Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 8:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
(May 23, 2017 at 8:58 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(May 23, 2017 at 8:21 pm)Fireball Wrote: I haven't been privy to any of that. Interestingly enough, the priest who married me and my wife had the nerve to be surprised (and say it) when he saw us a year later and we were still married. We celebrated our 36th anniversary last February. Excellent judge of character, that guy. Rolleyes

Wait.

You and your wife are married to a priest?

How does that work?

Dodgy  In the US, at least, the act of joining a couple in matrimony is called "marrying" them. Perhaps I could have used a different syntax. The priest actually didn't like me all that much, I could tell. When I was given that 3-month time schedule for people to say we couldn't be wed, I told him I could always go to a Justice of the Peace, but I deferred to my wife's preference of being married in a church. Or it might have been that I was in university and worked Saturdays and Sundays and hadn't been in a church in years. Cool  She wanted to get married on Valentine's Day (which we did) and I wasn't going to wait until the following year, not even for some church rule. So, it was two, not three months. Then he got the vows wrong, the tool. I didn't make a big deal out of it, as we were in front of a lot of people at the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banns_of_marriage
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
CIJS, post edited. I'm a conflict resolution dork and can get too carried away sometimes.

(May 23, 2017 at 11:50 pm)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote:

My overall problem with rude customers is that they should not be given a free pass to behave as they do while the employee has to accept the bullying just to keep the job.

Customer service is good in general, but it becomes evil when customers are allowed to bully employees.

The fact is that the customer is not always right, and it is something the bully customer needs to be taught.

When you let bully customers have free reign to do as they wish you have high employee turnover rates at the company.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(May 23, 2017 at 11:56 pm)Lutrinae Wrote:
(May 23, 2017 at 11:50 pm)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote:

My overall problem with rude customers is that they should not be given a free pass to behave as they do while the employee has to accept the bullying just to keep the job.

Customer service is good in general, but it becomes evil when customers are allowed to bully employees.

The fact is that the customer is not always right, and it is something the bully customer needs to be taught.

When you let bully customers have free reign to do as they wish you have high employee turnover rates at the company.

One thing I've noticed is that customers are quick to complain about staff for the most trivial reasons but don't say a word when the staff is good.

I had an example on Friday when I went into a local pub that does an excellent make your own breakfast (this was 10.30am).  The two wait staff that served me were fast, professional, and extremely courteous (and both had very obvious American accents).

After the meal, as I was paying, I told their supervisor just how excellent their staff were.  It's a small gesture, but I think hearing something positive can really boost a person's day.
Dying to live, living to die.
CIJS what a catchy-ass tune this is, but at the same time, I feel creepy listening to a four-year old wax poetic about a frog-related freakout?
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(May 23, 2017 at 11:56 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: [quote='Kernel Sohcahtoa' pid='1557300' dateline='1495597837']
[hide]CIJS,

Today, while some of my coworkers and myself were eating in the break room, one of my coworkers remarked that she doesn't let people (customers), who behave in a poor and nonconstructive manner, get to her; she just does her best to help them and get them out of the store.  Once, she said that, another co-worker made the following remark: 95% percent of the shoppers in our store behave in a kind and decent manner, while 5% behave in a rude, insulting manner.  However, she said that it was those 5% that really get to her and stick with her. 

Now, she is a hardworking, respected individual of our team who has had a constructive impact on many people.  As a result, IMO, if she keeps this fact in mind when she does encounter poor, nonconstructive behavior from a customer, then it may aid her in acknowledging that such behavior is a reflection of that person's particular behavior choices which are outside of her control and are not a reflection

Thanks for sharing your insights, sir.

Cijs

I've been worried about you.. how are you doing? 

If u need someone to talk to I'm here. Sporadically and at odd hours throughout the day or night, but I'm here. Sorry it's not more, I don't have much to give.. but I know that you would not hesitate to help another in need for even a second! Its so heart breaking knowing good people deal with such shit life experiences almost exclusively alone. Its hard not to be there in person for you especially, right now. I'm barely here for myself. But it doesn't stop my love and affection for you one bit! 

Its rough because I know if you were on a Christian chat or went to church right now, they'd all rally around you and you'd never be short of ears to listen to you amidst an entire room-full or auditorium of people! I wish I could provide that for you. But the comfort I'd feel knowing someone is listening to you and telling you you're loved would be shaded with worry of the guilt and shame simultaneously being laid upon your shoulders with the 'price' you must pay, for that love.  

I don't have an auditorium. Or a group of people to come to your house and put good vibes to the universe for you. All I have is this place, and this place is as good as any because for me it's a home where my heart is. Here I can provide a message not from the transcripts of a representative of an unseen being--but from my heart, now, and the words upon it at this moment, made especially for you. Its nothing fancy, but it is genuine. We aren't in the same room but that doesn't change the fact that I'm oh so glad to have met you!

At many points in our lives, when it comes down to it, we do need faith. Faith in ourselves, faith that the sun will rise again-- and faith that is given, borrowed , gained, or earned from other people. 

I have faith in you.

Everyone needs a hug, especially when they're down. Did you know it releases seratonin happy chemicals to your brain? The mere simple beauty of having another living beings hands  upon you, shines through so effectively on dark days, it's an indication to me that we are meant to be together not alone! Never alone. And yet.. we sometimes strive to be alone. Well, if you feel down then I ask just one thing. Seek out a hug. From a dog or a cat or a parrot or a policeman --preferably definitely a person! Seeking such a reward is sure to bring you back up, I promise.

Atheists..Well, we are supportive in our own ways, mostly single handedly. But sometimes I feel like we need all the hands and all the hearts and all our minds to focus on those of us suffering the most, and speak to those of us who may be currently actively crumbling from the inside out. Because we do need one another. And we are all interconnected more than we can comprehend. 

I feel like we need a humanist support group. But until then, here's some words from my heart. Hopefully you'll read it and know that I'm not the only one who feels it!

You matter. You're precious to so, so many people. You are loved. You will live to see a better day than today. Giving up is not an option, nor is slandering yourself. You are a beautiful creature and deserve to be treated as such. Forgive yourself, and forgive us fellow humans who have caused you harm, please. Because you are going to be all right. Bounce back. Move forward. Get out of that ditch. Pull yourself out of sink sand. Turn a light on in the darkness. Just.. put out your hand. I'll be there for you. We will all, be there for each other, one way or another.

If I could I'd shalala the crap out of you (or just talk to you), feed you some really good home made food someone else cooked (you'd thank me later), and do everything I could do, to help you fight your fights and feel better and right--I would in a heartbeat!

A single. Heart. beat. 

Heart
Love till death do us part, your human sister 
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(May 21, 2017 at 10:43 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: I love going to weddings.

Show up, wear a suit, get a little tipsy, dance with hot chicks, take a break and dance with moms, go home with someone pretty.

What's not to like?

The fact that not everyone who goes gets to do that Tongue
I'm more human than you could ever be.
Well... duh... I'm a squirrel.

Oh wait methinks you missed out a "CIJS" Angel

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 944 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1232 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 480 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama