Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 3:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
(February 25, 2018 at 10:37 am)Thena323 Wrote:
(February 25, 2018 at 10:05 am)Joods Wrote: Being a Native Marylander - I have to admit, I've never had a soft shell before. Totally not interested at all. That looks gross. It's even weirder when they make a sandwich out of one. 

But the crab pretzel? I can and do make those. Usually, after I've eaten my fill out of a bushel, I will sit in front of the tv and pick the lump crab meat from the uneaten crabs. I'll end up with a huge amount left over. I make crab cakes, cream of crab soup and of course, crab pretzels. 

I think it's also some sort of requirement for anyone living in Maryland to have some Old Bay on hand. Me? I have a few containers of the stuff. Goes great on grilled corn on the cob and French fries as well.

I give Maryland crab soup a definite edge over She-crab soup, though Crab & Corn chowder is my favorite.
They're all good though. I'm just crazy for soup, tbh.

And yeah, you're likely to find a rusty-ass can of Old Bay in many folks' cabinets in this neck of the woods....I've got my mine back there somewhere.
Seems to be the case in NC around Pasqotank County and the Outer Banks when I go visiting folks there as well.

I'll be in OBX at the end of July when we go on vacation this year and Old Bay is coming with us Big Grin

It's always been a staple in my house growing up and I really can't live without it.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(February 25, 2018 at 10:42 am)Joods Wrote: I'll be in OBX at the end of July when we go on vacation this year and Old Bay is coming with us Big Grin

Ooh...That's some nice, relaxing fun right there.
I might pass y'all you on my up to Chincoteague or Assateague.

I'm gonna go play with the ponies. Sleepy
(February 25, 2018 at 1:53 pm)Thena323 Wrote:
(February 25, 2018 at 10:42 am)Joods Wrote: I'll be in OBX at the end of July when we go on vacation this year and Old Bay is coming with us Big Grin

Ooh...That's some nice, relaxing fun right there.
I might pass y'all you on my up to Chincoteague or Assateague.

I'm gonna go play with the ponies. Sleepy

That sounds like so much fun! Too bad we aren't going to be near each other. We could arrange a meet up during vacation
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(February 21, 2018 at 8:59 pm)energizer bunny Wrote:
(February 20, 2018 at 1:07 am)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote: CIJS,

A few weeks ago, I encountered a challenging customer: he had worn a jacket for about a year and parts of the lining were worn out, and as a result, he said that since the jacket was about $1,000 (he had no receipt and no price tag for the item, so that we could verify the purchase; the item was our house brand, which has always been on some kind of a sale) that he should either have the jacket repaired for free or that we return the jacket for the $1,000; I told him that the latter option was against our policy as it was used merchandise and we had no item information.  In the interest of finding some kind of a solution, I called the tailor out to see if she would be able to repair it for free.  She informed me that she would need to order a completely new lining for the jacket and that the repair would cost $100.    I then informed the gentleman of the repair cost and that the cost could not be reduced (the tailor clearly stated this) nor would it be free.  As a result, he made a negative comment, grabbed the jacket, and walked off as if he was leaving the store; however, he went to another register and asked to speak to another manager.

When the other manager arrived, she tried to get information for the item but was unsuccessful. In the interests of appeasing him (she assessed him as the type that would not go quietly), she took his name and number and stated that she did not have the authority to have our organization pay for the repair and that she would talk to the store manager and call the gentleman when she received an answer. This approach ultimately appeased the gentleman and he was appreciative of her efforts.

With that said, the gentleman was in our store today and complained about me; the tailor actually overheard him speaking negatively about me and informed me as a result.  In addition, the tailor also informed me that the organization is paying for the gentleman's repair.  Upon examination of my encounter with the gentleman, I definitely could have handled the situation better: from the beginning of my encounter with the gentleman, I got the sense that he was challenging and had an attitude of entitlement; given his conduct, a direct no was ineffective, as it only increased his sense of entitlement and made the matter more challenging to resolve.  Hence, the approach used by the other manager was correct (I was wrong), and I will remember this approach when dealing with people who have similar attitudes and who conduct themselves in a similar manner.

I agree, you could've handled this so much better. As soon as he asked for a return, you could've grabbed his jacket, threw it at his face and said "over my dead body, your not getting anything from me." Or you could've just laughed at him. Mocking him. Saying "what makes you think your getting anything from me" while laughing. Then encouraged your other employees to laugh at him as well. "Hey look everyone, this guy is asking for a return without a receipt." 

I'm kidding of course.  Cool

Don't forget you could have called him a "banana-faced blue bottle fly loving gibbon from distant skies" and farted in his Soufflé. That's how I'd treat my customers and I highly recommend it.
CIjS?

Your arrogance and delusion of grandeur smells like cheap tequila drizzled over a pair of fake boobs, boobs with last night’s semen turned into crust. You strut like you’re the one doing it right. You’re such an asshole. You’re a swollen group of veins in the region of the anus. I should just call you ‘rhoid.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
CIJS,

Remind me never to get on mama's bad side.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
CIJS,

All you crazy drivers need to stop honking your horns out of mere impatience. The freaking tool is not there as an extension of your anger issues.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(February 27, 2018 at 6:11 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: CIJS,

All you crazy drivers need to stop honking your horns out of mere impatience.  The freaking tool is not there as an extension of your anger issues.

That's what the bumper is for. 

And insurance.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(February 27, 2018 at 6:11 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: CIJS,

All you crazy drivers need to stop honking your horns out of mere impatience. The freaking tool is not there as an extension of your anger issues.

I lived in Florida long enough to know why they're honking. FL drivers have no patience for slower drivers in the left lane. If you want to go the speed limit, that's perfectly fine, but the left lane is for faster traffic and passing only.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Same way in Maryland. If you can't go faster than the speed limit - stay the hell out of the left lane.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 947 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1232 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 480 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama