Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 6:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rule Change (New Staff Power)
RE: Rule Change (New Staff Power)
(January 23, 2016 at 2:59 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: This is exactly why I say there should be more communication involved prior to banning someone. It may not be anyone's fault, and you might all have very good intentions, but you won't know if you're wrong or not until you actually speak to the person involved and ask them what they meant by x,y and z.

I find that shoot first, ask questions later is not a very good policy. Yet it is one practiced here, in effect.

And I know I'll talk to God before I ever get anyone to admit their mistakes, that's clear as day and it's simple human nature, but I do hope to stop something from happening again in the future.

How do you know that the person isn't talked to first? Jumping the gun a bit aye? Since you are not staff, how about you stop making assumptions and just shut up already?

It is well known that staff give warnings, (read: this includes talking to) the offender. Don't act like you don't know this fact. I'm not staff and even I fucking know it.

Honestly, EP just needs to get a grip and get over himself already.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I know it because I wasn't warned about anything I was purported to do after the fact.
So this guy joins this forum freely, shits around and abuses the hospitality given to him, gets a chance with warnings and a vacation and he still thinks he can have a say on how this place is run? This forum exists even before he ever got pubes.

Listen good EP: The payment to leave this forum is exactly the same you payed to join: ZERO. The only thing I advise is to watch the door... don't let it hit your ass on the way out.
(January 23, 2016 at 3:19 pm)LastPoet Wrote: So this guy joins this forum freely, shits around and abuses the hospitality given to him, gets a chance with warnings and a vacation and he still thinks he can have a say on how this place is run? This forum exists even before he ever got pubes.

Listen good EP: The payment to leave this forum is exactly the same you payed to join: ZERO. The only thing I advise is to watch the door... don't let it hit your ass on the way out.

What warnings might you be referring to? If you're referring to this kind of agressive language, then yes, I got a lot of these, including from staff.

You seem to assume I did something wrong. I reject that and ask you to point out what exactly you think I did wrong.
What you all seem to be saying, and correct me if I'm wrong, it doesn't matter if you break any rules or not, if we don't like you, you'll fuck off. Is this what you're saying?

Why is this thread about me again? I have repeatedly asked people to stop attacking me ad-hominem and stay on topic. We couldn't do that, and then I'm the one who gets banned for firebombing threads... This is mind-boggling.
(January 23, 2016 at 2:59 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: I find that shoot first, ask questions later is not a very good policy. Yet it is one practiced here, in effect.

This is not how staff operates at all.
(January 23, 2016 at 3:27 pm)Evie Wrote:
(January 23, 2016 at 2:59 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: I find that shoot first, ask questions later is not a very good policy. Yet it is one practiced here, in effect.

This is not how staff operates at all.

Well, it was in my case. And I know this for certain. However, I do not want to discuss my case here, as you yourselves have a rule against that. I wish to continue the discussion in private.

@Everyone else,
Might we stop talking about how or why I got banned? It doesn't matter who said what... Can we stop attacking each others and move on?
(January 23, 2016 at 3:21 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote:
(January 23, 2016 at 3:19 pm)LastPoet Wrote: So this guy joins this forum freely, shits around and abuses the hospitality given to him, gets a chance with warnings and a vacation and he still thinks he can have a say on how this place is run? This forum exists even before he ever got pubes.

What warnings might you be referring to? If you're referring to this kind of agressive language, then yes, I got a lot of these, including from staff.

This staff does not work in vain and I know for a fact that they are dedicated, caring and tolerant. In your case even too much, but I am not staff and even If I were, my opinion does not mean action, as it needs consensus.

You came here proclaiming to be the smartest person, that 99% of people in here are idiots. All fine and dandy, but why are you here? Why do you care? My opinion os that you enjoy the attention, even from the staff.

If you are not happy here, just log off and find a place where people will bask in your self proclaimed greatness. If you go apeshit again, spreading your toxicity all over the forum, then you will probably be permabanned and the announcer in the staff log will get many kudos.

The more you talk, the more you prove that you are not half as intelligent as you proclaim... You just show yourself as a very immature person full of delusions of grandeur.
(January 23, 2016 at 3:32 pm)LastPoet Wrote:
(January 23, 2016 at 3:21 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: What warnings might you be referring to? If you're referring to this kind of agressive language, then yes, I got a lot of these, including from staff.

This staff does not work in vain and I know for a fact that they are dedicated, caring and tolerant. In your case even too much, but I am not staff and even If I were, my opinion does not mean action, as it needs consensus.

You came here proclaiming to be the smartest person, that 99% of people in here are idiots. All fine and dandy, but why are you here? Why do you care? My opinion os that you enjoy the attention, even from the staff.

If you are not happy here, just log off and find a place where people will bask in your self proclaimed greatness. If you go apeshit again, spreading your toxicity all over the forum, then you will probably be permabanned and the announcer in the staff log will get many kudos.

The more you talk, the more you prove that you are not half as intelligent as you proclaim... You just show yourself as a very immature person full of delusions of grandeur.

I didn't come in here proclaiming to be the smartest person and I only said that 99% of the people here are idiots after I sustained multiple attacks directed at my person. I got emotional and caved under pressure, it's understandable. Try out my shoes for a change, we'll see how you'll fair in them.

I don't enjoy attention more than the average person. I'm here to make friends and have a place to talk to fellow atheists. That's all.

I am perfectly happy here if I don't have to fear I'm singled out and harrassed and banned for reasons others don't get banned for. I do not seek for anyone to "bask in my self proclaimed greatness" - what a ridiculous thing to say.

What do you mean, go apeshit? What toxicity?

I am sorry you have that impression about me. How might I change it?
(January 23, 2016 at 3:28 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: @Everyone else,
Might we stop talking about how or why I got banned?

If you didn't want to talk about it, you should not have brought it up.

Take responsibility for your own actions. This continual finger-pointing, blame-gaming martyrdom is not only misguided, it's counterproductive in view of your proclaimed aims.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Staff Log - Bannings, Reports, and Other Actions Darwinian 3278 789700 53 minutes ago
Last Post: arewethereyet
  New Staff Moderator The Valkyrie 20 1712 December 30, 2023 at 8:25 am
Last Post: no one
  PSA: Hate Speech, rule 7 arewethereyet 24 2714 September 21, 2023 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  PSA: Update to necroposting rule arewethereyet 51 6963 April 3, 2023 at 2:33 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  PSA: Added to threats rule arewethereyet 8 2948 May 19, 2022 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  PSA: The Necroposting Rule BrianSoddingBoru4 42 7188 April 6, 2022 at 3:03 pm
Last Post: brewer
  PSA - Clarification of rule #3 on doxxing. arewethereyet 18 3864 November 17, 2021 at 5:11 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Staff Changes BrianSoddingBoru4 32 6725 November 23, 2020 at 10:45 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  [Serious] Proposing A Rule Change BrianSoddingBoru4 24 4964 June 11, 2020 at 11:30 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  The "Report" button, and how not to treat your staff. Jackalope 71 28391 February 9, 2020 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: brewer