I would like to thank the staff, however, because I have first hand knowledge of just how infuriating dealing with this stuff can be. You are our bullshit buffers, and I appreciate it.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
The fact that he managed to call us his online family and then go and smear shit all over some of our memebers' good names on TTA within such a short period of time just speaks volumes about his personality. It's kind of sad, actually.
It is very sad Sad I'm not even angry at him for what he said about me, but I am pissed with him for causing the staff so much needless trouble.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Yeah, I was laughing at TTA. Did he honestly thought we went to TTA just because of him? He missed the the memo of the Divine Tiberius.
The scary part is, he seems deluded enough to think that.

Oh, well, at least he didn't unearth our master plan which involved registering at TTA last year, introducing Roxy to the forum, her disappearing, Rob asking about it, foreseeing the report button rape, banning Drich, telepathically making him go on TTA, following him there and him getting banned from there as well. I'm really impressed you could squeeze that all on such a small piece of paper, but I'm glad I got the memo.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10274 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4184 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) Edwardo Piet 93 10318 December 12, 2016 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Please Explain to a Newly Inducted "Old Fart" thesummerqueen 44 13487 November 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Cinjin