Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 12:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meaningful ideas and quotes
RE: Meaningful ideas and quotes
^ ROFLOL

Haven't you got any butts to wipe? Big Grin
Day off Dunno
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(November 24, 2018 at 11:24 pm)Fireball Wrote: Eeyeaaah, but now look at the pyramids. Entropy has a way of obtaining in the end.

The pyramids’ problems are largely the result of vandalism. I do agree that they’re nothing against the full yawn of time. Still, they did pretty well in the time they’ve had.
"Religions are maintained by people. People who can't get laid, because sex is the first great earthly pleasure. But if you can't get that, power is a pretty good second one. And that's what religion gives to people. Power. Power is sex for people who can't get or don't want or aren't any good at sex itself." (Bill Maher)
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
“Falsehood flies, and the truth comes limping after it.”

— Jonathan Swift
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
"Only two things you ignore: things that aren't important and things you wish weren't important. And wishing never works."

— House, "Not Cancer"
'If your ideological beliefs leave you upset that people say “Happy Holidays,” but proud of the idiot-monster who’s tear-gassing refugee children at your border, ...could you please stop calling yourself “Christian,” and use the more accurate term, “Giant Arsehole,” to describe yourself?

I have a feeling the real Christians would appreciate the distinction.' - Ricky Gervais

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
"The press takes him literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally."

— Salena Zito on Donald Trump
(November 28, 2018 at 10:04 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: “Falsehood flies, and the truth comes limping after it.”

— Jonathan Swift

"A lie can circle the globe before the truth can even put on its shoes." (Mark Twain)
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
'It simply isn't an adventure worth telling if there aren't any dragons.' - JRR Tolkien

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
“God has never endowed any statesman or philosopher, or any body of them with wisdom enough to frame a system of government that everybody could go off and leave.”
— Benjamin Harrison, U.S. president.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Famous Karl Marx Quotes vulcanlogician 7 570 October 2, 2021 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: DLJ
  Philosophical ideas and acting "as though" bennyboy 12 2147 March 31, 2017 at 11:15 am
Last Post: henryp
  Your favorite quotes. Lemonvariable72 42 7659 July 16, 2014 at 9:37 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Would any of you drive a car made by Darwin's ideas? professor 85 11832 March 14, 2014 at 5:35 am
Last Post: Cato
  Ideas of god? BrokenQuill92 0 988 January 10, 2014 at 4:02 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  A brief interlude of J Krishnamurti, and other great quotes liam 4 2505 September 20, 2012 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: jonb
  Some quotes, belonging to a philosopher Zenith 3 2614 May 23, 2011 at 9:19 am
Last Post: Zenith