Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 12:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What the bible says Hell is like
RE: What the bible says Hell is like
(January 2, 2016 at 11:31 am)popsthebuilder Wrote:
(January 2, 2016 at 11:27 am)dyresand Wrote: Which is the kinder way of saying i fucked up on purpose and misery and suffering is my gift to you.
I don't follow. The purpose of life is to live. Suffering is by the hand of man. God doesn't wish for any of us to suffer. Suffering is negated by selflessness and the want to do good for other life for its benefit, not our own.

I really missed what you were trying to say I think. Could you word it differently please?

Thanks

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

You say god doesn't want anyone to suffer why is it that you know we already know how to fix out own suffering ourselves without a god. 
If you look it where was god anywhere in history during humanities tough times no where. If there is a god not yours, god doesn't care. That being said i doubt god of the bible cares about us let alone love his own creation. Also god the one you believe  in would be a shitty parent, if we are his children and we are suffering he should do something about it. But ill put it in terms like this we are in bed suffering from a easily curable sickness our father looks after us he doesn't do anything. We lay there dying and after awhile we get up and take medication to get better. That being said god clearly shows neglect to his own creations, he doesn't  give a damn about anyone or anything.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Can God choose to end the suffering of all the people supposedly in hell?

Neither answer bodes well for him.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Fuck the Bible, I want to know what Dr. Seuss has to say about Mordor.
(January 2, 2016 at 10:06 am)popsthebuilder Wrote:
(January 2, 2016 at 3:37 am)KevinM1 Wrote: By giving god traits, you are limiting it because that's how language works.  If it's innately benevolent, then it cannot be malevolent.  Descriptions create definitions, which remove options.

Moreover, the traits you listed mean something.  A self-subsisting, all-encompassing, omnipotent, omniscient creature simply wouldn't create anything intentionally.  Willful creation implies a want or need.  They may be instinctual, but they are the manifestation of deficiency.  The creature you described (because, again, words have meaning) would have no deficiencies.   It wouldn't be lonely (self-subsisting) or curious (omniscient).  It would have no reason to propagate (pick one from your list).

Your stated vision of your creator god is self-contradictory.  Intentional creation implies want or need, which implies an imperfect, necessarily limited being.  And if our creation wasn't intentional, then why should we care about it, let alone worship it?

And, please, let's do better than a weak appeal to ignorance as a reply, hmm?  It's not illogical for one to critique another's assertion.  That critique doesn't imply belief or disbelief, and is not incongruent with either.   Furthermore, there's no reason to believe human rationale is somehow not up to the task of that criticism when human rationale is (poorly, IMO) used by billions of theists across the globe as a means to come to and defend their belief in their god.  You don't have the monopoly on thinking just because I don't agree with you.
Just because God knows all doesn't mean it wouldn't create or form anything. Your flaw is in assuming God wouldn't create or form anything because, to you, somethings that knows everything and needs nothing wouldn't create anything. That a they flaw of your rationale. Don't bring others into the to back up your own flawed views. Theists have mothballs g to do with this conversation. You did happen to make one decent point and that is that God is not malevolent.

And yes, it can be long suffering for our sake. How could it not be? Unlike the rest of existence, most men don't follow the direction put forth by GOD and make their own path. God is long suffering for our sake because it is constantly giving us new opportunities based on our actions. So explain, if yo will, how a thing that is all powerful, and all knowing can't also be compassionate?

You clearly don't understand the implications attached to terms like omniscience, omnipotence, self-sustaining, and all-encompassing, yet you claim that my rationale is flawed?

Please.

Get back to us when you learn not to throw around terms you don't fully understand.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
(January 2, 2016 at 4:07 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Fuck the Bible, I want to know what Dr. Seuss has to say about Mordor.

Morodor oh Mordor sweet sweet precious says hello.

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(January 2, 2016 at 5:11 pm)KevinM1 Wrote:
(January 2, 2016 at 10:06 am)popsthebuilder Wrote: Just because God knows all doesn't mean it wouldn't create or form anything. Your flaw is in assuming God wouldn't create or form anything because, to you, somethings that knows everything and needs nothing wouldn't create anything. That a they flaw of your rationale. Don't bring others into the to back up your own flawed views. Theists have mothballs g to do with this conversation. You did happen to make one decent point and that is that God is not malevolent.

And yes, it can be long suffering for our sake. How could it not be? Unlike the rest of existence, most men don't follow the direction put forth by GOD and make their own path. God is long suffering for our sake because it is constantly giving us new opportunities based on our actions. So explain, if yo will, how a thing that is all powerful, and all knowing can't also be compassionate?

You clearly don't understand the implications attached to terms like omniscience, omnipotence, self-sustaining, and all-encompassing, yet you claim that my rationale is flawed?

Please.

Get back to us when you learn not to throw around terms you don't fully understand.
Excuse me?

How is it that I don't understand them?

(January 2, 2016 at 5:11 pm)dyresand Wrote:
(January 2, 2016 at 4:07 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Fuck the Bible, I want to know what Dr. Seuss has to say about Mordor.

Morodor oh Mordor sweet sweet precious says hello.
"Dr. Seuss is dead"

AcidBath

(January 2, 2016 at 11:56 pm)popsthebuilder Wrote:
(January 2, 2016 at 5:11 pm)dyresand Wrote: Morodor oh Mordor sweet sweet precious says hello.
"Dr. Seuss is dead"

AcidBath

Common sense, science, and logic for Good.
Fixed that for you.

Also why you do you have to be such a downer.

Code:
(January 3, 2016 at 12:07 am)dyresand Wrote:
(January 2, 2016 at 11:56 pm)popsthebuilder Wrote: "Dr. Seuss is dead"

AcidBath

Common sense, science, and logic for Good.
Fixed that for you.

You didn't have to take out my words to put yours in the all working just fine together. Come on man acid bath doesn't lift your spirits? Really it shouldn't I guess. To answer your question, I guess I'm just a stick in the mud.

(January 3, 2016 at 12:17 am)popsthebuilder Wrote:
(January 3, 2016 at 12:07 am)dyresand Wrote: Fixed that for you.

You didn't have to take out my words to put yours in the all working just fine together. Come on man acid bath doesn't lift your spirits? Really it shouldn't I guess. To answer your question, I guess I'm just a stick in the mud.

If it was a joke it went over my head

Code:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two verses on hell from the bible purplepurpose 7 667 June 15, 2023 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44291 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Who goes to hell - as far as those pious Bible Christians are concerned? Dundee 71 7025 June 14, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  The Bible Says So YahwehIsTheWay 24 3515 December 7, 2018 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  World ending on April 23rd, says false prophet Divinity 41 8696 April 27, 2018 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Pope says in interview that there is no hell. downbeatplumb 56 9929 April 16, 2018 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Tell All Book Says Pat Robertson Full of Shit Minimalist 12 3566 September 29, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Atheist73
  Who Says Godscreated 153 36101 September 15, 2017 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Do I sound like the "devil" to you? My mother thinks I speak like the devil... ReptilianPeon 60 9391 July 6, 2016 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Billy Graham's Daughter says transgender people responsible for 9/11 Aroura 23 4992 May 15, 2016 at 7:02 am
Last Post: abaris