Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 6:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ask a Bible college Student
Ask a Bible college Student
(November 4, 2016 at 11:26 pm)Whateverist Wrote:
(November 4, 2016 at 7:35 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: I think of it this way...she is giving life a chance that would have never had a chance without the procedure.   As a mom, it makes me a little sad too, to think of their little embryos that didn't stick.  But then I think, if she can carry just one of those to term that's a person who would have never been otherwise.  And they get to be parents, and love a child.  Why just let all those eggs be released, wasted, for nothing, if one could end up being their precious child?  They may lose embryos trying, but if they don't try, they lose EVERY embryo that could have ever been.

And my theory is that rape is God's way of fixing his plan when you marry the wrong guy.  Does that sound about right?

Yep. It's a self-correcting system, JUST like the scientific method. [emoji6]
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
RE: Ask a Bible college Student
(November 4, 2016 at 11:16 pm)Emzap Wrote:
(November 4, 2016 at 11:39 am)Tazzycorn Wrote: The op seems to have abandoned the thread. I wonder was it all the fallacies in his holy book thrown at him or the fact we didn't immediately bow down and worship yhwh?

It was actually the fact that I'm a full time student, working 20 hours a week, have a lot of assignments, and occasionally try to have a social life. Wink
My faith is not shaken, and I did not expect anyone to believe in God based on me being here and sharing what I believe.

Hey, good to see ya. I thought you had skedaddled.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 5, 2016 at 6:09 am)Tazzycorn Wrote:
(November 4, 2016 at 11:16 pm)Emzap Wrote: It was actually the fact that I'm a full time student, working 20 hours a week, have a lot of assignments, and occasionally try to have a social life. Wink
My faith is not shaken, and I did not expect anyone to believe in God based on me being here and sharing what I believe.

Well then why did you come to a site that was going to rip the tenets of your faith a new one? It's not like your college is even making a ghost of an attempt to give you a critical appraisal of christianity (for example they've sold you the lie that the bible is a valid historical document. It is not).

So I'm beginning to think you're here for one of three reasons, evangelisation (honestly your disavowal doesn't mean much to me, all evangelicals who were trying to convert me irl denied they were evangelising), masochism or bragging rights.

OR maybe he's just here for discussion? Lol.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(November 5, 2016 at 10:52 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(November 5, 2016 at 6:09 am)Tazzycorn Wrote: Well then why did you come to a site that was going to rip the tenets of your faith a new one? It's not like your college is even making a ghost of an attempt to give you a critical appraisal of christianity (for example they've sold you the lie that the bible is a valid historical document. It is not).

So I'm beginning to think you're here for one of three reasons, evangelisation (honestly your disavowal doesn't mean much to me, all evangelicals who were trying to convert me irl denied they were evangelising), masochism or bragging rights.

OR maybe he's just here for discussion? Lol.

No if that were the case he'd have tried to refute my first three posts. But he answered the obvious joke post instead.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Discussions can go any number of ways. Personally, the fact that he/she didn't abandon their own thread after seeing the comments, says quite a lot.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(November 5, 2016 at 3:56 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: Discussions can go any number of ways. Personally, the fact that he/she didn't abandon their own thread after seeing the comments, says quite a lot.

Well, that might just have been a drive by. I'm going to hold my opinion of this individual until I see specific responses to selected earlier posts or no response.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 4, 2016 at 3:14 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: <snipping for brevity>

At 23 weeks (depending on where you look) a baby has between 27% and 35% chance of living, which has only been the case for the last few years as we only recently developed the necessary technologies. But then you've to factor in developmental problems which are very likely to arise, they almost definitely will have learning disaibilities and there is a high chance of cerebal palsy or severe brain defects from the lack of foetal development at birth.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(November 5, 2016 at 4:35 pm)Tazzycorn Wrote:
(November 4, 2016 at 3:14 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: <snipping for brevity>

At 23 weeks (depending on where you look) a baby has between 27% and 35% chance of living, which has only been the case for the last few years as we only recently developed the necessary technologies. But then you've to factor in developmental problems which are very likely to arise, they almost definitely will have learning disaibilities and there is a high chance of cerebal palsy or severe brain defects from the lack of foetal development at birth.

coughsnippingbecauseitmakesyoufeeluncomfortablecough
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(November 2, 2016 at 12:31 pm)Emzap Wrote: Third year Bible college student studying the Bible, intercultural studies, and counseling. Ask anything~

Do you feel sick to the stomach reading the horrific parts? Do you study any other mythologies? And do you mix and match fabrics?
Quote:Catholic_Lady Wrote:

See, this is the interesting bit. I say the "left over" embryos from IVF need to be handled with more humanity, and get crap. Min comes in and says more babies should be aborted and no one bats an eye.

Because, dear, you are far too quick to tell other people how to live their lives.  I should not have to demonstrate to you by now that I don't give a rat's ass about yours (or any) religion.  This is a simple issue of you not minding your own business.  When you are getting up in the middle of the night changing shit-filled diapers or paying to put the little unwanted bastards through school then it becomes your business. 

Forcing women to have kids they don't want is simply oppression of women.,  I know your church is fine with that.... but I am not.

And yeah, the government should pay for it because it is much cheaper in the long run.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Ask a public-health student 2.0 Aractus 1 776 May 9, 2016 at 10:00 am
Last Post: Aractus
Question Ask a public-health/nutrition student Aractus 56 11482 March 19, 2016 at 7:54 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Ask a College Student BrokenQuill92 27 5066 August 5, 2015 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92