Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 12:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evidence for atheist claims
RE: Evidence for atheist claims
(June 3, 2016 at 12:05 pm)Esquilax Wrote:
(June 3, 2016 at 10:31 am)Little Rik Wrote: I do judge according what I see or hear not according what a particular term suppose to mean.

And do you believe that what you see and hear is all that could possibly be seen or heard? Or do you understand that you might not know everything?

Mate.  Hi

I already said again and again that the consciousness in human beings is like an iceberg.
A part is above the water but the big chunk is below so all human beings have to do is to
work very hard in the effort to bring the hidden part above in order to fulfill the scope of life
and to reach the goal of life.
I am no exception.
I also have to learn a lot.
At the same time i feel I am in very good hands.
My spiritual teacher take care of me as far as I follow his teachings.
Right?  Smile
Little Rik Wrote:Wrong.
1) A dogma can be a single so called principle.
It doesn't have to be a set of principles.
2) It doesn't have to be laid down.
Anybody can express a dogma without such a dogma having to be laid down.
3) It doesn't have to be express by an authority.
Anybody can create a dogma.

dog·ma
ˈdôɡmə/
noun
noun: dogma; plural noun: dogmas
[ol]
[li]a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true.
"the Christian dogma of the Trinity"

Simple Definition of dogma
[ul]
[li]: a belief or set of beliefs that is accepted by the members of a group without being questioned or doubted[/li]
[li]: a belief or set of beliefs that is taught by a religious organization[/li]
[/ul]
dogma

[dawg-muh, dog-] /ˈdɔg mə, ˈdɒg-/
Spell Syllables
[ul]
[li]Examples [/li]
[li]Word Origin [/li]
[/ul]
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun, plural dogmas or (Rare) dogmata

[dawg-muh-tuh] /ˈdɔg mə tə/ (Show IPA)
an official system of principles or tenets concerning faith, morals, behavior, etc., as of a church.
Synonyms: doctrine, teachings, set of beliefs, philosophy.
a specific tenet or doctrine authoritatively laid down, as by a church: the dogma of the Assumption;
the recently defined dogma of papal infallibility.
Synonyms: tenet, canon, law.
prescribed doctrine proclaimed as unquestionably true by a particular group:
the difficulty of resisting political dogma.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(June 4, 2016 at 5:01 am)Little Rik Wrote:
Quote:  

Wrong again son.  Banghead
    Banging Head On Desk

Hi Rik .. I have just ploughed  through fifty odd pages and it suddenly dawned on me why you are having difficulty seeing reason .... You keep banging your head on stuff and it is probably doing damage  to your head and if your "God" did ever exist in your head he is probably dead by now or severely damaged      Banghead     Banging Head On Desk 

Maybe a nice cup of tea and use a pillow rather than a brick wall and your keyboard and maybe then we can have a nice little chat about your imaginary friend Smile

Dog.
Religion is the top shelf of the supernatural supermarket ... Madog
Little Rik is just the best troll around this forum. Whatever discussion he is in, he always replies, in a way that does not break any rules. His replies are just enough to keep an audience.

However, the people replying to him, should not refrain from giving reason over his bullshit. He thinks its all about him, but there are others reading the thread and taking something out of the replies. Why are we feeding the troll? Because others might find reason where little rik as no regard.
(June 4, 2016 at 9:41 am)LastPoet Wrote: Little Rik is just the best troll around this forum. Whatever discussion he is in, he always replies, in a way that does not break any rules. [...]

Except for rules of logic and English grammar...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(June 3, 2016 at 10:54 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(June 2, 2016 at 2:03 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: You think you can win an argument by redefining atheism.  How sad.

Again all I do is to judge according to what I hear or see not according the definition of the word.  Smile

(April 24, 2016 at 8:36 am)Little Rik Wrote: Correct Rob. Clap
A lot of people misuse language as you say.

The term "atheism" originated from the Greek ἄθεος (atheos), meaning "without god
Right?

So let us stick to the original meaning.
All the rest is incorrect. Indubitably

Right? I'm all ears!
(April 25, 2016 at 6:16 am)Little Rik Wrote: That is the very problem Lock.
If people would leave the original meaning alone we wouldn't have religions, hatred and many wars.
Religions are a cancer born out of the vandalization of spirituality.
Jesus, Buddha, Shiva, Krishna never teach religion in fact they were against dogma which religions are based upon.
But not only religions have vandalized pure and clean ideals.
A lot of other ideals have also been vandalized.
Arts, music and everything else.
Take the rock music, the metal music and all what our kids are listening these days.
All this are vandalized form of pure music.
That is why we should live the original meaning alone. Lightbulb

Two faced Rik, changing his standards whenever convenient. Aka "Making it up as he goes along."
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(June 4, 2016 at 5:49 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(June 3, 2016 at 10:54 am)Little Rik Wrote: Again all I do is to judge according to what I hear or see not according the definition of the word.  Smile

(April 24, 2016 at 8:36 am)Little Rik Wrote: Correct Rob.  Clap
A lot of people misuse language as you say.

The term "atheism" originated from the Greek ἄθεος (atheos), meaning "without god
Right?

So let us stick to the original meaning.
All the rest is incorrect.  Indubitably

Right?  I'm all ears!
(April 25, 2016 at 6:16 am)Little Rik Wrote: That is the very problem Lock.
If people would leave the original meaning alone we wouldn't have religions, hatred and many wars.
Religions are a cancer born out of the vandalization of spirituality.
Jesus, Buddha, Shiva, Krishna never teach religion in fact they were against dogma which religions are based upon.
But not only religions have vandalized pure and clean ideals.
A lot of other ideals have also been vandalized.
Arts, music and everything else.
Take the rock music, the metal music and all what our kids are listening these days.
All this are vandalized form of pure music.
That is why we should live the original meaning alone.  Lightbulb

Two faced Rik, changing his standards whenever convenient.  Aka "Making it up as he goes along."

You got a little big mental problem yog.  Banging Head On Desk

I certainly said that the original meaning should be left alone.
At the same time I said that as far as someone turn the original meaning into something else
then I have no choice but to rebut and challenge that idea.

Are you that stupid that you see a contradiction in that?

Get real yog and get some vitamins for your brain because you badly need them.  Smile
(June 4, 2016 at 9:31 am)madog Wrote:
(June 4, 2016 at 5:01 am)Little Rik Wrote: Wrong again son.  Banghead
    Banging Head On Desk

Hi Rik .. I have just ploughed  through fifty odd pages and it suddenly dawned on me why you are having difficulty seeing reason .... You keep banging your head on stuff and it is probably doing damage  to your head and if your "God" did ever exist in your head he is probably dead by now or severely damaged      Banghead     Banging Head On Desk 

Maybe a nice cup of tea and use a pillow rather than a brick wall and your keyboard and maybe then we can have a nice little chat about your imaginary friend Smile
Dog.

If you send me your name and address I can send you a pair of reading glasses that may help you to
understand who are those who bang their heads on the wall.  Wink
(June 4, 2016 at 9:13 am)Mister Agenda Wrote:
Little Rik Wrote:Wrong.
1) A dogma can be a single so called principle.
It doesn't have to be a set of principles.
2) It doesn't have to be laid down.
Anybody can express a dogma without such a dogma having to be laid down.
3) It doesn't have to be express by an authority.
Anybody can create a dogma.

dog·ma
ˈdôɡmə/
noun
noun: dogma; plural noun: dogmas
[ol]
[*]a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true.
"the Christian dogma of the Trinity"

Simple Definition of dogma
  • : a belief or set of beliefs that is accepted by the members of a group without being questioned or doubted
  • : a belief or set of beliefs that is taught by a religious organization

[*]
dogma

[dawg-muh, dog-] /ˈdɔg mə, ˈdɒg-/
Spell Syllables
  • Examples
  • Word Origin

[*]
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun, plural dogmas or (Rare) dogmata

[dawg-muh-tuh] /ˈdɔg mə tə/ (Show IPA)
an official system of principles or tenets concerning faith, morals, behavior, etc., as of a church.
Synonyms: doctrine, teachings, set of beliefs, philosophy.
a specific tenet or doctrine authoritatively laid down, as by a church: the dogma of the Assumption;
the recently defined dogma of papal infallibility.
Synonyms: tenet, canon, law.
prescribed doctrine proclaimed as unquestionably true by a particular group:
the difficulty of resisting political dogma.
[*]

I can challenge all those ideas any time any place.
No problem with that and no problem with who will came out as the winner.  Wink

Yoga is the original while those who came later are not.
In fact most of them are bad imitations.  Smile
(June 5, 2016 at 7:57 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(June 4, 2016 at 9:31 am)madog Wrote: Hi Rik .. I have just ploughed  through fifty odd pages and it suddenly dawned on me why you are having difficulty seeing reason .... You keep banging your head on stuff and it is probably doing damage  to your head and if your "God" did ever exist in your head he is probably dead by now or severely damaged      Banghead     Banging Head On Desk 

Dog.

If you send me your name and address I can send you a pair of reading glasses that may help you to
understand who are those who bang their heads on the wall.  Wink

Son of God, Jesus .... 125 jesus in wonderland .... Thanks .... 

I will send you a pillow .... don't bother with the name and address I see and know everything  Smile
Religion is the top shelf of the supernatural supermarket ... Madog

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ayaan Hirsi Ali now claims to be Christian. Brian37 26 1729 November 17, 2023 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The Historical Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Nishant Xavier 38 2565 August 7, 2023 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  When were the Gospels Written? The External and Internal Evidence. Nishant Xavier 62 3426 August 6, 2023 at 10:25 pm
  Veridical NDEs: Evidence/Proof of the Soul and the After-Life? Nishant Xavier 32 1738 August 6, 2023 at 5:36 pm
  Isaiah 53, 700 B.C: Historical Evidence of the Divine Omniscience. Nishant Xavier 91 4929 August 6, 2023 at 2:19 pm
  Conscience and the Moral Argument as Evidence for the Goodness of God. Nishant Xavier 162 8289 July 9, 2023 at 7:53 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Signature in the Cell: DNA as Evidence for Design, beside Nature's Laws/Fine-Tuning. Nishant Xavier 54 2936 July 8, 2023 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why the resurrection accounts are not evidence LinuxGal 5 1066 October 29, 2022 at 2:01 pm
  Scary claims of God's punishments debunk_pls 30 4063 September 24, 2021 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Legal evidence of atheism Interaktive 16 2618 February 9, 2020 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball