Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore
RE: AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore
Astreja, I've always wanted to try ballet, but I feel too intimidated.

Cath, hope that paperwork is in order now.

As for me, I'm down a couple pounds since vacation, so I may be able to get back to my pre-vacation weight next week.
LOL, I managed to put on 6 lbs almost overnight, or my scale is borked.
Drink a lot of water or not poop in a few days? That shit happens, literally.
(July 9, 2018 at 1:36 pm)Shell B Wrote: Astreja, I've always wanted to try ballet, but I feel too intimidated.

Adult-beginner lessons are actually not too bad -- Noncompetitive, not too fast-paced, and the teacher is great.  Only problem is that there are mirrors everywhere, and I see myself in tights and go *ack!*   Big Grin
I'm almost 201. I haven't been this heavy since the middle of April. That was Sunday. Metoprolol and Seroquel together seem to give me crazy food cravings. I see my general doctor on Thursday about the Metoprolol.

I don't know if I want to keep the Seroquel. It was giving me cravings before the Metoprolol. But it makes me sleep and sleep well. Sleep medications can be pretty nasty. I've taken antidepressants as sleep aids and some times I hated them. Ambien was nasty when paired with the antipsychotics I was on at the time. Maybe it would be ok with the stuff I'm on now.
That sounds rough. I hate trying to find the right cocktail.
I have my first appointment with Swedish Hospital bariatric in Seattle on August 8th. That means I could be cleared for surgery by November.

Unfortunately my insurance authorization expires on 12/20 so I must be cleared for scheduling the procedure by then. I can't count on getting an extension.

The toughest hurdle is I'll have to lose ~15 lbs. Prertty sure I can manage. I've been preparing for it diet-wise so that I don't have to make super radical changes later
Push hard for the procedure before then. Don't let them tell you no. Big Grin

I have to go off my diet program because I don't want to overspend in the first year of homeownership. My hope is that I'll eat better out of habit now.
(July 12, 2018 at 1:33 pm)Shell B Wrote: Push hard for the procedure before then. Don't let them tell you no. Big Grin

Probably can't. After the initial consult I have to be on a doctor supervised diet for three months at least, or longer if it takes longer to lose 5% of my body weight. Have to get cleared by psych, have a colonoscopy, might have to have another sleep study to confirm I still have apnea. Lots of insurance hurdles to jump before they can schedule. I don't have to have the procedure by 12/20 but I do have to be cleared.

Its challenging as well because all of my appointments and the procedure are being done in Seattle, 3-4 hours from here. Scheduling around work, yay.

It's not going to be difficult to lose the weight. It's the beaurocratic stuff that is the problem. Hell, it only took 6 weeks for my doc to fax them the right paperwork (which I had provided early), and send the referral to the right clinic. You know, the one my insurance actually covers.
I know three people who e had the surgery. For what it’s worth, they all had to do the hurdles and we’re scared they wouldn’t get there, but they did. I hope it works out for you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Love Your Body Challenge Shell B 39 3255 September 24, 2019 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  NFL may be headed to player negotiation. Brian37 9 1047 August 15, 2019 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-April 1 to May 1 Shell B 232 23437 September 25, 2017 at 11:54 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Atheist Forums' Biggest Loser Shell B 64 5632 March 31, 2017 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Anyone here participate in Sports/Fitness? Lifelongnontheist 24 2627 February 1, 2017 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: yasalam
  Bracket Challenge? SteelCurtain 21 3835 April 5, 2015 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Sad I got fat Something completely different 27 6613 July 9, 2013 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox