Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So.... I want to make music with... Software. Any help?
So.... I want to make music with... Software. Any help?
My current experience includes:

1) no experience
2) refer 1

So....... Yeah. Never tried it before but I would like to. give me the name of a good software and some tips. A awesome software and some awesome tips.

plz guyz
RE: So.... I want to make music with... Software. Any help?
Clarification required:

No experience making music with software?
No experience making music on any sort of instrument?
No experience making music at all?
Don't even know how to turn on a radio?
Let's go with option number 3.
Quote: No experience making music at all?
If you just want to throw some techno beeps and thumps together, you might be able to do it with a looping sequencer program.

For anything more complicated, you'll either need to learn an instrument or learn how to read music -- preferably both. I recommend piano, as a piano keyboard is a standard feature in most music software packages

Failing that, recruit 3 or 4 enthusiastic beginners, set up in someone's garage with borrowed instruments, and have at it. (At very least you'll be able to claim "I was in a band once!")
Personally, if you're interested, there are loads of apps on the iPad (and a lot of them for free) that can do a relatively decent simulation of, well, it's mostly keyboard and percussion instruments because their interface is a lot more computer-friendly than most wind or string instruments. They could be a decent way of figuring out just how the notes work. I'd probably go with Perfect Piano, since it's free, sounds kinda like a proper piano, and even has the notes' names on each key.

Maybe if you want to try a proper musical instrument good for absolute beginners that's bloody cheap, I'd suggest a kalimba (thumb piano; I have a little one made by Mountain Melodies that I have on my lap right now, maybe when you're confident enough, you can move onto the Hugh Tracey models) or an ocarina (Susato actually makes a little plastic one that's dirt cheap, small enough to enclose in your fist and hang around your neck, and can actually play "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly" pretty easily, and why the fuck did my school have us play recorders when these were an option?).

I'm personally a guitarist, but I have to admit, decent quality guitar gear can be expensive. The flagship guitars and amps from the real big name brands can easily head into the quadruple-figure range, and, odds are, if it's below $100, caveat fucking emptor...

Really, just find a direction that intrigues you, and you can almost certainly find a wealth of information about how to get there, at least when it comes to playing an instrument. Making something good, on the other hand...
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Fruityloops.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Anybody know what this program is?

[Image: Screenshot_20170803-083114_2.png]
It depends on what kind and depth of music you want to make.

For just goofing around: Drum Pads
For a tiny bit more serious: Fruity Loops
For actual seriousness: Get some real instruments and use a mixing software like ntrack

If you have patience and courage, you can also try: https://www.audiotool.com/

Good luck

(August 3, 2017 at 1:11 am)pool the matey Wrote: Anybody know what this program is?

[Image: Screenshot_20170803-083114_2.png]

To me that looks like the interface of every multitrack mixer ever... so no idea
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Looks to me like a digital audio program with some wave forms (probably short samples) that have been sliced into chunks and moved around to different time locations. Could be many, many programs.

I have another suggestion -- Visit a fairly large music store to see if they have a section devoted to recording and DJing. You might be able to play with some software there, or at least ask questions about the different setups.
Try and get FL studio for free.

Learn the blues/pentatonic/minor scale. (All fairly similar)

Be prepared for stress in general, of computer things not working or music ideas not working.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Music to fall asleep Fake Messiah 2 671 August 29, 2023 at 5:59 am
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  Atheist music deleted 29 2814 August 13, 2023 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  ABBA - phoney music for phoney people onlinebiker 7 1057 November 5, 2022 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Official Christmas Music Thread Foxaèr 46 2542 January 4, 2021 at 6:09 am
Last Post: rado84
  Evolution of Music from 1400 BC till the present day GrandizerII 67 10627 December 8, 2019 at 3:15 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Music You're Listening To: SofaKingHigh 3266 153703 July 2, 2019 at 1:32 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals: NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert Aegon 0 298 October 20, 2018 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  I Want Your Cray Cray Foxaèr 8 1266 May 10, 2018 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Celebrating womanhood through music Foxaèr 34 3877 April 13, 2018 at 11:41 am
Last Post: brewer
  Music Kernel Sohcahtoa 0 616 June 22, 2017 at 12:18 am
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa