Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 1:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What the bible says Hell is like
RE: What the bible says Hell is like
(October 8, 2015 at 11:34 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 8, 2015 at 11:13 pm)SnakeOilWarrior Wrote: As do most who call this place home, I make no claims about the existence of any gods. I simply find no reason to believe in them as no one has ever presented a compelling claim, yourself most definitely included. You want to convince me, provide some evidence to back up your claims. Threats of hell and the contents of the buy-bull don't count. Real, testable, verifiable evidence or GTFO.
so you just don't know?

Way to oversimplify. [Image: free-rolleye-smileys-323.gif]
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Do you know for certain that there are no dragons? Or do you just assume there aren't due to lack of evidence?
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(October 8, 2015 at 11:42 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 8, 2015 at 11:31 pm)Stimbo Wrote: What's wrong is that you're preaching, not discussing. Regurgitating all the usual clichés about how we're all in denial and will learn the truth some day is the opposite of discussion; it is shutting down discussion. If as you say that's all you have, then why are you here? Because this is not a pulpit. Take your fire 'n' brimstone outside.

what's wrong with what i'm preaching? do you say it's absolutely false

It's not if you're true or false, it's that you're preaching.
(October 8, 2015 at 11:48 pm)Jenny A Wrote: Do you know for certain that there are no dragons?  Or do you just assume there aren't due to lack of evidence?

No I can't say for sure there are no dragons.
(October 8, 2015 at 11:52 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 8, 2015 at 11:48 pm)Jenny A Wrote: Do you know for certain that there are no dragons?  Or do you just assume there aren't due to lack of evidence?

Then you know my state of knowledge about god.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
So, do you believe me when I say I have a dragon living in my garage?

Or, do you want evidence?!? [Image: free-rolleye-smileys-323.gif]
(October 8, 2015 at 11:52 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:

Do you believe there are? Or even better, do you believe there is a dragon in the room where you are? You shouldn't because no matter where you look in your room, there is no sign of a dragon.

A being as grand as God should have been observed in some way after all this time and given that he is omnipresent as well, yet this has not been the case thus far.
(October 8, 2015 at 11:56 pm)Irrational Wrote:
(October 8, 2015 at 11:52 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: No I can't say for sure there are no dragons.

Do you believe there are? Or even better, do you believe there is a dragon in the room where you are? You shouldn't because no matter where you look in your room, there is no sign of a dragon.

A being as grand as God should have been observed in some way after all this time and given that he is omnipresent as well, yet this has not been the case thus far.

Well, I know a guy who says he saw a vision of a dragon when he was falling asleep one night (he had a mild fever, he admits), and ever since then, he has "felt the presence of the dragon", and talks to it every night before bed. He's sure  that dragons exist. Why don't you believe him?! Wink
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

(October 8, 2015 at 11:42 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 8, 2015 at 11:31 pm)Stimbo Wrote: What's wrong is that you're preaching, not discussing. Regurgitating all the usual clichés about how we're all in denial and will learn the truth some day is the opposite of discussion; it is shutting down discussion. If as you say that's all you have, then why are you here? Because this is not a pulpit. Take your fire 'n' brimstone outside.

what's wrong with what i'm preaching? do you say it's absolutely false

No, I'm not playing this game with you. Discussion and preaching are two entirely different things. Please engage in the former without regurgitating the latter.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(October 9, 2015 at 12:01 am)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote:
(October 8, 2015 at 11:56 pm)Irrational Wrote: Do you believe there are? Or even better, do you believe there is a dragon in the room where you are? You shouldn't because no matter where you look in your room, there is no sign of a dragon.

Well, I know a guy who says he saw a vision of a dragon when he was falling asleep one night (he had a mild fever, he admits), and ever since then, he has "felt the presence of the dragon", and talks to it every night before bed. He's sure  that dragons exist. Why don't you believe him?! Wink

Well, ok. It's not that I don't believe him. It's that I don't want to admit it. Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two verses on hell from the bible purplepurpose 7 646 June 15, 2023 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44251 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Who goes to hell - as far as those pious Bible Christians are concerned? Dundee 71 6768 June 14, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  The Bible Says So YahwehIsTheWay 24 3510 December 7, 2018 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  World ending on April 23rd, says false prophet Divinity 41 8687 April 27, 2018 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Pope says in interview that there is no hell. downbeatplumb 56 9916 April 16, 2018 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Tell All Book Says Pat Robertson Full of Shit Minimalist 12 3562 September 29, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Atheist73
  Who Says Godscreated 153 35703 September 15, 2017 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Do I sound like the "devil" to you? My mother thinks I speak like the devil... ReptilianPeon 60 9379 July 6, 2016 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Billy Graham's Daughter says transgender people responsible for 9/11 Aroura 23 4945 May 15, 2016 at 7:02 am
Last Post: abaris