Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 6:46 pm

Poll: Is this the lamest "Ask a..." thread ever?
This poll is closed.
Certainly
58.82%
10 58.82%
Definitely
41.18%
7 41.18%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask an atheistforums.org admin
RE: Ask an atheistforums.org admin
Do staff members have different bribe levels, or does it work like a tip jar, where all proceeds are divided equally at the end of the night?

(I only ask because I'm determined to win at least one Forum Award next year, and I need to know what to allocate.)

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Divi Tiberio likes licorice.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
*begins nefarious plot to corner the world licorice market*

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 17, 2016 at 8:19 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Divi Tiberio likes licorice.

Licorice can go die in a fire.

I fucking hate licorice.
Ever try sounding with a piece ??

You might change your mind . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Sorry if this has been asked already.

What proportion of the time do you find it enjoyable and rewarding, compared to the times it's less enjoyable (for whatever reason)?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I heard there might be some bad blood between this forum and the ".com" version. Do you know anything about that and why that is?
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(January 17, 2016 at 1:38 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I heard there might be some bad blood between this forum and the ".com" version. Do you know anything about that and why that is?

I don't think there's any bad blood at all. There's friendly rivalry and banter, but I should point out that when their site went down we created a subforum specifically so that they could regroup and sort things out.
(January 17, 2016 at 5:53 am)pocaracas Wrote: When are you going to get a theist mod?

Also, really? beccs has purged forum bot, too? Poor guy... Has no luck with the ladies...
Don't know, but I can think of two reasonable theist choices right off the top of my head. It's happened before and will again.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
{reply to #87}

It's not like they are atheist otters.

[Image: south-park-s10e12c15-dawning-of-the-sea-otters-16x9.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it.