Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 12:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you all playing right now?
RE: What are you all playing right now?
Checking out Pillars of Eternity II
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
GTA V is back on Game Pass, so I'm downloading that. I've been working on Ori and the Will O' Wisp and just started Dark Souls Remastered.

I've been wanting to add a tower defense game to the XBOX. I can get Defense Grid 2 for $3, but I'm more into Kingdom Rush, and the third title in the series -- Origins -- was on sale.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(July 6, 2023 at 11:26 am)Angrboda Wrote: GTA V is back on Game Pass, so I'm downloading that.  I've been working on Ori and the Will O' Wisp and just started Dark Souls Remastered.

I've been wanting to add a tower defense game to the XBOX.  I can get Defense Grid 2 for $3, but I'm more into Kingdom Rush, and the third title in the series -- Origins -- was on sale.

If you like tower defence games, in case you didn't know and in case you're interested, Fortnite: Save The World (STW) is a great tower defence game. It's not their more familiar PvP cash cow, but rather the original PvE game, which is still supported to this day, albeit with much less priority than their pvp game. Basically you build structures (ie the namesake's forts), with traps, to defend against hordes of zombies (what they call 'husks' in the game), as well as defending with your character using weapons both melee and ranged, hero abilities, and different classes of heroes, eg constructors, ninjas, outlanders, and soldiers. Anyway, if you're interested it costs about £12, so maybe 15-20 dollars, but there is plenty of content to keep you going for years really. To buy it, you just have to install the free PvP game, and buy a specific skin 'starter pack' which includes access to STW.
Pillars of Eternity 2 was dumb.

Giving Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-reckoning another chance.
~ Erin Hunter
Debating getting some games when my Visa enters a new billing period. Catan is on sale for $16, but I've got a trial of it on the XBOX and a free version on PC, so I should probably sample the waters first. It's not a game that gets me excited, but there is a local group that gets together each week to play Catan, and it wouldn't hurt for me to socialize more. Midnight Suns is also on sale for $24, and I am excited about that. It's got great IP and graphics, and it uses card-based turn-based combat which is supposedly rather good. (I'm into card battlers, and if I don't have to do tricky things with a controller at high speed, all the better). And I've got Cuphead on PC which I recently sampled again. Its controls aren't as hard as I initially thought, either that, or I'm becoming more adept at button mashing. But that's another $14-20. All three would be close to $60, and I'm planning on spending $230 on an annual subscription to Audible Books in August. I'm expecting $700 from my property tax refund, but I'd rather not spend that all at once.
Picked up Joust for my XBOX for $1.64. That was my favorite arcade game back in the day. I wasted so many quarters on that.
Thought I'd check out Fortnite since it's a third person shooter, and those I can manage, as well as a solo mode. Unfortunately, unless you pay for a season pass the skin of the character is always chosen for you each time you enter a new session.

Hard pass.
~ Erin Hunter
I learned that I have a free trial for Midnight Suns. I should play it a little before spending $25 on it. But the sale on Catan ends much sooner than that on Midnight Suns.
I was considering the game, Midnight Suns, but it needs to be cheaper.
~ Erin Hunter
(July 15, 2023 at 3:12 pm)Angrboda Wrote: I learned that I have a free trial for Midnight Suns.  I should play it a little before spending $25 on it.  But the sale on Catan ends much sooner than that on Midnight Suns.

If you want a decent and free version of Catan, I'd recommend a site called 'BoardGameArena' that my sister put me on to. Before that we used to play Catan on a mobile/pc app, that we weren't entirely happy with... which may or may not be the one you're looking to buy. The one on BoardGameArena is in our opinion truer to the rules of Catan - for instance the paid one we knew did not hide your victory points from cards from other players, but the one on BGA does; small point maybe but it makes it feel much more authentic - and is now our goto way to play cross-country games with the family. There is no AI to play against though, only other players, so if that's important you might prefer the paid game.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fire Emblem Three Houses: Anyone else playing it? Cecelia 0 453 August 30, 2019 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Moms playing Fortnite John V 8 870 August 18, 2018 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Sterben
  Anyone playing PUBG? John V 1 479 July 27, 2018 at 10:05 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Finished playing HZD Foxaèr 10 2321 May 2, 2018 at 11:00 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
Wink What do you plan on playing this year? Macoleco 7 1650 April 9, 2018 at 6:57 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  The art of not playing games Silent Snob 24 5254 March 27, 2017 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Your favorite role-playing video games Casca 18 2811 November 18, 2016 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: ApeNotKillApe
  What are you currently playing? Shell B 27 4203 October 31, 2016 at 10:44 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  What are you playing right now? Bob Kelso 52 7541 November 16, 2015 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  So I'm playing Dark Cloud Violet 4 4023 October 8, 2013 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: Violet