Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 3:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Supernatural Evidence?
RE: Supernatural Evidence?
(October 19, 2016 at 11:43 pm)Soldat Du Christ Wrote: "Sure, iron sharpens iron. I have a question about that, though. You've asked us to stay open-minded."

When?

(October 17, 2016 at 8:49 pm)Soldat Du Christ Wrote: So, are you open to supernatural evidence?

I mean, that was just in this thread. It was even in the OP. I could point it out to you in your other threads as well, if you'd like.

Are you open to evidence?
I don't believe you. Get over it.
(October 20, 2016 at 12:22 am)Jesster Wrote:
(October 19, 2016 at 11:43 pm)Soldat Du Christ Wrote: "Sure, iron sharpens iron. I have a question about that, though. You've asked us to stay open-minded."

When?

(October 17, 2016 at 8:49 pm)Soldat Du Christ Wrote: So, are you open to supernatural evidence?

I mean, that was just in this thread. It was even in the OP. I could point it out to you in your other threads as well, if you'd like.

Yes, that's an inquiry. I asked IF, not TO. I want to seperate those who dismiss supporting evidence (wouldn't even beleive if amputees are healed) from those who are reasonable (testable, observable, repeatable, falsifyable). But by no means am i pleading for all to listen. Notice i ignore an awfull lot of comments. Not only for the interests of time, but for my own sanity, i refuse to run around in circles with individuals who have dogma glasses on.
(October 20, 2016 at 12:50 am)Soldat Du Christ Wrote:
(October 20, 2016 at 12:22 am)Jesster Wrote: I mean, that was just in this thread. It was even in the OP. I could point it out to you in your other threads as well, if you'd like.

Yes, that's an inquiry. I asked IF, not TO. I want to seperate those who dismiss supporting evidence (wouldn't even beleive if amputees are healed) from those who are reasonable (testable, observable, repeatable, falsifyable). But by no means am i pleading for all to listen. Notice i ignore an awfull lot of comments. Not only for the interests of time, but for my own sanity, i refuse to run around in circles with individuals who have dogma glasses on.

Then my question still stands. Are you open to evidence contrary to your beliefs?

The reason I ask is that it is important if you are looking for a discussion here. If you just want to pick out people who are easy to manipulate and ignore the rest, then nothing is being accomplished.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
Of course, i found this article posted earlier to be the most sufficient refutation of the bibles divinity. I havn't quite dug into it yet, but it should be pretty good!

Somthing you all have to realise is that at the end of the day it all comes down to beleif. And that is hard for me to say, given i see it being such a clear answer. But if this was so, we wouldn't see such a massive split in belief systems. This is all because of the rise of emericism. Some people could be slapped in the face with proof, and still not beleive. Ironicly this was born out of the idea that our minds are not reliable sources for intel gathering, which ends up in a vicious downwards sprial with the end game being litteral insanity.

Now this isn't to say i don't understand that extra ordenary claims, demand extra ordenary evidence. This, i think rests only on the reliability of the bible. On all accounts. Historical accuracy, consistency, scientific statements, etc. I have seen plenty skeptical claims of contradictions, and all sorts of attacks on the source material. I simply don't buy it outright. But we'll see how my opinion changes after look further into this article Big Grin

(October 20, 2016 at 1:01 am)Jesster Wrote:
(October 20, 2016 at 12:50 am)Soldat Du Christ Wrote: Yes, that's an inquiry. I asked IF, not TO. I want to seperate those who dismiss supporting evidence (wouldn't even beleive if amputees are healed) from those who are reasonable (testable, observable, repeatable, falsifyable). But by no means am i pleading for all to listen. Notice i ignore an awfull lot of comments. Not only for the interests of time, but for my own sanity, i refuse to run around in circles with individuals who have dogma glasses on.

Then my question still stands. Are you open to evidence contrary to your beliefs?

The reason I ask is that it is important if you are looking for a discussion here. If you just want to pick out people who are easy to manipulate and ignore the rest, then nothing is being accomplished.

Also understand, when people get in there comfortable zone surrounded by people who agree with them, it's easy for them to just drop off there arbitrary comments. I will not entertain ones claims who do not put the same resepect, and care into their objections as i do.

And seriously, they arn't even high standards, even a link will do.
Quote:Soldat Du Christ Wrote:

All i keep hearing is disbelief

That must be the story of your life.
Soldat Du Christ Wrote:I will not entertain ones claims who do not put the same resepect, and care into their objections as i do.

That's a good example of a bar set so low as to be non-existent.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(October 20, 2016 at 12:50 am)Soldat Du Christ Wrote: Yes, that's an inquiry. I asked IF, not TO. I want to seperate those who dismiss supporting evidence (wouldn't even beleive if amputees are healed) from those who are reasonable (testable, observable, repeatable, falsifyable). But by no means am i pleading for all to listen. Notice i ignore an awfull lot of comments. Not only for the interests of time, but for my own sanity, i refuse to run around in circles with individuals who have dogma glasses on.
It also makes it easier to argue if you can just ignore anything that's too tough to answer. And the "dogma glasses" are what you use to read the Bible or you wouldn't think some vague description happening to match something specific in the real world was in any way "evidence" that magic is real.
Have you ever noticed all the drug commercials on TV lately?  Why is it the side effects never include penile enlargement or super powers?
Side effects may include super powers or enlarged penis which may become permanent with continued use.  Stop taking Killatol immediately and consult your doctor if you experience penis enlargement of more than 3 inches, laser vision, superhuman strength, invulnerability, the ability to explode heads with your mind or time travel.  Killatoll is not for everyone, especially those who already have convertibles or vehicles of ridiculous size to supplement penis size.
Sort of an odd question. If I can interact with supernatural things then how does evidence from supernatural differ from natural? Is there a caveat?

Ii'm open to evidence of any kind.
If water rots the soles of your boots, what does it do to your intestines?
(October 20, 2016 at 1:09 pm)ohreally Wrote: Sort of an odd question.  If I can interact with supernatural things then how does evidence from supernatural differ from natural?  Is there a caveat?

Ii'm open to evidence of any kind.

As I said, a violation of the conservation laws.  As Professor Bart Ehrman likes to say, "Bars of iron sink, whereas, bars of ivory soap float."  If Jesus of Nazareth truly walked on water (he didn't), then that would be a miracle.
(October 17, 2016 at 8:49 pm)Soldat Du Christ Wrote: Alright self-proclaimed athiests

It's an accurate label for what I don't believe in.

Quote:,

FUCK you and your comma!

Quote: this is where your integrity is put into question.

Nope.

Quote:As some of you will so valiantly declair nuetrality,

I am aifrad yuor spilelng mtseiaks are siwonhg.

Quote:the default position being a lack of belief in god,

Absence. There is nothing lacking or deficient in not believing in utter shite.

Sorry but this "lack of belief" thing is one of my pet peeves. It's an absence, not a lack.

Quote: rather than being closed off to the possibility.

I'm not. But logical possibility =/= logical soundness.

Quote:Taking that stance will leave you inlcined [your typos are showing] to be open to the supernatural, as the very idea of God implies supernatural. This isn't a 'GOTCHA' question, i have a following proposition.

So, are you open to supernatural evidence?

If and only if supernatural evidence can somehow be falsifiable. I don't see how that's the case. Supernatural evidence seems unfalsifiable and therefore lacking (not merely absent) by definition.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Historical Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Nishant Xavier 38 2562 August 7, 2023 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  When were the Gospels Written? The External and Internal Evidence. Nishant Xavier 62 3419 August 6, 2023 at 10:25 pm
  Veridical NDEs: Evidence/Proof of the Soul and the After-Life? Nishant Xavier 32 1732 August 6, 2023 at 5:36 pm
  Isaiah 53, 700 B.C: Historical Evidence of the Divine Omniscience. Nishant Xavier 91 4916 August 6, 2023 at 2:19 pm
  Conscience and the Moral Argument as Evidence for the Goodness of God. Nishant Xavier 162 8276 July 9, 2023 at 7:53 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Signature in the Cell: DNA as Evidence for Design, beside Nature's Laws/Fine-Tuning. Nishant Xavier 54 2932 July 8, 2023 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Exclamation Supernatural and Atheism Eclectic 322 27564 January 3, 2023 at 7:28 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Why the resurrection accounts are not evidence LinuxGal 5 1063 October 29, 2022 at 2:01 pm
  Legal evidence of atheism Interaktive 16 2613 February 9, 2020 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Evidence for Believing Lek 368 50812 November 14, 2019 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII