Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 12:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What the bible says Hell is like
RE: What the bible says Hell is like
(October 10, 2015 at 4:44 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote:
(October 10, 2015 at 3:39 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost
REALLY.  Matthew 12:31:  Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Don't you even know anything about this KJV you worship so slavishly??  You've been listening to preachers who never went to college again, haven't you?

What a lot of the preachers that come here to rant at us don't seem bright enough to understand is:  a LOT of us have been Christian for most of our lives.  We studied, and decided it was a bunch of crap for zillions of very good reasons.  But NOOO, you fundie zealots seem to assume that any atheist just had never HEARD the oh-so wonderful babble verses you splat all over our forum.   (missed one  ^ )   And your gawd-bible will change our stupid minds just by appearing, or something.    

Well, here ya go, fellow ex-Christians.  We're not sealed with the Holy Ghost.  The Holy Ghost doesn't exist, never existed, and any teaching about the Holy Ghost is rancid, putrid, fermented, festering bullshit.   Is that enough blasphemy to do the trick?   I sure hope so.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
All I can do is thank the guy. He actually pissed me off enough to say something worthy of quoting in my own signature-box! Big Grin
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

(October 10, 2015 at 7:10 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: All I can do is thank the guy. He actually pissed me off enough to say something worthy of quoting in my own signature-box! Big Grin

It was eloquent. It makes a good signature.  
Mine . . . from the old Star Trek series.  But when I heard this in the show, it hit me between the eyes.  Yes, for me, I'm still reeling a bit.  The world is not as they teach us here. 

The good thing about that feeling is that suddenly, there is a whole universe to explore  . . .
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
(October 10, 2015 at 6:43 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(October 10, 2015 at 3:39 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

Really.

You see I used to be a Christian. Since leaving Christianity, I've committed adultery, stolen, lied, cheated, and I even blasphemed the holy spirit.

So, what exactly do I need to do to NOT be saved, because spending an eternity with that sociopathic prick of a god you worship is not something I would wish on my worst enemy.

This is of course a rhetorical question because your God is not real. But please, let's see what kind of incoherent answer you can give.

You didn't deserve it when you got saved and you don't deserve to keep it either. Yet, God says I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither any man pluck them out of my hand. John 10:28

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but HAVE everlasting life. John 3:16
If you have everlasting life and God takes it away then you never actually had everlasting life to begin with. It lasts forever. If this verse is true, then you cannot lose your salvation.

I testify that this is the true grace of God wherein you stand.
Hey, sinner, look up the Germanic goddess of Hel and rerflect a bit if there isn't an obvious connection.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Do you mean - "salivation"? Is that why atheists rule and christians drool?

Quote:sal•i•va•tion
 (ˌsæl əˈveɪ ʃən) 

n.
1. the act or process of salivating.
2. an abnormally abundant flow of saliva; ptyalism.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/salivation
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
No worries, Danny boy is wrong. There are only two ways into the glorious valhalla FSM has created for all.

1: Accept in your heart the way of the noodle

2: Be an Atheist, He likes you lot, you question things even if the thing you question is him

RAmen
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(October 10, 2015 at 4:44 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote:

Can I refuse?

Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity.

I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. John 10: 28-29 You are in Jesus' hand and also the Father's hand once you believed. You may let go in your life, but God's hand is so strong and He is never letting go.

Once you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ you pass from death unto life. You are born again and He will no wise cast you out. Jesus said, "And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:40 Once that moment happens, the Holy Spirit enters you and you are sealed. "Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts." 2 Corinthians 1:22 God is serious, so serious that He gives the Holy Spirit and it serves as a down payment. You can't go to hell if the Holy Spirit is in you.
(October 10, 2015 at 9:24 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 10, 2015 at 6:43 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Really.

You see I used to be a Christian.  Since leaving Christianity, I've committed adultery, stolen, lied, cheated, and I even blasphemed the holy spirit.

So, what exactly do I need to do to NOT be saved, because spending an eternity with that sociopathic prick of a god you worship is not something I would wish on my worst enemy.

This is of course a rhetorical question because your God is not real.  But please, let's see what kind of incoherent answer you can give.

You didn't deserve it when you got saved and you don't deserve to keep it either. Yet, God says I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither any man pluck them out of my hand. John 10:28

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but HAVE everlasting life. John 3:16
If you have everlasting life and God takes it away then you never actually had everlasting life to begin with. It lasts forever. If this verse is true, then you cannot lose your salvation.

This contradicts the following:

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Hebrews 10:26-27
(October 10, 2015 at 10:14 pm)Irrational Wrote:
(October 10, 2015 at 9:24 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: You didn't deserve it when you got saved and you don't deserve to keep it either. Yet, God says I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither any man pluck them out of my hand. John 10:28

This contradicts the following:

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Hebrews 10:26-27

He was addressing the jews who were tempted to go back to animal sacrifices when the message was that Jesus was the one sufficient sacrifice. no need for other sacrifices. receiving the knowledge of truth is hearing the gospel it does not necessarily mean belief occurred.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two verses on hell from the bible purplepurpose 7 667 June 15, 2023 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44307 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Who goes to hell - as far as those pious Bible Christians are concerned? Dundee 71 7040 June 14, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  The Bible Says So YahwehIsTheWay 24 3517 December 7, 2018 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  World ending on April 23rd, says false prophet Divinity 41 8698 April 27, 2018 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Pope says in interview that there is no hell. downbeatplumb 56 9931 April 16, 2018 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Tell All Book Says Pat Robertson Full of Shit Minimalist 12 3569 September 29, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Atheist73
  Who Says Godscreated 153 36101 September 15, 2017 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Do I sound like the "devil" to you? My mother thinks I speak like the devil... ReptilianPeon 60 9393 July 6, 2016 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Billy Graham's Daughter says transgender people responsible for 9/11 Aroura 23 4995 May 15, 2016 at 7:02 am
Last Post: abaris