Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 4:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 4.71 Average
Member Photos
RE: Member Photos
[Image: 401c7a9a-8b37-48ee-a710-4a2554afe75a_zpsr38eriyt.jpg]

Down to 96 kilos.  Smile
This recent escapee from TTA forums is on heavy drugs costing $25.000.00 per week. They affect my mind at times. Excuse me if I react out of the norm.
Banjo.
Looking good!

Apologies guys, I developed a spot on my forehead:

[Image: The_Turtle.png]
(August 2, 2016 at 2:31 am)Alasdair Ham Wrote: Looking good!

Oh oh. You should go let a doctor check whether you have Spotitis
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

He's morphing into the mythical Turtlecorn! Tongue
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I'm already a mythical Turtlecorn. Can't you tell?

[Image: turtlecorns_by_karwei-d32gjim.jpg]
(August 2, 2016 at 2:26 am)Banjo Wrote: [Image: 401c7a9a-8b37-48ee-a710-4a2554afe75a_zpsr38eriyt.jpg]

Down to 96 kilos.  Smile

Lookin' sharp, brotha.

(August 2, 2016 at 2:40 am)Alasdair Ham Wrote: I'm already a mythical Turtlecorn. Can't you tell?

[Image: turtlecorns_by_karwei-d32gjim.jpg]

That's what happens when you get bitten by a Kittencornz
[Image: kittencorn.jpg]
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(August 2, 2016 at 2:34 am)Alex K Wrote:
(August 2, 2016 at 2:31 am)Alasdair Ham Wrote: Looking good!

Oh oh. You should go let a doctor check whether you have Spotitis

[Image: 18bgu8.jpg]

I fixed it Hammy.
You're all good to go...

$87.50 + gst ...How will you be paying for that? Credit Card or EFT?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
YOU RUINED THE BEGINNINGS OF MY HORN YOU SWINE!
(August 1, 2016 at 10:42 pm)Little lunch Wrote:
(August 1, 2016 at 9:57 pm)Banjo Wrote: A bunch. Kylie Minogue is possibly the most famous. TV, radio,  shows etc. Lots of touring but burned out and became a well known teacher.

Lectured at SAE and other places. Wrote for a drum mag etc.

Currently retired.

My best was being in the back up band to Midnight Oil once.
Also played trumpet next to James Morrison when he was touring with the Ronnie Scott Super Band.
You do look very familiar. Ever do anything in Mackay. Jazz or workshops?

Yes I have played Mackay. I think in cover bands.

I have played lots of jazz. I was recently asked to join a jazz quartet based in Paris but due to personal reasons had to turn it down. Bass, piano, tenor sax and flute and drums.

Probably not a good idea to be in Paris at present anyway.

As for master classes? Yes I have done a few. None in Mackay. Mainly major cities. I am currently considering setting some up now. I have offers on the table for some companies who wish me to play their gear. I am thinking about it. As I never tour and have a massive collection of drums I don't need one really. But it would be nice in some ways. One company also has a line of percussion. That is something to consider. 

Recently I established a relationship with the world's best cowbell company based in the Bronx. They even made a special one for me. That was nice but their English is not so good and communication is difficult. The only other company I endorse is a Brasilian drum company. As it turned out, myself and the owner became best friends. That always helps. Smile

Although I do not play professionally anymore at the standard I am used to, I am having fun with some lovely people. They have day jobs so music is freer for them in some ways. No band leaders to yell at me. Big Grin

Current teaching room. There are also timbales, congas, bongos, Brasilian instruments such as the pandeiro and tan tan etc. The photo does not do it just. All pieces are mine. The gold kit in the corner was made personally for me by my dear friend Dave Sleisihman, of Sleishman drums. Amazing kit.

Teaching these days is for love. Funnily I find myself teaching teachers. Big Grin

Anyway, I just wanted to answer your question. This is not a thread about yours truly. 

Here is a picture taken of a band I did a gig with recently. I am on percussion. I recently gave up the percussion job and took over as drummer. (I did not like what I was hearing)

[Image: IMG-20160312-WA0001_zpstnloydws.jpg]

Forgot to add the teaching room.

[Image: 2016-01-23%2015.47.52_zpsfu1tfxzh.jpg]
This recent escapee from TTA forums is on heavy drugs costing $25.000.00 per week. They affect my mind at times. Excuse me if I react out of the norm.
Banjo.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pet Photos thread where too much is never enough. Whateverist 1189 131118 May 3, 2024 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  new member asswriter 8 291 April 12, 2024 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  New member MistMuse 7 320 April 2, 2024 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New member Jillybean 19 744 March 4, 2024 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member titanif 8 902 October 10, 2023 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  [Serious] Hi. Previous member here. I'm so sorry. Steelfist 2 669 September 21, 2023 at 5:00 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member PaulC 13 1427 August 13, 2023 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  New member Dansup 9 1218 April 1, 2023 at 3:44 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  long time atheist, new member BloodyHeartland 17 2150 February 6, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New Member johndoe122931 21 2734 June 2, 2021 at 7:06 am
Last Post: no one