Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 2:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
(May 15, 2017 at 6:54 am)Ben Davis Wrote:
(May 13, 2017 at 5:39 pm)J a c k Wrote: CIJS...
Dude. You better not embarrass me up in here. Lol

I hope to embarrass you quite thoroughly, my dear Angel

[Image: tumblr_op5722tHO01shj36bo1_400.gif]
CIJS, isn't it about time we both recognize that stuffing a bunch of unnecessary receipts and unread bank statements into your purse does not a bookkeeping system make?

I told you I'll handle this stuff. Just trust me to do so. I'm the one person who definitely isn't out to screw you.
(May 12, 2017 at 6:00 pm)Lutrinae Wrote:
(May 12, 2017 at 5:57 pm)Tazzycorn Wrote: Meat* cooked proper needs no sauce. Period.

*For the proper culchie experience pronounce this word maate.

Besides, always adding dressings and sauces to foods only increases the calories one is consuming.

Food, from my experience, tastes just fine without any added crap.

Now I feel guilty for adding extra lemon sauce to my lemon chicken.

Goes off and eats it anyway Big Grin
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
See...I don't care about your hidden, painful past, or the various ins and outs as to why you're so hateful.
You're a long-time adult, Buttercup. Like the song goes: "Everybody hurts....sometimes".

That's just no excuse to denigrate and demean folks on a continual basis; Not in my book. Let the rest of the these chumps try to "figure" you out, and feel sorry for you. I won't and, I don't.

Behave like a evil, inhuman bitch, and I'll treat you accordingly; I will not suffer your bullshit, lady.

Simple as that.
I'm at an unusually low point in my life right now, and so I'm going to vent here.

CIJSAIJBH, I am tired of those attacking people with my condition of being lacking in empathy in the sense that we are heartless "creatures" and thereby lacking in compassion (there's even a website that's exactly about that, lol). I am NOT a heartless person, I care a lot about a number of people in my life and have feelings of "softness" and compassion for them, especially when I realize they are going though lows in life or need emotional support. When I see them cry, I cry as well. When I see them in pain, I hurt as well for them. My partner, without being prompted by me, tells me I understand her in ways no one else has ever understood her (and we have been together for a number of years). When a family member wants to talk about their personal struggles, I'm there to listen. How can this be if I am heartless and lack compassion?
Cijs...

Love my job. But I have got to start wearing shirts NOT made of cotton.

I don't need hair splinters in my boobs.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(May 15, 2017 at 8:04 pm)Grandizer Wrote: I'm at an unusually low point in my life right now, and so I'm going to vent here.

CIJSAIJBH, I am tired of those attacking people with my condition of being lacking in empathy in the sense that we are heartless "creatures" and thereby lacking in compassion (there's even a website that's exactly about that, lol). I am NOT a heartless person, I care a lot about a number of people in my life and have feelings of "softness" and compassion for them, especially when I realize they are going though lows in life or need emotional support. When I see them cry, I cry as well. When I see them in pain, I hurt as well for them. My partner, without being prompted by me, tells me I understand her in ways no one else has ever understood her (and we have been together for a number of years). When a family member wants to talk about their personal struggles, I'm there to listen. How can this be if I am heartless and lack compassion?

You're Vulcan.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
well,

here we are, a huge disaster erupted over the weekend and for me it was entirely foreseeable 15 years ago, but for you, despite repeated arrests in several counties in more than one state THIS YEAR ALONE, you are completely surprised now !!

I'm thinking about an intervention. Not for your kid, FOR YOU. You're a danger to yourself, clearly. You lost the kid, as I said, 15 years ago, but your denial has now cost you dearly. And yet I'm not sure you're done trying to save his criminal and worthless ass.

The kid needs to hit bottom NOW. And he needs to stay in jail or prison for a long time, and he can sit in on as many in-house 12 Step meetings for all his problems as he can while he is there.

Sucks you stand a very real chance of loosing your relationships with your relatives he harmed/house/retirement/savings AND your son . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

That does suck.
Fairly sure I'd do the same for my kid though, especially if it was my fault lost them in the first place.
Perhaps some people do have to hit rock bottom before they bounce back up.
Definitely a hard situation for the parent.
I have no salvation. I know I said I wouldn't, but I do every time. Maybe I forget. Maybe I have no salvation. Maybe you know that already. I'll hold a sign. Warning. Hazard. Flammable.

Wut? Angel
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 944 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1232 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 480 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama