Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
That is the unmistakable fashion sense of the 80's lol
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
They were a great, and largely unheralded, band -- fantastic musicianship, lyrics that bounced between the resonant and the absurd, and a sound that while perhaps dated still has so much melodicism.

And Dale's a hottie, even in 80s armor-plate duds. Good lord, those legs!

(September 7, 2016 at 2:24 am)Mamacita Wrote: CIJS...
I don't like it when my friends suffer.  Heart

Same.
CIJSAIJBH: I feel totally and utterly ashamed of myself. I'm so sorry. I hate myself right now and it will take me a while to process what I did. I regret it completely. You are a very, very kind person to forgive me. I am so relieved you are willing to wipe the slate clean as if it never happened. Because it should never have happened. It wasn't me. It was a scary, alternate, unbalanced version of me.

It did give me a strange kind of insight which I'll share below.

Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
(September 7, 2016 at 11:57 am)robvalue Wrote: CIJSAIJBH: I feel totally and utterly ashamed of myself. I'm so sorry. I hate myself right now and it will take me a while to process what I did. I regret it completely. You are a very, very kind person to forgive me. I am so relieved you are willing to wipe the slate clean as if it never happened. Because it should never have happened. It wasn't me. It was a scary, alternate, unbalanced version of me.

It did give me a strange kind of insight which I'll share below.

Not sure what this is about, Rob...but don't beat yourself up too much okay? Even the most rational and reasonable of us can get clouded up sometimes. It happens. Our fallibility is part of our humanity. We will always fuck up. The important thing is that you recognized it and its consequences, and that you can move forward in a productive and meaningful way. You short yourself SO much credit. I'm sure everything will be okay. Lots of love. [emoji8]
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
Rob, in the depths of my alcoholism, I did that several times in arguments with Carla. It's an awful feeling, knowing how dishonest we can be given the right (er, wrong, you know what I mean) state of mind.

The best remedy for me in the moment is that when the realization you're not in your right mind sets in, the best thing to do is listen noncommittally.

I hope all comes right with you and the other involved.

Thank you both very much Smile

It appears everything will be okay. The person recognises I was not in my right mind and believes (I hope) that I now do not in any way stand by what I said. I believe that they have genuinely forgiven me. I would do the same to someone else.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
I can't relate to dishonesty but I do care about you deeply Rob and lies aren't the worst thing in the world. I have no idea the context or what your motivations were but I know you must have meant no harm Heart You must have been trying to do good with white lies or something? It's okay Rob. Again I wish I could relate Sad I feel like a jerk Sad

I love you big bro. Heart
(September 7, 2016 at 1:50 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: I can't relate to dishonesty but I do care about you deeply Rob and lies aren't the worst thing in the world. I have no idea the context or what your motivations were  but I know you must have meant no harm Heart You must have been trying to do good with white lies or something? It's okay Rob. Again I wish I could relate Sad I feel like a jerk Sad

I can't and won't speak for Rob but for myself, it was as much a matter of lying to myself -- which to my mind removes any possibility of them being white lies.

(September 7, 2016 at 1:50 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: I can't relate to dishonesty but I do care about you deeply Rob and lies aren't the worst thing in the world. I have no idea the context or what your motivations were  but I know you must have meant no harm Heart You must have been trying to do good with white lies or something? It's okay Rob. Again I wish I could relate Sad I feel like a jerk Sad

Thank you little bro, I love you too Heart

I was trying to help someone, in what I considered to be a potentially dangerous situation. In my mind, they not only didn't take my help seriously, or the threat, but they threw it back in my face as well and levelled some very serious accusations at me. I realise now that this isn't what happened. There were a series of very unfortunate misunderstandings.

I was so deeply hurt by this that I could barely function. Against my better judgement, I contacted them again while in this very emotional state. In my mind, I was sticking up for myself after being mistreated. I wasn't telling any lies, I was just laying things out how they were.

After talking it through, the misunderstandings became apparent, and not only that, much of what I said I realised I didn't mean at all. I'd said how I felt about quite a lot of things, and I realised I totally did not feel that way. In my fragile state and being tormented by depression, my world went topsy turvy during this period. Once it was the right way up, I instantly regretted having ever contacted them before calming myself down.

They have been extremely gracious, and from their point of view, it just seemed like I'd lost the plot for about half an hour. I'm calming down and not being so hard on myself now. Looking back now at what I thought had happened, I can understand why I got as upset as I did.

Index of my best videos

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 932 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1211 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 471 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama