Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
CIJS,

It's nice to be able to leave something positive here.

You spent a portion of your morning learning how to call me "potato queen" in Elvish.

That is the goofiest, sweetest thing another Slav (or person, really) has said to me. Ever.

I am stronger and better because of our bond.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
<post error>
JBH: Wanting to be dead is a horrible feeling. I really hope that one day I actually want to be alive, rather than arriving at a moral decision to stay alive.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Rob, you're an amazing person. Anyone who actually knows me knows that I don't say things like that lightly or carelessly. I sincerely hope you'll be able to truly see your own value (pun somewhat intended).
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
Thank you, that's very kind Heart

I do certainly feel valued by many people. That is a very nice feeling. The hope that I can have a positive influence and support people is one of the reasons I remain.

I've been this way for nearly 10 years now, so I'm doing well with coping with it. I try to keep a positive attitude in every way I can.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
A new CIJS -

I'm sorry for always putting my foot in my mouth with you.  Even after all these years, I get flustered around you.  I know why: I've always loved you completely, and always feel like I need to earn your trust, friendship, and platonic love every day, like I'm starting from the beginning all the time.  And, yes, I know that's dumb and irrational.  We wouldn't talk 2-4 days a week if you didn't like me.  You wouldn't be concerned if I was late, or legitimately happy when I arrive.  It's just that self-esteem has always been somewhat elusive for me, and I need to constantly reassure myself that you do care and aren't just humoring me out of pity.

I hate myself for thinking that last part.

Things are different from how they were.  Really different from what I had hoped.  But even though we're not the same people as before, and even though our relationship has changed dramatically over the years (and not in a bad way), I still love you with all my heart.  I would do just about anything for you.  And if I stumble and do or say something dumb, it's only because I've never really figured out how someone amazing like you willingly puts up with someone like me.  It's hard for me to believe, and like I said before, I constantly feel like I have to earn it.

I'd also like to push your fiancé down a flight of stairs, but that's neither here nor there.... Devil
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
CIJS I'm tired of being your venting wall. I'm happy to listen to someone when they need to vent, but this is getting to be a bit too one-sided. What am I getting out of this arrangement? Do I get to say anything? Nope. Let's just hear your complaints all day long while I nod and repeat "uh huh" again and again. How about you repeat the same damn complaints that you had the last few weeks a few more times?

I'm tired of finding excuses to get away from you. I'm not your toy. This needs to end.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
CIJS:

My day began with a gloomy and misty morning.  Upon leaving my house a bit later than usual, I managed to get lucky with the lights and make it to work on time.  The morning meeting consisted of routine small talk and occasional laughs and humor aimed at uplifting employee morale. In addition, the usual spiel about accommodating negative customer behavior was also emphasized: to be fair, business is not great, so we cannot afford to risk the word of mouth back lash that can result from being too strict with returns and pricing issues. However, in the back of my mind, I considered the following idea: what if, in addition to accommodating the few customers who misbehave and carry on, we also accommodate those few who are exceptional: would this not positively impact people, make a difference, and give the store positive word of mouth referrals, which could enhance business?

Upon getting onto the sales floor, I became occupied with setting the next day’s sale, as the store resembled a ghost town.  However, as I was placing a 50% off the original price sign into a rather stubborn sign holder, an older gentleman approached me with one of our new outerwear jackets in his arms and politely asked if I could check him out at the register; apparently, he and his wife had been searching the sales floor for someone to help them (we are often short staffed).  Once we arrived at the register, we were joined by the gentleman’s wife.  As I was ringing the jacket, his wife, in a very matter of factual, respectful manner, remarked that on a previous occasion, she also had a hard time finding someone to help her.  On top of this, the coupon that I had at the register would not work on the jacket.

Now, it must be acknowledged that the gentleman and his wife did not carry on: they were perfectly willing to let it be, pay for the jacket, and leave.  However, they were both conducting themselves admirably, and long story short, I was able to get them a $25 discount card, which worked on the jacket.  As a result, the gentleman purchased the jacket, and before he turned away to leave, he and his wife paused and smiled at me: in that brief moment, the former gloominess of the morning was transformed into a truly beautiful and memorable experience.

KS, I've been a store manager most of my career. What I've long told my employees is -- "You've heard the saying, 'the customer is always right'? You and I both know that they're not -- they're often wrong. But our job is to have them leave the store feeling right."

Sounds like you did exactly that. Way to go.

CIJS

Sick and tired of the petty crap at school. I am trying to focus on building my brand (me), bettering my skills, getting my license and graduating. I have no need for this cliquey nonsense that these 20-somethings want to engage in. I'm responsible for paying back my loans, not you so keep me out of your pathetic drama. And if you're going to continue talking about me behind my back, you'd better not even think about asking to borrow my stuff. It is your responsibility to bring in what you need. Not everyone else's job to loan you stuff. Quit being lazy.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 932 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1198 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 470 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama