Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
That sucks, sorry to hear that! Best wishes for a speedy recovery Heart

More pressies! Big Grin
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(October 8, 2016 at 2:12 am)robvalue Wrote: That sucks, sorry to hear that! Best wishes for a speedy recovery Heart

More pressies! Big Grin

Cheers robsy... same wishes to you too Heart

Pressie-wise it's hard... what do you give someone who gets more joy from decluttering than acquiring? So I just got meself a film from Amazon video, one that would be in my keep pile (cos I even declutter digital stuff the same way... can only keep it if it sparks joy). So it's actually very hard finding films that are on my joy pile... that I wouldn't declutter. But Volcano was one of them and I think I can afford two or three more. Looking at Speed, Batman, and priscilla Queen of the desert as the probable nexties Smile
You're dressed well today, looking real good. And smelling reallllllllly good.

That's right, this ones about me.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(October 8, 2016 at 2:01 am)Emjay Wrote: I just finished watching (a few hours ago) Volcano and a couple of Ab Fabs... that was my birthday present to myself (hint hint... as Richie: happy burrthdaaay tooooo meeee Wink)

I glad you're feeling better robsy and long may it continue Heart

Happy birthday! :p
(October 8, 2016 at 2:01 am)Emjay Wrote: I just finished watching (a few hours ago) Volcano and a couple of Ab Fabs... that was my birthday present to myself (hint hint... as Richie: happy burrthdaaay tooooo meeee Wink)

I glad you're feeling better robsy and long may it continue Heart

Happy Birthday Heart
CIJS: I did it!

I've been working really hard on this one. I finally got the perfect score on Enyo. 165 on expert mode! That's every enemy taken down while on full skulls. This beats my own previous world record of 157, and should now be unbeatable. I'm really hoping for some new content, the developer tells me it's a possibility!

I recorded killing the last few plebs so I'll upload it soon!
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
Here we go! It's only the last few guys but I use a couple of techniques I discovered. I use the "shield dance" to get over to the bomb guy while maintaining skull meter, then the "mouse trap" to kill him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpiAz_xxV1w

Index of my best videos
CIJS, I unfriended you. Just move on. Don't comment on my stuff.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
CIJS...

I care about you, and want to help you, but I can't work 2 jobs, take care of my own family, and be available to tend to you, 5-6 times throughout the day. I just can't. 
I'm barely able to manage doing so once or twice day. 

I don't want your money; I want you to face reality. If you're no longer to complete even the most basic of tasks without assistance, then you can't live by yourself anymore. 

I'm sorry.

-----------
CIJS...

I know you're worried that your mother will hate you but, things can't continue this way. You need to take control of this situation. 

I'm not the solution, and you know it.
CIJSAIJBH

IMO, the task of finding common ground between the religious/theistic community and the secular community is very challenging: it is very complicated when people hold certain pre-conceptions and cling to certain stereotypes of the 'other'.  Thus, when engaging the 'others', it seems that people are more interested in confirming stereotypes and their past and present thinking patterns; rather than keeping an open mind and adjusting their preconceptions and thought patterns accordingly, as new information, which may contradict popular stereotypes, becomes available to them. Hence, if both communities embraced curiosity and were willing to step outside of themselves and genuinely learn about the 'other', then perhaps they could find overlapping interests, establish commonalities, maintain their individual uniqueness, and peacefully co-exist with one another.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 932 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1199 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 471 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama