Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 3, 2024, 9:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
(December 31, 2016 at 7:16 pm)Stimbo Wrote: I'm not going to go through another xmas/new year like this. It's just fucking cruel. I'd sooner be put out of my misery.

So long as you understand that you'd be throwing away a gift that some of us coud only dream about. I'm not even sure if I'll be here next Christmas..

[Image: c5c4c75949993df9ff30ef18e039e450.jpg]
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
It is, however, my gift to do with as I see fit. And my own circumstances are, indeed, my own. None of this means your situation doesn't distress me, because it does and I truly wish I could be of greater help. Or at least, not say the wrong thing.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Its yours, yes. I didn't say it wasn't, except in that its a gift not everyone gets to have. My attempt at getting you to see it for what it is, a gift not a curse, and help you to fnd the will to covet not curse such a gift. I failed, again, sorry.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

(January 2, 2017 at 1:52 am)Luckie Wrote: So long as you understand that you'd be throwing away a gift that some of us coud only dream about. I'm not even sure if I'll be here next Christmas..

Yes you bloody will. Heart
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
[/quote]
(January 2, 2017 at 4:27 am)Esquilax Wrote:
(January 2, 2017 at 1:52 am)Luckie Wrote: So long as you understand that you'd be throwing away a gift that some of us coud only dream about. I'm not even sure if I'll be here next Christmas..

Yes you bloody will. Heart

Oh baby! Hai. Didn't see you there.. Yes, yes I bloody will indeed.  Heart i have you to fight for!

(December 31, 2016 at 7:16 pm)Stimbo Wrote: I'm not going to go through another xmas/new year like this. It's just fucking cruel. I'd sooner be put out of my misery.

[Image: fchog.jpg]

CIJS:

I came to a realisation. I've been making a big error in my thinking.

I have been pinning my hopes of being happy on certain events happening. So much so, that I've excluded the possibility of being happy right now. I've built this cage around myself, and told myself there is only one way out.

This is bullshit. I need to accept things as they are, and to lead my life in a fulfilling way. I must appreciate what I have, instead of always longing for the things I don't. I see now that these events would not be a solution anyway. Sure, they would make me happy, they would be awesome, but life would still be essentially the same. It's understandable that being so depressed leads me to look for escape routes; to seek a massive change. To chase excitement and new experiences.

If these things happen, then great! They will be good. But it must be a bonus. My focus should remain on the present. I can't be forever waiting around for things to change. And although life is very hard, I'm starting to get this. I have addressed issues which were genuinely holding me back from being happy. I've done what was possible to do. Now it's just a matter of working on my health and my anxiety, to get my life in order. I have an amazing wife, fantastic friends and wonderful pets. These are what keep me going, and they are all worth it.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
That's right, Rob; live in the moment. Smile

CIJS

I busted my ass to make things happen for YOU. I did all the necessary things that you should have done and when you let her make the statement that I have no right to make decisions about anything, then you can deal with things by yourself.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
CIJS,

yeah, you think I ruined your day. Well fuck you and your dysfunctional family. I have close relatives who work in health care and are required to report instances of abuse to vulnerable adults. I'm not, but I know how to do it, and if the situation between your folks and your sister and her piece of shit husband reoccurs, I will report all of you for abuse. Yes, you too, because you know about it now, and if it happens again it's ON YOU TOO.

Clean up your fucking family mess and leave me the hell out of it.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 937 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1227 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 478 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama