Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 12:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such like.
RE: Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such like.
(January 19, 2015 at 5:44 pm)Losty Wrote: If we had to chose a theist to be banned today, it could have been alpha male. I would not have shed a single tear.

Vote: lynch alpha male

Ok, sorry, but this just sounded like something out of a mafia game Big Grin

Hang on, did I just get an idea for a new mafia variant?
[Image: Dramatic_Chipmunk.png]
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
(January 19, 2015 at 6:06 pm)Sionnach Wrote: Is alpha male also Fr0d0 or have they both simply jumped on the same bandwagon?

Just similar idiots for the looks of it
I tell you something. I'm seriously considering jacking all this in. I don't mind the job, I love the job, I love the responsibility, I love making a positive contribution, I love how I feel like I have a purpose again. But what puts the shit in my noodles is ungrateful little twats who don't have a legitimate complaint bitching about the way things are done, the very same judgements that they are perfectly fine with as long as they don't apply to them.

Isn't it interesting that while all the melodrama was blowing up yesterday, I personally had the professionalism to look after the welfare of the forum as a whole; making edits and general cleanups where necessary - including the removal of personally identifiable information. But some of you who will be nameless don't think to bother about that shit, do you? It's got to the point where, after moderating a post, I'm expecting a PM demanding to know why.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(January 19, 2015 at 6:04 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: No. You simply fail to understand where the line between "insulting" and where it becomes personal is.
I understand it. If it comes from a popular atheist, it's insulting. Otherwise, it's personal.
Quote:Insulting is allowed. Making it personal (say, by verbally attacking someone's family members, or one's sexuality, etc) isn't.
Again saying that it's an insult to be gay. Amazing. Clap
You guys don't want to piss Stimbo off.
(January 19, 2015 at 5:54 pm)alpha male Wrote:
(January 19, 2015 at 5:48 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: alpha male, are you suggesting something here or you just bitching?
I'm suggesting that the moderation here is biased. I don't know why they don't just admit it.

We try and eliminate bias as much as possible.

Often we've had reports about posts that 'people don't like', theist and atheist alike, but we don't action on it, not for that reason alone anyway.

For example, some of the things you've said on this thread have been outright lies and misrepresentations of the facts. But I don't want to ban you because of it.

We don't ban people because of their beliefs, after all. If that were true, and there's an inherent bias against theists on here, then why does it not say banned under your name?

Some mods wont like some members. Obvious truth is obvious. Hence why we have a quorum system. If there were any decent theists on the board we'd promote them too, like Ryaan when he was on the staff. But there aren't any.

So you can keep accusing us of being butt hurt despite not being in full possession of the facts & actually acting more butt hurt then any of us appear to be (butt hurt over what btw? I don't get it), but you won't get banned for it. Not now at least.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(January 19, 2015 at 6:08 pm)alpha male Wrote: Again saying that it's an insult to be gay. Amazing. Clap

Please keep going, please. Just keep saying it, again and again, who knows, the next one may be your last.
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
(January 19, 2015 at 6:09 pm)LastPoet Wrote: You guys don't want to piss Stimbo off.

Too late. First catfish, then Fr0d0. Now this.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(January 19, 2015 at 5:54 pm)alpha male Wrote:
(January 19, 2015 at 5:48 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: alpha male, are you suggesting something here or you just bitching?
I'm suggesting that the moderation here is biased. I don't know why they don't just admit it.

I'm suggesting that your god is a delusional fantasy and that your belief in him is irrational and illogical. I don't know why you don't just admit it.

Like I said in another thread: we announce our bans in public. A look through that list will see plenty of banned atheists. I would be sure that theists get banned more frequently compared to their percentage of the population, but let's be honest: atheists are vastly less likely to come to an atheist forum looking to stir up trouble.
(January 19, 2015 at 6:10 pm)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: We try and eliminate bias as much as possible.

Often we've had reports about posts that 'people don't like', theist and atheist alike, but we don't action on it, not for that reason alone anyway.

For example, some of the things you've said on this thread have been outright lies and misrepresentations of the facts. But I don't want to ban you because of it.

We don't ban people because of their beliefs, after all. If that were true, and there's an inherent bias against theists on here, then why does it not say banned under your name?
False dichotomy. That you're biased against theists doesn't imply that you must ban all theists.
Quote:So you can keep accusing us of being butt hurt despite not being in full possession of the facts & actually acting more butt hurt then any of us appear to be (butt hurt over what btw? I don't get it),
Over fr0d0 saying some mods had trolled him in the last thread. Certain people just would not let it go.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  i keep getting contradictory messages from staff rocinantexyz 12 2585 November 29, 2022 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Dear Staff Foxaèr 28 4301 February 5, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What Does This Mean, Oh Staff? Minimalist 24 5706 July 15, 2017 at 1:35 am
Last Post: c172
  Staff Appreciation Thread Shell B 41 8224 December 4, 2016 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  blocking ex staff members Catholic_Lady 68 6689 November 17, 2016 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  [split] Peanut Gallery Commentary-and the drama over the nudity thread continues pocaracas 283 32741 July 11, 2016 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Unable to log in to my account Mermaid 42 6224 March 30, 2016 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Thumbs Up Kudos for such Great forums!! Orchids 24 6168 September 22, 2015 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Blueberry muffins and birthdays and other such things. Losty 13 4334 May 16, 2015 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: Dystopia
  Staff....Once The Strike Ends...Strange Error Message Minimalist 1 2050 April 5, 2015 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: Jackalope