Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
(September 14, 2016 at 1:46 pm)Nymphadora Wrote:
(September 14, 2016 at 1:37 pm)pocaracas Wrote: 5 hours for one client?!
Damn!!
If you weren't at a school, how much would that cost the client?

That would depend on the services being done and the type of salon/spa that was offering.

She's getting a spa facial, basic manicure and natural hairstyling. The school already has extremely low prices so if this were an actual salon, for five hours worth of what she's having done, I'd say no less than $400 for the entire thing.

That's.... messed up...
But it's a mentality that will give you a nice job, so... who am I to question it?! Wink

Yeah, that sounds like a proper price for that much time.
(September 14, 2016 at 1:42 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote:
(September 14, 2016 at 1:37 pm)pocaracas Wrote: 5 hours for one client?!
Damn!!
If you weren't at a school, how much would that cost the client?

When my stylist comes over, she usually gets there by 7 and sometimes doesn't leave before 11. And that's just to dye and highlight sometimes, because she "weaves" colors in so that when the roots grow out, it looks more natural.

Getting hairs done used to be an all morning affair for women who could afford it.

Color... color... not dye lol. Dye comes in those boxes you find on the shelf in Walmart. Stylists use actual color that they have to formulate and mix. Nothing out of a box. 

So your stylist uses the weaving method on foils to do your highlights, does she also do the slicing method with the weaving?  Typically, the slicing and weaving method are used together. She comes to your house? I'm sure there's an extra charge for that. Does she do a full head of foils or a partial?

Depending on what she's doing, including a hair cut etc. The foils themselves should take no more than 25 minutes to put in your hair. Depending on what your natural color is and how many levels you want lifted, depends on the developer used and the time it will take for that to do it's job. If you're getting highlights and are level 7 or higher, I can't imagine you needing to have your hair double processed. If you are a level six or below, you'll need double processing, which there is an extra charge for the toner as it's actual color, depending on the brand used. But even with that, you should be done inside of two hours even with blow drying and styling your hair.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(September 14, 2016 at 1:53 pm)pocaracas Wrote:
(September 14, 2016 at 1:46 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: That would depend on the services being done and the type of salon/spa that was offering.

She's getting a spa facial, basic manicure and natural hairstyling. The school already has extremely low prices so if this were an actual salon, for five hours worth of what she's having done, I'd say no less than $400 for the entire thing.

That's.... messed up...
But it's a mentality that will give you a nice job, so... who am I to question it?! Wink

Yeah, that sounds like a proper price for that much time.

Heh... the stylist doesn't get all that. They are lucky to get a 50% commission from that. Pennsylvania does not allow cosmetologists to rent chairs anymore. They must be hired on at a salon. They are offered either an hourly + commission or they are offered commission only. That usually includes them having to sell retail and they get commission from that as well, but it's no where near as high as the commission for services.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
This is why stylists don't want you in their chair for hours unless they are making killer money and can afford to have you sit there. Some famous stylists in New York do charge by the hour, because they are THAT good. But in general, most stylists are employed by chain salons and earn an hourly pay plus any commission. And zero benefits. No health insurance, no dental, etc because most are just part time employees.
(September 14, 2016 at 1:53 pm)Nymphadora Wrote:
(September 14, 2016 at 1:42 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: When my stylist comes over, she usually gets there by 7 and sometimes doesn't leave before 11. And that's just to dye and highlight sometimes, because she "weaves" colors in so that when the roots grow out, it looks more natural.

Getting hairs done used to be an all morning affair for women who could afford it.

Color... color... not dye lol. Dye comes in those boxes you find on the shelf in Walmart. Stylists use actual color that they have to formulate and mix. Nothing out of a box. 

So your stylist uses the weaving method on foils to do your highlights, does she also do the slicing method with the weaving?  Typically, the slicing and weaving method are used together. She comes to your house? I'm sure there's an extra charge for that. Does she do a full head of foils or a partial?

Depending on what she's doing, including a hair cut etc. The foils themselves should take no more than 25 minutes to put in your hair. Depending on what your natural color is and how many levels you want lifted, depends on the developer used and the time it will take for that to do it's job. If you're getting highlights and are level 7 or higher, I can't imagine you needing to have your hair double processed. If you are a level six or below, you'll need double processing, which there is an extra charge for the toner as it's actual color, depending on the brand used. But even with that, you should be done inside of two hours even with blow drying and styling your hair.

I have no idea if she "slices" in - I pay her well because she comes to my house and is a friend. She lightens my hair from a dark brown to various shades of red, sometimes adding in coppers and other shades during the summer. It just depends on what she's doing and what had been done last time. Plus she generally cuts and dries it for me while she's there.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
hmmm... TSQ... how would your hair look if you didn't have any of that done?
(it does look pretty natural on your pics, so... your money is well worth it... I guess....)
That's pretty cool. Most friends in the business will go to other friends houses. I imagine that she works in a salon and wouldn't get near as much as what you pay her if you had to go in to her salon for services.
Omg now you're taking the time to message me too?! 

....Remain cool jelly. Remain cool. >.> 

No flustered jelly here guys >:U
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. For if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes unto you."
(September 14, 2016 at 2:03 pm)pocaracas Wrote: hmmm... TSQ... how would your hair look if you didn't have any of that done?
(it does look pretty natural on your pics, so... your money is well worth it... I guess....)

Dark brown. I had to go a while back to find it, lol. She's been highlighting or coloring it for the past couple of years.

[Image: 11021263_10152582423567653_6228658009656...e=5840B870]
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Comparing....https://atheistforums.org/thread-49-post...pid1383219... hmmm only slighly different...

But yeah.... I'd say it's worth it Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 932 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1206 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 471 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama