Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 10:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
CIJS;

looked up an old group I used to volunteer for and found out they are now defunct . . .

Damn. Put a bunch of effort into that, I was one of the very first ones to sign on once the core group went public with it. LOL, the director was never impressed with me, never figured it out. It was visceral, and literally from the first meeting I went to. Well, didn't matter much to me, I knew he was wrong in that regard and as long as there was no impact to the operation of the outfit, I didn't care.

Anyhow, did what I could and to my knowledge never fucked up anything, despite the paucity of training. And I remedied that by going outside the org and bringing back cross pollination from an other group that was a tad more organized. Even noted when I was helping with G his partner Stan was at some point in the not too distant future going to be a huge problem and I let others from the 'B' team help. Maybe I should have squawked more about Scott being a ding dong, maybe the director could have got him to perform at a little higher level.

Anyhow, the org is gone, and I was Googling different combinations of keywords and locations and managed to find out why they're gone. Their last director was killed in an accident (unrelated to the groups function). Still, the death was a mortal blow to the group and they folded soon after. I'll take that as it is . .

. . . and a curiosity. The original director? The one who didn't much care for me, he's done fucking vanished. Granted, I'm no sleuth, but J, where'd you go?? I don't think you're dead, obits are easy to find, and there isn't one with your name on it. So where did you go?!?!?! And why did you leave no trace? Yeah, I remember you being a pretty private person, but you started an organization that to this day, nowhere on anything on the internet that mentions them, lists your name. And not your employer either. And you were a freaking lightning rod at that place, hell, TV, newspapers, you were a local notable.

I saw a name and email for another volunteer, I'm sure she'll remember me. If your disappearance preys on me, I might contact her and see what I can find out. She was an angel. I recall her first public speaking event and she did so well, and I let her know.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

CIJS I got way too little energy and have no drive to contribute. I'm tired, mentally. Damn those drugs, I bet it's them behind this fatigue.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
If x-tians can't conform to the idea of marriage between gay people then let's fuck off marriage altogether, make it a non-legally binding thing which only civil unions can accomplish.
(September 25, 2017 at 10:25 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: [edit]

It's like we evil atheists have morals and empathy!

Screw that, piss off.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(September 26, 2017 at 5:09 am)Little lunch Wrote: If x-tians can't conform to the idea of marriage between gay people then let's fuck off marriage altogether, make it a non-legally binding thing which only civil unions can accomplish.

My marriage license even says that the gov has given the officiant permission to perform said marriage. No church required, though I was a Catholic when I got married, and did so in a church. I recall that the church wanted some amount of time (3 months) before we could get married. I was not swayed by the "requirement". My wife wanted to be married in a church- which happened on Valentine's Day- and I wasn't waiting another year. That was two months away at that time. But I merely said that we could always just go to a justice of the peace, and the priest caved on that "requirement". We ran into him a little over a year later, and he was surprised to see that we were still married. I have always wondered what went through his mind when he married us, if he was that concerned. We've been married 36 years, now. Tongue
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(September 25, 2017 at 10:51 am)Lutrinae Wrote:
(September 25, 2017 at 10:48 am)Rhondazvous Wrote: On the contrary, remember Plato, everything we see is a copy of the idea. If we can't visualize a house, we can't build one.

How's the visualization of the perfect man showing up at your door worked so far?  Any success, or do you think going out to seek him might just logically work better?
, I don't want the perfect man. The men that I love have their own personalities and don't always do exactly what I want them to do. I did know a guy like that. He wanted nothing bu to make me happy. That was his reason for existing. I couldn't see having a relationship with someone who has nothing else to say.

As for going out and looking for a man...put it like this, I'm on vacation.
What I'm trying to say is http://rhondadenisejohnson.com/young.mp3
I have that young heart and the love, respect, admiration, protection, desire and mutual regard of the men in my life. Just as women don't like being seen as sex objects, is it not just as true that men don't like being seen as relationship objects?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
(September 26, 2017 at 5:45 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote:
(September 25, 2017 at 10:51 am)Lutrinae Wrote: How's the visualization of the perfect man showing up at your door worked so far?  Any success, or do you think going out to seek him might just logically work better?
, I don't want the perfect man. The men that I love have their own personalities and don't always do exactly what I want them to do. I did know a guy like that. He wanted nothing bu to make me happy. That was his reason for existing. I couldn't see having a relationship with someone who has nothing else to say.

I have that young heart and the love, respect, admiration, protection, desire and mutual regard of the men in my life. Just as women don't like being seen as sex objects, is it not just as true that men don't like being seen as relationship objects?

Rhonda, is that you singing?
(September 26, 2017 at 6:29 pm)Industrial Lad Wrote:
(September 26, 2017 at 5:45 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: , I don't want the perfect man. The men that I love have their own personalities and don't always do exactly what I want them to do. I did know a guy like that. He wanted nothing bu to make me happy. That was his reason for existing. I couldn't see having a relationship with someone who has nothing else to say.

Rhonda, is that you singing?

No, that's Candi Staton. I just posted it for the words. I sing occasionally. There are only 8 notes, right? So given a random shot, I'm bound to hit the right one occasionally.Big Grin
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
(September 26, 2017 at 6:50 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote:
(September 26, 2017 at 6:29 pm)Industrial Lad Wrote: Rhonda, is that you singing?

No, that's Candi Staton. I just posted it for the words. I sing occasionally. There are only 8 notes, right? So given a random shot, I'm bound to hit the right one occasionally.Big Grin

Cool song though.  Once I get my new cables for my mic, assuming that fixes things, I might actually do some straight singing for once. That's cool that you write. I was an aspiring writer of fiction in High School but I couldn't write enough words. So mainly I wrote stupid stories intended to be funny.

I write lyrics to Industrial tracks, but that honestly doesn't take so much artistry.
CIJS,

Earlier today, a customer had complimented my voice and said that I should be doing voice work and that I was in the wrong job; she was nice, and IMO, she meant well. 

Now, this is interesting, because whenever people make remarks about my voice (TV, radio, movies), I usually just thank them, and afterwards, I'll brush it off and remind myself that there are plenty of people out there who have fantastic voices, and realistically, my voice is probably not as unique/distinct as people are making it out to be; I'm just a guy who tries to speak well.

With that said, based on my research of the voice over business, there's more to voice over/radio than having a nice voice:  in order to be successful, an individual must continually market himself or herself and needs to build as many connections as possible, and as an extreme introvert, this is something that I've never enjoyed; IMO, it is not for me.  But nevertheless, I'm appreciative of the people who take time out of their day to say something nice to another person.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 943 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1232 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 480 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama