Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 2:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What the bible says Hell is like
RE: What the bible says Hell is like
(October 8, 2015 at 10:34 am)Jenny A Wrote:
(October 8, 2015 at 3:36 am)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: Yes
No
No

So if I set up a trip wire outside your front door so that when you open it it fires on you;  but promise that if you'll be my friend I'll disable the trip wire, that makes me your savior?  Because that's essentially what you claim god has done to humanity.  Not pretty.

As to justice, eternal fire is not a just punishment for any crime or crimes. 

What you have in god is a an imaginary psychotic despot.

It's your sins that wind you up in hell
God created hell not because He is bad and mean, rather because He had to because He is perfectly good - we are the bad ones
You think you're good so you don't deserve hell
you think you can make up what is the best judgment
the bible says we all are wicked and rightfully deserve hell
got off your high horse and humble yourself.
Believe the gospel of Jesus Christ.
(October 8, 2015 at 8:27 am)houseofcantor Wrote:
(October 8, 2015 at 8:12 am)dyresand Wrote: Or you know i heard the middle east they don't like christians there so yeah they would get persecuted.

maybe we can export 'em. Christians for crude. Fair deal. :/

It's a fair trade off wait let's hand over the republicans and westboro and  make a it a deal.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
It smells like poe up in huurrrrr!!
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(October 8, 2015 at 10:40 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(October 8, 2015 at 1:06 am)robvalue Wrote: What on earth is the point of this thread?

I have no idea, but this person has already sent me a PM condemning me for being a Catholic and for not believing that the only people who go to Heaven are those who say "I believe in Jesus."

Ugh, what a swell guy. Using intimidation against fellow Christians as well. You can tell someone has no arguments whatsoever when they try and get you in a choke hold before shaking your hand.

Yes, I called him out a while ago on being a poe, I'm pretty sure he is. But they insist on limping along for some reason, it's depressing really.

Good to see you back Smile Hope you're OK?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Haha, yeah I've just been a lil busy but should be home for most of the day today. What's KJV mean anyway?
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Oh, King James Version bible. Yep! Definitely a poe lol.

-walsh
(October 8, 2015 at 10:50 am)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 8, 2015 at 10:34 am)Jenny A Wrote: So if I set up a trip wire outside your front door so that when you open it it fires on you;  but promise that if you'll be my friend I'll disable the trip wire, that makes me your savior?  Because that's essentially what you claim god has done to humanity.  Not pretty.

As to justice, eternal fire is not a just punishment for any crime or crimes. 

What you have in god is a an imaginary psychotic despot.

It's your sins that wind you up in hell
God created hell not because He is bad and mean, rather because He had to because He is perfectly good - we are the bad ones

Just re-read that.......who created us?

It was god wasn't it?  Because, of course, he created everything.  Now, how could a god so perfect and good make such a mistake as to make us bad, unless of course he did it on purpose?

Sounds like a bit of a cunt to me.
(October 8, 2015 at 1:56 am)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 8, 2015 at 1:51 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote: Says you. Millions of christians of different denominations claim that it's NOT what the bible teaches about hell. So why should I believe your childish, semi-illiterate interpretation?

many of them are mistaken. I believe God preserved His word in the King James Version (KJV) bible, which is the direct English translation from the original Hebrew and greek. and the doctrine of hell is very clear in that bible. You don't have to believe me you can take what i'm saying and spit it back in my face you want idc dude. I will lose zero sleep over your beliefs.

Oh, I'll double post this just for fun.  Since you haven't read your KJV history or Rocket's great analysis on your other thread.
[Image: post-4955-King-James-Bible-wrong-QLX7.jpeg]
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
(October 8, 2015 at 11:03 am)SofaKingHigh Wrote:
(October 8, 2015 at 10:50 am)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: It's your sins that wind you up in hell

Just re-read that.......who created us?

It was god wasn't it?  Because, of course, he created everything.  Now, how could a god so perfect and good make such a mistake as to make us bad, unless of course he did it on purpose?

created us with free will

(October 8, 2015 at 10:56 am)robvalue Wrote:
(October 8, 2015 at 10:40 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I have no idea, but this person has already sent me a PM condemning me for being a Catholic and for not believing that the only people who go to Heaven are those who say "I believe in Jesus."

Ugh, what a swell guy. Using intimidation against fellow Christians as well. You can tell someone has no arguments whatsoever when they try and get you in a choke hold before shaking your hand.

Yes, I called him out a while ago on being a poe, I'm pretty sure he is. But they insist on limping along for some reason, it's depressing really.

CAtholics aren't fellow Christians
they deny the Christ flat out
they invented a weird works salvation that's creepy
(October 8, 2015 at 11:18 am)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 8, 2015 at 11:03 am)SofaKingHigh Wrote: Just re-read that.......who created us?

created us with free will

(October 8, 2015 at 10:56 am)robvalue Wrote: Ugh, what a swell guy. Using intimidation against fellow Christians as well. You can tell someone has no arguments whatsoever when they try and get you in a choke hold before shaking your hand.

CAtholics aren't fellow Christians
they deny the Christ flat out
they invented a weird works salvation that's creepy

Paul created a weird faith salvation that's creepy.

Do you see how silly it is to argue with unsupported assertions?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two verses on hell from the bible purplepurpose 7 645 June 15, 2023 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44248 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Who goes to hell - as far as those pious Bible Christians are concerned? Dundee 71 6757 June 14, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  The Bible Says So YahwehIsTheWay 24 3509 December 7, 2018 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  World ending on April 23rd, says false prophet Divinity 41 8678 April 27, 2018 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Pope says in interview that there is no hell. downbeatplumb 56 9907 April 16, 2018 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Tell All Book Says Pat Robertson Full of Shit Minimalist 12 3561 September 29, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Atheist73
  Who Says Godscreated 153 35698 September 15, 2017 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Do I sound like the "devil" to you? My mother thinks I speak like the devil... ReptilianPeon 60 9379 July 6, 2016 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Billy Graham's Daughter says transgender people responsible for 9/11 Aroura 23 4938 May 15, 2016 at 7:02 am
Last Post: abaris