Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 2:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What the bible says Hell is like
RE: What the bible says Hell is like
(October 8, 2015 at 2:14 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 8, 2015 at 2:03 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: May I poop on you?

no
stop trolling

You first.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(October 8, 2015 at 2:14 pm)Losty Wrote:
(October 8, 2015 at 2:10 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: no, you're cursed if you preach another gospel

I preach the gospel of self glorification.

I don't follow

(October 8, 2015 at 2:15 pm)Losty Wrote:
(October 8, 2015 at 2:14 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: no
stop trolling

You first.

how am I trolling
is "poeing" a verb?
It's a bible I wrote myself about the true nature of god and his love for the female orgasm.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(October 8, 2015 at 1:56 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(October 8, 2015 at 1:52 pm)Evie Wrote: It was Deistpaladin on April fools, and he is - or was last I checked - a deist not an atheist.

He said kudos to the first one who guessed it was him and I guessed saying it was him in a PM... I recognized his particular typing habits and idiosyncrasies. I can't remember what it was but he said some catchphrase that only Deistpaladin ever says. He was a great debater and I was a fan.

Anyway, it was for April fools and was a one off thing done by the staff. And he's a he.

Unless there's Piuspaladin as well? It was more than a few months back I thought too!

No, i'm talking about this person:

http://atheistforums.org/thread-34272.html

C_L - Note the bottom post by Rexbeccarox about loathing dishonesty, on that first page, and the huge number of "Kudos" agreements it got from other atheists on this site.

It's uncommon for an atheist to do that, and we disdain those who do (except those who do it for a fun, specific thing, like April Fool's Day), since generally we have no cause to do it. Almost without fail, a Poe is actually a religious extremist. It's the fact that it's so common that makes a person occasionally want to try it out for entertainment purposes, just to see what it's like to say things that crazy and watch people react to it, but I think it's a psychologically disturbed state, almost bordering on sociopathy, to manipulate people dishonestly for your own entertainment. 

Perhaps I evaluate Poe candidates as usually being fundies rather than fakers is because I am hesitant to believe so low of human beings. If they're a fundie, I only have to pity them, because they have swallowed the poisoned Kool-Aid of fundamentalism and switched off their minds... but if they're a borderline sociopath, I am compelled to loathe them. And I don't want that.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

(October 8, 2015 at 2:01 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: the apostle paul said if anyone preached any other gospel then the one he brought, let him be accursed.

So?
I like your posts so much Losty Shock
(October 8, 2015 at 12:49 pm)Crossless1 Wrote:
(October 8, 2015 at 12:43 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: im against religion

That's a bitch, since you belong to one, Bible Idolator.

I don't worship the bible I worship God

(October 8, 2015 at 2:19 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(October 8, 2015 at 2:01 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: the apostle paul said if anyone preached any other gospel then the one he brought, let him be accursed.

So?

being cursed is not fun
(October 8, 2015 at 2:27 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 8, 2015 at 12:49 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: That's a bitch, since you belong to one, Bible Idolator.

I don't worship the bible I worship God

Mmmm, nope. You pretty clearly worship the Bible as your idol. You won't even look at its actual history. You won't question whether or not what it claims might or might not conform to reality, and you claim it is itself inerrant, like only a god can be. 

You have made an idol of your Bible.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

(October 8, 2015 at 2:18 pm)Losty Wrote: It's a bible I wrote myself about the true nature of god and his love for the female orgasm.

sex is good between one man and one woman in marriage

(October 8, 2015 at 2:28 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote:
(October 8, 2015 at 2:27 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: I don't worship the bible I worship God

Mmmm, nope. You pretty clearly worship the Bible as your idol. You won't even look at its actual history. You won't question whether or not what it claims might or might not conform to reality, and you claim it is itself inerrant, like only a god can be. 

I worship the God spoken about in the bible

(October 8, 2015 at 2:29 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 8, 2015 at 2:18 pm)Losty Wrote: It's a bible I wrote myself about the true nature of god and his love for the female orgasm.

sex is good between one man and one woman in marriage

(October 8, 2015 at 2:28 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: Mmmm, nope. You pretty clearly worship the Bible as your idol. You won't even look at its actual history. You won't question whether or not what it claims might or might not conform to reality, and you claim it is itself inerrant, like only a god can be. 

I worship the God spoken about in the bible

I don't think the bible is God. if you were to burn my bible in front of me i wouldn't shriek

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two verses on hell from the bible purplepurpose 7 646 June 15, 2023 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44256 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Who goes to hell - as far as those pious Bible Christians are concerned? Dundee 71 6771 June 14, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  The Bible Says So YahwehIsTheWay 24 3510 December 7, 2018 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  World ending on April 23rd, says false prophet Divinity 41 8691 April 27, 2018 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Pope says in interview that there is no hell. downbeatplumb 56 9916 April 16, 2018 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Tell All Book Says Pat Robertson Full of Shit Minimalist 12 3562 September 29, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Atheist73
  Who Says Godscreated 153 35705 September 15, 2017 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Do I sound like the "devil" to you? My mother thinks I speak like the devil... ReptilianPeon 60 9379 July 6, 2016 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Billy Graham's Daughter says transgender people responsible for 9/11 Aroura 23 4946 May 15, 2016 at 7:02 am
Last Post: abaris