Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 3:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 4.71 Average
Member Photos
RE: Member Photos
No fair! I bet I can do that
Nah I can't
(October 15, 2016 at 9:08 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: Nah I can't

Lol, I bet you can. It's just doing everything in the right sequence, finding balance and you've got it. It took me fucking ages to get eight-angle pose down, but when it clicked, it became second nature. You'd be surprised the prep stretches you do for that one. It involves more hip flexibility than anything else. From there, you're golden if you can hold your own body weight for a a few breaths.
(October 15, 2016 at 8:58 pm)*Deidre* Wrote: I do yoga and major props for those poses, Shell!! Cool

I love yoga pics if you're comfortable sharing them.
Pumpkin I just carved (with some help from Shell B).

[Image: B97gu51.jpg]
In college I took yoga and was very flexible. While doing the plow position I experimented and found I could bring my knees down on either side of my head. Then I could just slowly shift my weight from my shoulders to my knees until I was able to curl upright onto my knees.

Now, 40 years later, yikes not so easy. There are a couple yoga studios in the warehouse next to ours that a lot of our friends go to and rave about them being good for oldsters. It would be so humbling (discouraging) to start over but it would probably be a really healthy thing to do. It would give me impetus for more weight loss too.

I think you've inspired me to at least look into it.
We just had our first big storm of the wet season.  Yay.  The first day after it passed the wife and I went out for a walk in the hills with the pups.  I took a few videos of them doing some spontaneous agility.  I found out Heidi was into it when a friend with a german shepherd Zoe was working with her to jump the fence to the parking area at the dog park suggested I try it with Heidi.  As soon as I patted the fence and said "hip" she was standing on the top of the chest high fence, balancing on its 1.5 inch wide top.  Impulsively I called her back and she actually turned around while maintaining her balance and jumped back down on our side.  So then I started calling up into both standing and fallen trees.  On this hike I just sent her up fallen trees.  These are hosted at flickr rather than youtube so I'm not sure how well it will work. 

Not too well apparently. I wonder if it needs a different code than "img"?

[Image: 30277593512_c2f006c14f_c.jpg]

One more:

Is it a video or a picture?
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(October 19, 2016 at 12:08 am)Losty Wrote: Is it a video or a picture?

Sorry I missed you.  Had to take Lia to the airport.  (On her way to Savannah.)

Should be a video but doesn't seem to move here.
(October 18, 2016 at 11:07 pm)Whateverist Wrote: We just had our first big storm of the wet season.  Yay.  The first day after it passed the wife and I went out for a walk in the hills with the pups.  I took a few videos of them doing some spontaneous agility.  I found out Heidi was into it when a friend with a german shepherd Zoe was working with her to jump the fence to the parking area at the dog park suggested I try it with Heidi.  As soon as I patted the fence and said "hip" she was standing on the top of the chest high fence, balancing on its 1.5 inch wide top.  Impulsively I called her back and she actually turned around while maintaining her balance and jumped back down on our side.  So then I started calling up into both standing and fallen trees.  On this hike I just sent her up fallen trees.  These are hosted at flickr rather than youtube so I'm not sure how well it will work. 

Not too well apparently.  I wonder if it needs a different code than "img"?

[Image: 30277593512_c2f006c14f_c.jpg]

One more:

Sounds like you've got a natural for agility.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pet Photos thread where too much is never enough. Whateverist 1189 131105 May 3, 2024 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  new member asswriter 8 291 April 12, 2024 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  New member MistMuse 7 320 April 2, 2024 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New member Jillybean 19 744 March 4, 2024 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member titanif 8 902 October 10, 2023 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  [Serious] Hi. Previous member here. I'm so sorry. Steelfist 2 669 September 21, 2023 at 5:00 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member PaulC 13 1426 August 13, 2023 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  New member Dansup 9 1218 April 1, 2023 at 3:44 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  long time atheist, new member BloodyHeartland 17 2150 February 6, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New Member johndoe122931 21 2734 June 2, 2021 at 7:06 am
Last Post: no one