Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supernatural and Atheism
Exclamation 
Supernatural and Atheism
It is true that atheism rejects God, but there is no need to reject the supernatural!
Note that the soul is still unknown.
Also, some believe that the universe has a great spirit that supports nature.
This means that the whole world, that is, all the creatures of the world, all the galaxies together and apart from each other, have some kind of knowledge and self-awareness.
If we liken the soul to the software in the hardware, when the software dies, it leaves the hardware but is not destroyed.

Not believing God is the creator, but considering the world and all existances as self-awareness, what sub-category do you classify?
RE: Supernatural and Atheism
Theism or Atheism?
Atheists demand strong evidence for supernatural. To the point that if there isnt explanation to something, they leave it that way and say "we dont know. Stop saying nonsense about magic".
(August 27, 2022 at 1:59 pm)Eclectic Wrote: It is true that atheism rejects God, but there is no need to reject the supernatural!
Note that the soul is still unknown.
Also, some believe that the universe has a great spirit that supports nature.
This means that the whole world, that is, all the creatures of the world, all the galaxies together and apart from each other, have some kind of knowledge and self-awareness.
If we liken the soul to the software in the hardware, when the software dies, it leaves the hardware but is not destroyed.

Not believing God is the creator, but considering the world and all existances as self-awareness, what sub-category do you classify?

Nature encompass all that actually is.   So by definition the supernatural isn’t.

That is the simplest of concepts, but somehow people can be too stupid to grasp even that (supernaturally stupid?) so as to believe in the supernatural.
‘Supernatural’ is just a catch-all term for those bits of ‘natural’ we haven’t sussed out yet.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 27, 2022 at 1:59 pm)Eclectic Wrote: It is true that atheism rejects God, but there is no need to reject the supernatural!

No need to accept the supernatural, either. Until there's evidence for it, it's a very weak and essentially unusable hypothesis that offers wishful thinking rather than explanations.

Quote:Note that the soul is still unknown.

"The soul" could easily be entirely fictional -- again, wishful thinking motivated by concerns about mortality.
Well of course the supernatural realm exists, everything in the natural world is subect to creation and descruction, but there is always an omnipresent, supernatural reality of things that preserves the spirit of the universe.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
(August 27, 2022 at 4:34 pm)Ahriman Wrote: Well of course the supernatural realm exists, everything in the natural world is subect to creation and descruction, but there is always an omnipresent, supernatural reality of things that preserves the spirit of the universe.

How do you know this?
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(August 27, 2022 at 4:46 pm)zebo-the-fat Wrote:
(August 27, 2022 at 4:34 pm)Ahriman Wrote: Well of course the supernatural realm exists, everything in the natural world is subect to creation and descruction, but there is always an omnipresent, supernatural reality of things that preserves the spirit of the universe.

How do you know this?

He doesn’t. Trust me on this.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 27, 2022 at 4:46 pm)zebo-the-fat Wrote:

How do you know this?
It's common sense.
"Imagination, life is your creation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian and Atheism Worldwide Demographics: Current Realities and Future Trends. Nishant Xavier 55 2741 July 9, 2023 at 6:07 am
Last Post: no one
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27108 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Supernatural Evidence? Soldat Du Christ 266 27419 November 13, 2016 at 10:44 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Can't prove the supernatural God maestroanth 235 22090 June 4, 2016 at 11:38 am
Last Post: SilverFrog
  Two Undeniable Truths Why Theism is True and Atheism and Agnosticism are Not True HiYou 49 12236 July 21, 2015 at 6:59 am
Last Post: KUSA
  Do Supernatural Horror Movies Scare You? PhilosophicalZebra 24 5168 July 10, 2015 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  Natural explanations to former supernatural ideas Won2blv 12 3605 May 17, 2015 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12468 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 12145 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite
  Debate share, young earth? atheism coverup? atheism gain? xr34p3rx 13 10476 March 16, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: fr0d0