Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 11:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Men are all pigs"
RE: "Men are all pigs"
(May 9, 2016 at 10:11 am)pool the great Wrote:
(May 9, 2016 at 9:53 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: Saying, ,women are equal in power and should never be viewed as weaklings by men, and also, we expect them submit to us," doesn't make a whole lot of sense.  Unless that's not what you mean, in which case feel free to correct me.  [emoji14]

I don't think women are expected to be submissive, I think it's men that are the one's that are expected to be dominant.I think that's why fellow men lose respect for a man with a dominant wife and not lose respect for the woman for not being submissive.  :')

I consider those men (who lose respect for a man with a woman who respects herself) to be really insecure. I know a lot of them in the extended family ... most of them are chronically and involuntarily single.
(May 9, 2016 at 6:01 pm)Irrational Wrote:
(May 9, 2016 at 10:11 am)pool the great Wrote: I don't think women are expected to be submissive, I think it's men that are the one's that are expected to be dominant.I think that's why fellow men lose respect for a man with a dominant wife and not lose respect for the woman for not being submissive.  :')

I consider those men (who lose respect for a man with a woman who respects herself) to be really insecure. I know a lot of them in the extended family ... most of them are chronically and involuntarily single.

There's a difference between the two things you're talking about. 

Pool is talking about dominance and submission.  Irrational, you're talking someone having respect for themselves/ not having respect for themselves.

Dominance or submission aren't really definite indicators of self respect.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

In the west, people look at men like you as being very, very insecure about something. Maybe you have a tiny penis?
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
(May 9, 2016 at 6:33 pm)paulpablo Wrote:
(May 9, 2016 at 6:01 pm)Irrational Wrote: I consider those men (who lose respect for a man with a woman who respects herself) to be really insecure. I know a lot of them in the extended family ... most of them are chronically and involuntarily single.

There's a difference between the two things you're talking about. 

Pool is talking about dominance and submission.  Irrational, you're talking someone having respect for themselves/ not having respect for themselves.

Dominance or submission aren't really definite indicators of self respect.

First, to be clear, nowhere in that quote did I say that submissiveness implies lack of respect for oneself. Not saying that's how you interpreted it, but just saying.

Second, I think it's clear what pool means when he says "dominant". Read his prior posts.
(May 9, 2016 at 5:36 pm)abaris Wrote:
(May 9, 2016 at 12:17 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: He has the brains of a coral reef, but none of the charm.

Don't underestimate coral reefs.

I was actually trying to give Pool the benefit of the doubt. Smile

(May 9, 2016 at 10:11 am)pool the great Wrote: I don't think women are expected to be submissive, I think it's men that are the one's that are expected to be dominant.I think that's why fellow men lose respect for a man with a dominant wife and not lose respect for the woman for not being submissive.  :')

Me, I want my woman to be my equal ... to be strong enough to take my force of personality and be able to tell me when I'm screwing up, to be smart and confident enough to tell me to fuck off when I'm being an asshole, compassionate enough to give me support when I'm down, empathetic enough to cheerlead when I'm riding high.

I'm not interested in a doormat. I don't need to step on someone else to feel like I'm rising, myself.

Yeabut in India guys who are involuntarily single can opt for an arranged marriage
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

I was just replying to this post.  I don't know what pool means when he says dominant.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(May 9, 2016 at 6:56 pm)Losty Wrote:
(May 9, 2016 at 6:01 pm)Irrational Wrote: I consider those men (who lose respect for a man with a woman who respects herself) to be really insecure. I know a lot of them in the extended family ... most of them are chronically and involuntarily single.

Yeabut in India guys who are involuntarily single can opt for an arranged marriage

Yeah, lucky him. I'm sure his future wife is so excited to be so submissive to a clear hunk like him. She's gonna love him for life.
(May 9, 2016 at 6:55 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Me, I want my woman to be my equal ... to be strong enough to take my force of personality and be able to tell me when I'm screwing up, to be smart and confident enough to tell me to fuck off when I'm being an asshole, compassionate enough to give me support when I'm down, empathetic enough to cheerlead when I'm riding high.

I'm not interested in a doormat. I don't need to step on someone else to feel like I'm rising, myself.

I like your brain, Thump.

Got any bread?
I'm making you a goddamned sandwich, just for the hell of it. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The prevalence of HIV among gay men darnwelling 30 1939 January 11, 2023 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: darnwelling
  A question for the straight men Catholic_Lady 87 12871 January 11, 2023 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Little green men just got real. ignoramus 87 7412 July 7, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  The army is one of the best examples of gender inequality towards MEN Macoleco 64 5505 February 18, 2021 at 8:04 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Real Men onlinebiker 111 5503 January 28, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Men who don't flush public toilets Alexmahone 32 3201 April 25, 2018 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  men and women with tattoos, hot or not? orthodox-man 110 21411 April 24, 2018 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Question for the heterosexual men of AF Catholic_Lady 242 27108 April 18, 2018 at 11:40 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Men: How do You Define Yourself? Rhondazvous 33 2545 April 3, 2018 at 5:51 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Men's Rights Movement Catholic_Lady 538 68744 January 1, 2018 at 11:54 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet