Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 11:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 4.71 Average
Member Photos
RE: Member Photos
(December 29, 2015 at 3:01 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Yeah, I think that makes sense. It's not so much ego though, I don't think, as confidence in knowing you know what you're doing.

It's not a lack of confidence here, I just think my eyes are more objectively my best feature - with or without make up, which is more than I can say about a lot of myself.

I think sometimes ego gets a bad rap -- egotistical having a negative connotation, that sort of thing. But in one sense my climbing onstage to make music is, to use the earlier term, "attention-whoring" -- it's not the only and certainly not the prime reason I do that, but that applause at the end of a good song well-done is addictive as any drug. I feel good when we as a band have taken the folks someplace they hadn't been yet. And part of that feeling is certainly ego: I did that. I feel better about myself, and yes, more confident, knowing that even if the room was filled with guitarists, it was me pulling the levers and making their girlfriends drag them out onto the dance floor.

I get what you're saying about objectively viewing yourself; I think I know what my best features are, at least according to the standards of our times. But as you yourself noted, not all features that go into sexiness are physical at all. So even as you objectively note your best features, being confident about presenting your second-best, third-best, and so on features is pretty goddamned hot. I don't think anyone goes out looking for a relationship with someone who needs continual bucking-up. It's great to be honest about oneself, but as with any quality in a person, the continuum of modesty versus immodesty is, for most people, attractive at a happy medium. Stray too far one way or another on the spectrum, and you start looking like a narcissist or a beggar.

(December 29, 2015 at 2:57 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote:
(December 29, 2015 at 12:43 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I hear you, I'm the same way concerning myself -- I definitely have self-image problems, when I'm not wearing a guitar.

Now THAT is interesting - I had a conversation about a month ago with someone about how a girlfriend of mine and I are super awkward sometimes in real life but stick our Nikons in our hands and suddenly we're hot bossy bitches with ALL the confidence. Funny how having a "tool" of some sort that expresses a passionate side of you is all you need to bring

Cigarettes can have a similar effect
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(December 30, 2015 at 3:42 am)Quantum Wrote:
(December 29, 2015 at 2:57 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Now THAT is interesting - I had a conversation about a month ago with someone about how a girlfriend of mine and I are super awkward sometimes in real life but stick our Nikons in our hands and suddenly we're hot bossy bitches with ALL the confidence. Funny how having a "tool" of some sort that expresses a passionate side of you is all you need to bring

... until the first time you cough a Blue Meanie into her face.

(December 30, 2015 at 3:42 am)Quantum Wrote:
(December 29, 2015 at 2:57 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Now THAT is interesting - I had a conversation about a month ago with someone about how a girlfriend of mine and I are super awkward sometimes in real life but stick our Nikons in our hands and suddenly we're hot bossy bitches with ALL the confidence. Funny how having a "tool" of some sort that expresses a passionate side of you is all you need to bring

Yuck
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
He's right though. Think of all those movies from the 30's and 40's.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Love that pic of you summerqueen, with your dog Big Grin
(December 30, 2015 at 3:31 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I get what you're saying about objectively viewing yourself; I think I know what my best features are, at least according to the standards of our times. But as you yourself noted, not all features that go into sexiness are physical at all. So even as you objectively note your best features, being confident about presenting your second-best, third-best, and so on features is pretty goddamned hot. I don't think anyone goes out looking for a relationship with someone who needs continual bucking-up. It's great to be honest about oneself, but as with any quality in a person, the continuum of modesty versus immodesty is, for most people, attractive at a happy medium. Stray too far one way or another on the spectrum, and you start looking like a narcissist or a beggar.

I try to stay in that happy medium - if I was that insecure about myself, I wouldn't post in A69. But I'm decent with a camera, and liking my eyes best doesn't stop me from thinking the rest of me is just okay.
(December 30, 2015 at 9:25 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: I try to stay in that happy medium - if I was that insecure about myself, I wouldn't post in A69. But I'm decent with a camera, and liking my eyes best doesn't stop me from thinking the rest of me is just okay.

I've seen the pics you've taken of your pooch and whatnot, you're more than decent.

(December 30, 2015 at 1:13 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I've seen the pics you've taken of your pooch and whatnot, you're more than decent.

(Here's the ego, lol) The pictures with the pooch are nothing.

https://500px.com/thesummerqueen

https://www.flickr.com/photos/thesummerqueen/
Like dirty pup the best. Did you expect any different?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pet Photos thread where too much is never enough. Whateverist 1189 131150 May 3, 2024 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  new member asswriter 8 292 April 12, 2024 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  New member MistMuse 7 320 April 2, 2024 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New member Jillybean 19 762 March 4, 2024 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member titanif 8 902 October 10, 2023 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  [Serious] Hi. Previous member here. I'm so sorry. Steelfist 2 669 September 21, 2023 at 5:00 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member PaulC 13 1428 August 13, 2023 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  New member Dansup 9 1218 April 1, 2023 at 3:44 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  long time atheist, new member BloodyHeartland 17 2152 February 6, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New Member johndoe122931 21 2734 June 2, 2021 at 7:06 am
Last Post: no one