Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
CIJS,

I've been selected as a rising star in my company and will receive manager training.  Now, perhaps if I'm good enough, I may become a manager. If in the event that this does happen, and I'm genuinely useful and helpful to others, then IMO, I need to keep the following key leadership guidelines in mind: treat people as people; always credit down; delegate authority but not responsibility; listen more and talk less; get to know my team and empower them; build trust; make it safe for team members to voice feed back; manage conflict in an even-tempered, constructive manner; allow my team members to share their vision of success and harmonize it with the organization's vision.  Most of all, if I can persuade my team that what they do is meaningful, then I just might be able to encourage their hearts: if my team can pour their hearts and passion into their work, then they're going to give it their all, which is what organizational success is all about.  Hence, if I can accomplish this, then maybe I'd be a worthy manager.

(October 10, 2016 at 2:34 pm)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote: CIJS,

I've been selected as a rising star in my company and will receive manager training.  Now, perhaps if I'm good enough, I may become a manager. If in the event that this does happen, and I'm genuinely useful and helpful to others, then IMO, I need to keep the following key leadership guidelines in mind: treat people as people; always credit down; delegate authority but not responsibility; listen more and talk less; get to know my team and empower them; build trust; make it safe for team members to voice feed back; manage conflict in an even-tempered, constructive manner; allow my team members to share their vision of success and harmonize it with the organization's vision.  Most of all, if I can persuade my team that what they do is meaningful, then I just might be able to encourage their hearts: if my team can pour their hearts and passion into their work, then they're going to give it their all, which is what organizational success is all about.  Hence, if I can accomplish this, then maybe I'd be a worthy manager.
From what you've posted so far KS I'd say you've got the attributes to be a great manager, congrats!
I agree! Heart
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
CIJS

I love many of you here. You are like the family I got denied of having. Thank you for being kind to me.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I'm going back to my cupboard under the stairs. I was wrong to assume I was mentally capable of interacting with the muggles.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Please don't tell me to do something 30 seconds after I mention I'm going to do that thing. I guess this equates to please listen to me.

When you do fail to listen or hear me, please don't say I was mumbling stuff, or just babbling on. Please dont interrupt something I'm saying and tell me to just get to the point. Please don't walk off in the middle of me talking, or showing you something I did or pictures I took, and then tell me you are busy and I was boring or babbling again. I get it, you literally could not care less about me, with the exceptions of sex and food.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Come visit me Aroura. I will listen to you and be genuinely interested in what you have to say or show me. And I'll do your hair Wink
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(October 10, 2016 at 2:34 pm)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote: CIJS,

All good points. Remember also this core principle of leadership -- loyalty, like respect, is a two-way street. You have no call on the loyalty of your subordinates if you give none of your own.

Best of luck on your new course.

(October 11, 2016 at 5:54 am)Excited Penguin Wrote: Have a good one, AF. You never bloody liked me anyway.

I know that feel.

Stay around, fuck what everyone else thinks.
(October 11, 2016 at 5:57 am)Bella Morte Wrote:
(October 11, 2016 at 5:54 am)Excited Penguin Wrote: Have a good one, AF. You never bloody liked me anyway.

I know that feel.

Stay around, fuck what everyone else thinks.

Heh, I might get banned after my previous post. If I don't, I'll probably stick around. We'll see.

Thanks, though, Bella, anyway.  You're sweet Heart

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 935 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1218 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 471 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama