Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 1:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What the bible says Hell is like
RE: What the bible says Hell is like
There's enough religious warfare already without us exporting some of them!
(October 8, 2015 at 8:28 am)Evie Wrote: There's enough religious warfare already without us exporting some of them!

You're one o' them kids what says literally all the time, yeah?
No I hate them fuckers. Literally.

Shit.
(October 7, 2015 at 11:35 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: Bible teaches that Hell is NOT separation from God

Its a place of...
flaming fire
smothering smoke
dismal darkness
screaming and wailing
everlasting chains
flesh-eating worms
no rest
Oh, what a delightful place to create! Had I been challenged to describe a sociopath's wetdream, I could not have said it better!
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
No one does it more psychopathic than a non-existent deity eh?
(October 8, 2015 at 3:41 am)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: Unbelievers will have their place in the lake of fire.

Does this lake have trout? With the fire do they come up pre-cooked? Yum Yum!. But will ruin any chance for sushi and sashimi.

Next.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Lemon Sole with a slice of extremely charred lemon.

Very nice.
I'm really tired of hearing how generous it was for god to become a human while also being himself, and also being distinct for himself, then watching while he gets killed. But doesn't die.

He's just fucking about. If you think a god can be hurt or killed, you have a low estimation of one. Sure, he can put on a show and pretend to be hurt. And everyone alive then falls for it like the dullards they are. Bloody idiot caveman dolts, they'd worship their own arsehole if they saw it in the mirror.

It was no sacrifice. It achieved nothing. It didn't happen, but that's besides the point. How much effort did it take for god to send himself down, and get killed? 0%. How much effort has it taken god, in total, to do everything ever? 0%. How much damage did he take from getting "killed"? 0%.

I'm more generous than that when I put a 2p in a charity box. At least I've actually given something real up.

God is a freaking drama queen, that's all there is to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWAUhadJzTk
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(October 8, 2015 at 3:36 am)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 8, 2015 at 1:08 am)Jenny A Wrote: Did god create hell?  Or was it created by abstract justice?  And is there any crime for which you think a human court would sentence a man to eternal hellfire?

Yes
No
No

So if I set up a trip wire outside your front door so that when you open it it fires on you;  but promise that if you'll be my friend I'll disable the trip wire, that makes me your savior?  Because that's essentially what you claim god has done to humanity.  Not pretty.

As to justice, eternal fire is not a just punishment for any crime or crimes. 

What you have in god is a an imaginary psychotic despot.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(October 8, 2015 at 1:06 am)robvalue Wrote: What on earth is the point of this thread?

I have no idea, but this person has already sent me a PM condemning me for being a Catholic and for not believing that the only people who go to Heaven are those who say "I believe in Jesus."
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two verses on hell from the bible purplepurpose 7 646 June 15, 2023 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44251 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Who goes to hell - as far as those pious Bible Christians are concerned? Dundee 71 6768 June 14, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  The Bible Says So YahwehIsTheWay 24 3510 December 7, 2018 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  World ending on April 23rd, says false prophet Divinity 41 8686 April 27, 2018 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Pope says in interview that there is no hell. downbeatplumb 56 9916 April 16, 2018 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Tell All Book Says Pat Robertson Full of Shit Minimalist 12 3562 September 29, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Atheist73
  Who Says Godscreated 153 35703 September 15, 2017 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Do I sound like the "devil" to you? My mother thinks I speak like the devil... ReptilianPeon 60 9379 July 6, 2016 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Billy Graham's Daughter says transgender people responsible for 9/11 Aroura 23 4945 May 15, 2016 at 7:02 am
Last Post: abaris