Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 12:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such like.
RE: Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such like.
Not a shithole. It's been tense lately. Arguments happened. If we could just talk it out and then put that behind us, that would be great.
Right Smile We're still the same group of people. I think the fact that most people have been civil even without the staff stepping in is a good sign.

It must be bloody hard stressful work being a staff guy and personally I have no problem with them taking a break. If everyone tries to be positive I think we can get back on track, and the staff will feel motivated to get back to kicking our sorry asses.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(April 6, 2015 at 12:03 pm)robvalue Wrote: Right Smile We're still the same group of people. I think the fact that most people have been civil even without the staff stepping in is a good sign.

It must be bloody hard stressful work being a staff guy and personally I have no problem with them taking a break. If everyone tries to be positive I think we can get back on track, and the staff will feel motivated to get back to kicking our sorry asses.

So, no strike for me? No fair!  I really like most people here, and I think it's a great community with great mods, I just don't have the nerve between work and life to use my spare time to deal with drama to which I don't have any relation, while I should be relaxing and getting my mind off the other stressful things here.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Well of course, if you're feeling fed up then a break may be best for you Smile I'd miss you, but I'm not trying to force people to stick around! Sorry if I came off that way. I've taken several mini breaks from the forum for various reasons when my emotions got the better of me, and it has worked well.

I think the more unhappy people are feeling, the more important they take at least a short break rather than fume onto the forum.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
You can't go on strike, Alex. Who else would I friendly banter with?
Maybe not banter, per se, but I'd be available for .. .

well . . .

[blush]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Vorlon... erm... you are aware that I'm female, right? I mean... sorry to let you down, but...
Lies. We all know there are no girls on the internet.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
And we all live in our divorced mom's basement and give attitude all the time to her third husband.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

They're all busy in the real world with hunks. :/

I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  i keep getting contradictory messages from staff rocinantexyz 12 2558 November 29, 2022 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Dear Staff Foxaèr 28 4289 February 5, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What Does This Mean, Oh Staff? Minimalist 24 5702 July 15, 2017 at 1:35 am
Last Post: c172
  Staff Appreciation Thread Shell B 41 8209 December 4, 2016 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  blocking ex staff members Catholic_Lady 68 6675 November 17, 2016 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  [split] Peanut Gallery Commentary-and the drama over the nudity thread continues pocaracas 283 32733 July 11, 2016 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Unable to log in to my account Mermaid 42 6216 March 30, 2016 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Thumbs Up Kudos for such Great forums!! Orchids 24 6168 September 22, 2015 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Blueberry muffins and birthdays and other such things. Losty 13 4331 May 16, 2015 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: Dystopia
  Staff....Once The Strike Ends...Strange Error Message Minimalist 1 2049 April 5, 2015 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: Jackalope