Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 10:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Music You're Listening To:
RE: Music You're Listening To:

Here's the South Park song "Uncle Fucka," as scored and conducted by Juri-Ruut Kangur and an Estonian orchestra with singing by Mikk Saar & Lauri Pihlap and Blade of Grass obbligato by Erki-Andres Nuut. And this was apparently broadcast on Estonia's TV6.

I find it kind of strange that such a thing could make it on TV uncensored (even in Estonia, although, that said, the only thing I know about Estonia is Arvo Part is from there), but knowing that it's near Sweden, a country that once had a movie with the word "Fucking" in the title and only gave it an 11 certificate (meaning anyone over 11 can see it unaccompanied), it certainly makes quite a bit of sense.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I ran into this Industrial band on the net a few years ago.

(April 16, 2017 at 7:47 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: ... it's near Sweden, a country that once had a movie with the word "Fucking" in the title and only gave it an 11 certificate (meaning anyone over 11 can see it unaccompanied), it certainly makes quite a bit of sense.

I knew what movie you meant without clicking the link; I watched Fucking Amal for a class in college! It was really good! (And, no, alt-right people looking to perpetuate your Sweden-is-a-disaster-zone narrative, Amal is a town, not a middle eastern immigrant Dodgy ) (also, it was about two teen girls (fourteen or so?), one very popular and the other a loser, discovering, together, accidentally, that they were romantically interested in each other, so could you imagine that getting a "PG" in the USA?!)

As for the OP question, there is only one music I am listening to for the next year or so.

Because my favorite band of all time is back.

After so many years of absence.

With glorious sound.

THE BATH.

This one here (Ascension) might be my favorite of the six songs they released:

And another:

How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
(April 19, 2017 at 10:03 am)TheRealJoeFish Wrote:
(April 16, 2017 at 7:47 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: ... it's near Sweden, a country that once had a movie with the word "Fucking" in the title and only gave it an 11 certificate (meaning anyone over 11 can see it unaccompanied), it certainly makes quite a bit of sense.

I knew what movie you meant without clicking the link; I watched Fucking Amal for a class in college! It was really good! (And, no, alt-right people looking to perpetuate your Sweden-is-a-disaster-zone narrative, Amal is a town, not a middle eastern immigrant  Dodgy ) (also, it was about two teen girls (fourteen or so?), one very popular and the other a loser, discovering, together, accidentally, that they were romantically interested in each other, so could you imagine that getting a "PG" in the USA?!)

Tell me about it. Granted, when I saw it, it was called "Show Me Love," but it was still quite good. And it's really surprising that a movie can somehow have a big romantic moment scored by "I Wanna Know what Love Is" by Foreigner, and not have it look like the biggest cliche ever.

Maybe it's the fact that it sounds like it was really playing on a car stereo and not overdubbed later, or the fact that except for the brief insert shots of the driver, it looks like it was done in one take, or even the fact that the driver decides to be a buzzkill when the kiss is over, but somehow it works.

As for the music I'm listening to now, here's the Isley Brothers:

And to think they've been going around since the year my Dad was born.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

(April 16, 2017 at 11:33 am)Isis Wrote:

That's an awesome song.  I remember first listening to Avril Lavigne's "skaterboi" and getting hooked to it (at that time, I was finishing up my junior year in high school). Here's one that I like:

Glad to see you can appreciate an Avril Lavigne song too, Kernel - I like pretty much every song by her, she's very talented.

I don't believe you. Get over it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] The Listening List Foxaèr 25 736 April 14, 2024 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Music to fall asleep Fake Messiah 2 705 August 29, 2023 at 5:59 am
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  Atheist music deleted 29 2945 August 13, 2023 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  ABBA - phoney music for phoney people onlinebiker 7 1073 November 5, 2022 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Official Christmas Music Thread Foxaèr 46 2653 January 4, 2021 at 6:09 am
Last Post: rado84
  Evolution of Music from 1400 BC till the present day GrandizerII 67 10775 December 8, 2019 at 3:15 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals: NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert Aegon 0 306 October 20, 2018 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Early Maids ... For your listening pleasure. ignoramus 4 731 June 14, 2018 at 8:24 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Celebrating womanhood through music Foxaèr 34 3910 April 13, 2018 at 11:41 am
Last Post: brewer
  So.... I want to make music with... Software. Any help? ErGingerbreadMandude 23 3264 August 3, 2017 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: Alex K